Pregnancy Board!!

Has anyone done Disney world for a week at 33 weeks pregnant? We have a trip booked and when we are due to go I'll be 33 weeks pregnant by that time. It's a huge family trip that for some of us will be a once in a life time thing to go together. I'm very healthy and have never had any pregnancy issues with my first child. The walking won't bug me either personally. I'll obviously just know I need some breaks. Anyway just curious from some insight of other mamas who have experienced this. I also don't mind sitting out certain rides. It's all about the kiddos experience not mine I just want to be there to see them enjoy Disney :)
From what people have told me is that each pregnancy is different. WDW is tiring for everyone and especially so for some being 7-8 months pregnant. As long as you are healthy and baby checks out fine, I say go for it. I would also have a hospital on your list in case something would happen that has a nursery. Drink lots of water too! Dehydration can lead to pre term labor. Let your OB/ midwife know what your plans are.

Has anyone done Disney world for a week at 33 weeks pregnant? We have a trip booked and when we are due to go I'll be 33 weeks pregnant by that time. It's a huge family trip that for some of us will be a once in a life time thing to go together. I'm very healthy and have never had any pregnancy issues with my first child. The walking won't bug me either personally. I'll obviously just know I need some breaks. Anyway just curious from some insight of other mamas who have experienced this. I also don't mind sitting out certain rides. It's all about the kiddos experience not mine I just want to be there to see them enjoy Disney :)

Based on my first pregnancy, I would so go for it!!! Make sure you remain active and healthy up until then and I would think you would be fine. With my pregnancy (I have a 1 month old) we moved our entire house at 37 weeks. I didn't do any lifting but did all the packing. I won't lie, I was exhausted at the end of the day, but felt fine doing it. Just had to go slow. At 30 weeks I went to kings dominion. Obviously I didn't really get to ride anything, but I walked around and just enjoyed the park. As long as you are healthy and you doctor agrees, I would so go for it:)

I have not been pregnant at WDW, but did go on a big overseas trip at 32 weeks
If you are flying, anything over 32 weeks requires a doctor approval, so make sure you check with yours.
I was very active and had a great pregnancy (I went to the gym until week 38 and went to work feeling fine the day before my due date) and the long flight took a toll on me. Even drinking lots of water and getting up frequently my feet got pretty swollen
Once in Disney you can take it easy if you need to, not sure at what time of the year your trip is, but heat and crowds will probably won't go well with being 33 weeks.
Every pregnancy is different, but I will check with your doctor. I asked mine and she was fine with me going at 20 weeks and not so keen after 32, because for me it is a long flight

I have not been pregnant at WDW, but did go on a big overseas trip at 32 weeks
If you are flying, anything over 32 weeks requires a doctor approval, so make sure you check with yours.
I was very active and had a great pregnancy (I went to the gym until week 38 and went to work feeling fine the day before my due date) and the long flight took a toll on me. Even drinking lots of water and getting up frequently my feet got pretty swollen
Once in Disney you can take it easy if you need to, not sure at what time of the year your trip is, but heat and crowds will probably won't go well with being 33 weeks.
Every pregnancy is different, but I will check with your doctor. I asked mine and she was fine with me going at 20 weeks and not so keen after 32, because for me it is a long flight

Looks like we arrive the same day. :goodvibes

Has anyone done Disney world for a week at 33 weeks pregnant?

We have a trip booked and when we are due to go I'll be 33 weeks pregnant by that time. It's a huge family trip that for some of us will be a once in a life time thing to go together. I'm very healthy and have never had any pregnancy issues with my first child. The walking won't bug me either personally. I'll obviously just know I need some breaks. Anyway just curious from some insight of other mamas who have experienced this. I also don't mind sitting out certain rides. It's all about the kiddos experience not mine I just want to be there to see them enjoy Disney :)
We just went to WDW in November when I was 32-33 weeks pregnant. We had booked the trip a couple of months before I got pregnant (just pointing out that I wouldn't have intentionally chosen to go at that time). I had a pretty smooth pregnancy and the trip went better than I was expecting. We have a 3 year old as well so our days are pretty relaxed to begin with. We would start our days early but always went back to the room for a nap in the afternoon and I was never up later than 10:30 or so. I made sure to drink lots and rested when I needed to. I went on all of the rides I normally go on (I am not a fan of roller coasters or thrill rides) except for the Safari. It probably would have been fine but Disney does suggest that pregnant women skip it so I did...not worth the risk for me. I should also add that I am Canadian so I was a bit paranoid about going into labour early outside of my own country. We had insurance but I was afraid there'd be some loophole and we'd be left with some insane hospital bill. Anyway, I think it is definitely doable.

Anyone has a good recommendation for comfy pregnancy clothes and shoes for the parks?

bumping! Just found out that I am early expecting and will be 30 weeks when our trip is planned!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter