Pregnancy Board!!

hello all! I've been stalking for awhile now, finally have the energy to post. I'm a 34.6 weeks along and due 6/30 with a DD! This pregnancy has been much anticipated as it has taken us six years to reach this point! Unfortunately, it has not been the pregnancy I expected it to be. I was diagnosed with Hyperemesis very early on (vomiting began at the exact four week mark). I have been hospitalized nine times and am currently on bedrest with a PICC (long term IV) in place in which I recieve IV nutrition (TPN) and fluids everyday at home. While they are allowing me to gain weight, I only at yesterday's OB appt managed to make it back to my prepregnancy weight, I still throw up all food that I eat everyday dispite prescription medications to stop the vomiting. Enough about me, :rotfl: just wanted to check in and see how all the other moms were doing. :goodvibes

Wow hun, that is serious momma willpower! You are almost there, not much time to go and you will have your wonderful daughter in your arms. You give me so much strength hearing your story and what you have gone through! Absolutely awesome!!! :bitelip:

Wow hun, that is serious momma willpower! You are almost there, not much time to go and you will have your wonderful daughter in your arms. You give me so much strength hearing your story and what you have gone through! Absolutely awesome!!! :bitelip:

Thank you for the kind words! That was sadly the cliffnotes version of my pregnancy, didn't wanna scare anyone! :rotfl: I remind myself each day that we are blessed enough to be pregnant and that this journey is for a reason. Actually try to cherish each day because this will be my last pregnancy and while it hasn't been the joyous one I had expected, the end result will still be a beautiful blessing. :cloud9:

DW and I found out two weeks ago that we are expecting. Don't know the due date yet, however. Mostly due to the fact that this past Wednesday, we found out it could possibly be twins! :scared1:

DW is scheduled for another ultrasound next week. I believe she's about 6 weeks along right now...

It's official. We heard both heartbeats today. Our due date is Jan. 19, but since they're twins, I'm guessing it'll be a December arrival...

It's official. We heard both heartbeats today. Our due date is Jan. 19, but since they're twins, I'm guessing it'll be a December arrival...

Congratulations! Yes twins typically come earlier, but don't let that fool you - the vast majority of twins I know are very stubborn and decided to wait until 41 weeks to be born (at 2#s bigger than either of my first singleton babes!). :rotfl:

One of the big things moms of twins who cooked longer have in common is drinking lots and lots of water. INstead of 8 - 8 oz glasses a day make it 8 - 16 oz glasses of water a day! Your DW will feel like she's floating at first, but her body needs that fluid to support the extra blood volume for twins lol

So the talk has started.

Since our newest baby turned 1, I've been thinking I'm not quite done yet. However DH was. But now we have 6 friends and family members expecting and he asked if I was still thinking about 1 more.

SOOooo we're actually talking about 1 more. Though it'll be a while we're planning a BIG trip in Sept 2013 (several families celebrating all our second kiddos turning 5) and I really don't want anything to interfere with that trip. I don't want to be PG (it was too rough last time) and I don't want a baby under 6 mos old with us. Not to mention I'd like to wean our current baby first :lmao:

I know Disney with a small baby is doable and I know we wouldn't miss much, but I also know I'm a grump for the first 6 mos PP :scared1: and don't want to be a grump on our BIG trip! :laughing:

Congratulations!! I'm 36 weeks pregnant with twin girls right now... it's DEFINITELY been a journey, lol.

On the upside, I was afraid that after we had baby #2, I'd have a hard time accepting the fact that we were done having babies and I'd never experience pregnancy, labor, etc. again. Heck, after experiencing pregnancy with twins, DH & I are throwing a party to celebrate his vasectomy! :rotfl:

The majority of twins are born between 36-38 weeks... I don't know of any OB's that will let a twin mom go past 39 weeks & there's a couple that I know of that schedule c-sections for 36 weeks (not a practice I agree with & I'm glad my OBs are very "go with the flow"). So perhaps you'll have a Christmas/New Years baby. My DD was born on December 31 and aside from an over-crowded hospital, lol, thus far it's been a fun birthday to have!

Be prepared for helping DW out a LOT. I didn't realize how laid out I was going to be for so much of this pregnancy... I do what I can but between the anemia, hard time breathing thanks to squished lungs, tummy pain & issues thanks to squished stomach/intestines, back pain & the weight restrictions on what I was allowed to lift, DH had to pick up the slack BIG TIME. He does so much around the house now for me and does so much of the parenting whenever he's home and he hasn't complained at all. He's been a total lifesaver and I wouldn't have been able to make it through this pregnancy without him!

GL! :goodvibes

Congratulations!! I'm 36 weeks pregnant with twin girls right now... it's DEFINITELY been a journey, lol.

On the upside, I was afraid that after we had baby #2, I'd have a hard time accepting the fact that we were done having babies and I'd never experience pregnancy, labor, etc. again. Heck, after experiencing pregnancy with twins, DH & I are throwing a party to celebrate his vasectomy! :rotfl:

The majority of twins are born between 36-38 weeks... I don't know of any OB's that will let a twin mom go past 39 weeks & there's a couple that I know of that schedule c-sections for 36 weeks (not a practice I agree with & I'm glad my OBs are very "go with the flow"). So perhaps you'll have a Christmas/New Years baby. My DD was born on December 31 and aside from an over-crowded hospital, lol, thus far it's been a fun birthday to have!

Be prepared for helping DW out a LOT. I didn't realize how laid out I was going to be for so much of this pregnancy... I do what I can but between the anemia, hard time breathing thanks to squished lungs, tummy pain & issues thanks to squished stomach/intestines, back pain & the weight restrictions on what I was allowed to lift, DH had to pick up the slack BIG TIME. He does so much around the house now for me and does so much of the parenting whenever he's home and he hasn't complained at all. He's been a total lifesaver and I wouldn't have been able to make it through this pregnancy without him!

GL! :goodvibes

Thanks! I'm doing my best helping DW. She's about 8 weeks now, and keeps saying she's more tired every day. Unfortunately, I pretty much have 12-hour days everyday for work, so I don't get to be at home and help as much as I'd like...

We are in the home stretch! 2 weeks and counting :woohoo: We had our final ultrasound on Monday and little man was weighing in at 6lbs. 12oz. :rotfl: that was the exact birth weight of my first son! We are in the final preps for his arrival and hoping that he makes an early appearance! Hope all you DIS mommies are doing well :)

We are in the home stretch! 2 weeks and counting :woohoo: We had our final ultrasound on Monday and little man was weighing in at 6lbs. 12oz. :rotfl: that was the exact birth weight of my first son! We are in the final preps for his arrival and hoping that he makes an early appearance! Hope all you DIS mommies are doing well :)

How exciting! Good Luck and hopefully your little prince will arrive healthy & happy! (& early for your sake lol) This last few weeks of waiting has been the hardest part for me lol So close, yet so far away. I have about 7 wks to go. Our last DR appointment went well, baby Macie was up to 3 lbs 3 oz and that was a couple of weeks ago. Since the DR is on vacation we don't go again until next Thursday. She finally got in a better position, head down & face down instead of transverse but she rolls around a lot so I'm curious to see what position she will be in next. :goodvibes

I'm super tired again but I started taking my vitamin in the morning instead of at night hoping that will help, I'm not really sure that it has but I figured I would give it a shot. When it's cool enough I've also tried taking naps in the car at lunch. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I go into work at 9am and by 1030-11 I am exhausted! I've also been feeling very anxious, restless and stressed while at work. Unfortunately working half days or from home won't work for my situation so I'm trying to find other alternatives.

We had our baby shower and well, it didn't turn out very well at all. Out of all of my friends not one showed up to celebrate. I had a few that I knew wouldn't be able to come due to work obligations or on vacations that were planned already in advance. What really hurt the most was the person I considered to be my best friend didn't show up either. My fiance was very angry and they had words so now they don't like each other. So that has me a little upset as well. With this being my first child I would have thought people would show up and give their support, it wasn't so much about the gifts but more about the celebrating. What I have found out is the dis friends I have made over the years have been a great support over the last few weeks. I am so glad that I do have friends even though they may not live near me that do really care. Sorry to vent, but I just wanted to let everyone know just how great and caring the people we meet here on disboards are, the friends I have made here on the singles trips (before I was in a relationship) will obviously outlast the ones I have here at home. I am very thankful for that :love:

At my 37 week appt on Monday, the OB said enough is enough and they are inducing me Sunday night. Saturday is our 38 week mark so I'm hoping it all goes well. Lord knows this pregnancy has been a difficult one. The OB feels we have reached the point where the risk to me is outweighing the baby so that was how it was decided. Now just trying to prepare everything at home for our daughter's early arrival!

hello all! I've been stalking for awhile now, finally have the energy to post. I'm a 34.6 weeks along and due 6/30 with a DD! This pregnancy has been much anticipated as it has taken us six years to reach this point! Unfortunately, it has not been the pregnancy I expected it to be. I was diagnosed with Hyperemesis very early on (vomiting began at the exact four week mark). I have been hospitalized nine times and am currently on bedrest with a PICC (long term IV) in place in which I recieve IV nutrition (TPN) and fluids everyday at home. While they are allowing me to gain weight, I only at yesterday's OB appt managed to make it back to my prepregnancy weight, I still throw up all food that I eat everyday dispite prescription medications to stop the vomiting. Enough about me, :rotfl: just wanted to check in and see how all the other moms were doing. :goodvibes

At my 37 week appt on Monday, the OB said enough is enough and they are inducing me Sunday night. Saturday is our 38 week mark so I'm hoping it all goes well. Lord knows this pregnancy has been a difficult one. The OB feels we have reached the point where the risk to me is outweighing the baby so that was how it was decided. Now just trying to prepare everything at home for our daughter's early arrival!

:hug: Hugs to you, I hope everything goes as smooth as it can for you. I will be sending positive thoughts your way!

Hi there.

Just wanted to add that I'm another hyperemesis mom... I'm currently 8 weeks and I've been to the hospital four times, two ER visits and two 3-day visits apiece. It's been fun, let me tell ya. =/ Am I toooootally crazy for having planned a trip to the World for late Sept/early Oct? It's the only thing keeping me going right now between all those IV pokes and all. We booked the Poly so the monorail would be easier to deal with and are planning to take it easier. But since we moved away from FL last year where the kids and I went at least a couple times a month as passholders, we have all (minus DH..) been fiending for it something awful! I tend to get PTL with my late pregnancies and definitely the hyperemesis in the first parts, so maybe... MAYBE I'll get a little window in the second tri to enjoy DW during. Here's to hoping!!

Hi there.

Just wanted to add that I'm another hyperemesis mom... I'm currently 8 weeks and I've been to the hospital four times, two ER visits and two 3-day visits apiece. It's been fun, let me tell ya. =/ Am I toooootally crazy for having planned a trip to the World for late Sept/early Oct? It's the only thing keeping me going right now between all those IV pokes and all. We booked the Poly so the monorail would be easier to deal with and are planning to take it easier. But since we moved away from FL last year where the kids and I went at least a couple times a month as passholders, we have all (minus DH..) been fiending for it something awful! I tend to get PTL with my late pregnancies and definitely the hyperemesis in the first parts, so maybe... MAYBE I'll get a little window in the second tri to enjoy DW during. Here's to hoping!!

Congratulations!

I can feel your pain - My 3rd was so much better than my 1st 2 - acupuncture worked wonders!! Anyhow - I went when I was about 20 weeks with my third, we weren't on the monorail line - it should help a lot. There was a lot to do and I say enjoy yourself, but plan lots of rest during the day - we'd planned on it, but then didn't take as many breaks as I'd have liked and payed for it!!

Well, Friday is it (Hopefully) for Baby Time!! :love: Went to the Doctor's yesterday and I am 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. I sure am hoping that labor starts by then. I really haven't been experiencing contractions, though my stomach has been contracting painlessly.. :confused3 anyone ever experience this? :confused: The nerves are starting to kick in about delivering again so I am really praying that it happens soon, so I can stop stressing about it. :goodvibes Also, I am dreading the fact that I won't be putting my little boy to bed for 2 whole nights while I am at the hospital :sad1:

Hi, everyone! Is it too late to join? My due date is tomorrow! :rotfl2: I just found this thread.

This is our first baby, and it's a girl. It's nice to see other DISer's having babies around the same time! As of now I've not made much progress, so I'm thinking this little girl isn't going anywhere until sometime in July.

Good luck to everyone!

Well I am no longer a member of the pregnancy board :) my 2nd son arrived on 7/6/12 ( 1 week late) weighing in at 8 lbs 4 oz. Big brother is completely in love with him ( so is mommy and daddy :lovestruc ) We can't wait to take our boys to Disney world in October!!! This will be ds#1's 4th time and obviously ds#2's 1st. Hope all the mommies are doing well, especially if your in another heat wave like us.

Currently 22 weeks 4 days and due November 17th, but baby will come out whenever they feel like it if you know what I mean.
First post, will return :worship:

Hello I'm 23 weeks and due nov 14th!! This is our second first was a girl this time we r having a boy. We took our daughter to Disney for the first time right after her first birthday. We r going back next September with both kids and r going to try and do every other year from now on!! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter