Pre-WDW diet/exercise plans?

walkdmc

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I have 38 days to lose 50 pounds, just in time for our check-in at BLT. What do you recommend?

Or, please just share how you get in WDW walking marathon shape?

Is there a group that specifically uses WDW vacations as weight loss target? I keep seeing this DIS board weight loss avatar.

TIA!

I recommend you consult your doctor as that is an unhealthy amount of weight to lose in that time frame.

Love your post. I'll be interested to see if anyone has a weight loss plan that fits your needs. LOL.

For myself, I'm just counting calories (restricting to 1,000 / day) and walking 3+ miles each day.

Since the 1st of the year I've managed to lose 30 lbs!!! That includes a week in Vegas and another family function (so two weeks of detour) from the plan.

I think the important thing is to try to do something that you can stick with over the long run. Good luck!

I agree with PirateGirl!

But if you want some Disney help losing some of that weight, go to the WISH boards and join us in the Biggest Loser Challenge. The current one ends the end of next week, but another one starts the following week. Many of us do use Disney as a goal for weight loss. You can join anytime. We discuss our weight loss goals, journey, trials and tribulations. It's a great group of people, men and women, who help each other.

Check us out!

Have to REALLY agree with the posts about your weight-loss-to-time ratio....I don't think that's realistic, and definitely not healthy. 1-2 pounds per week is considered a good pace.

But, by way of encouragement, I would also agree with the suggestion to go to the W.I.S.H. forum here on the DIS. GREAT people there, who are there to share in challenges, good days, bad days, and everything in between. I found it VERY helpful to have a place where I was held accountable (I was in the most recent Biggest Loser Challenge).

As far as something that "works," the only thing that will help in the long term is to make a life-style change. "Diets" don't work, because they are meant to be short-term and once you go off them, back comes the weight. Make healthy eating choices, make conscious eating choices (as in, stop when you start to feel full, not when you are feeling stuffed!...and don't eat "mindlessly" in front of the tv...those are two biggies!). And in addition to this, find an exercise that you enjoy, and stick with it. I chose running. I started small; I found a 2-mile route and began walking it. Then I would start out running, run as much as I could, and walk when I needed to. I just added to that each day and now I run the entire 2 miles and am actually looking now at increasing my distance to keep up the physical challenge! Starting any exercise is HARD!...the key is to stick with it and do it even if you don't feel like it!!!

Best of luck to you and I do hope you'll check out the W.I.S.H. forums!

I climb 120 flights of steps every day during the week.

I counted once. I work in a control room that is 2 large flights of steps above the manufacturing floor (it would be more like 3 flights compared to normal steps in a home) and my equipment is on another skid that is 1 flight of stairs (again, more like 1.5 compared to home.) I am up and down between the equipment and the control room all day long.

Between running up and down these stairs, I walk all over the plant floor for 8-10 hours in heavy steel toe boots. Disney will be a piece of cake.

Mmmmm....piece of cake...

Thanks! I will check out the WISHES board!

you want to lose 50 lbs in about a month? And not be in a coma from the massive heart attack you'll give yourself? :rotfl:

How about just starting to work out and eat healthy? The weight will come off.

I have 38 days to lose 50 pounds, just in time for our check-in at BLT. What do you recommend?

TIA!

A steady diet of Red Bull, Crystal meth, 5 hour energy and NO Xplode???

At this point, you basically have 2 options.

1- You can lose some weight by healthy methods, but more importantly change your eating habits and lifestyle for long term success.

2- Try something completey unsafe to try and hit an unrealistic goal with very little chance of actually keeping the weight off, assuming it doesn't kill or seriously harm you while trying.

Basically, forget about Atkins, Sugar Busters, and all the other fad diets. Weight loss and healthy living is simple...calories taken in vs calories burned. In short, eat fewer calories and exercise more.

Eat a healthy breakfast every day. Never eat until your full and never wait until your hungry to eat. Snack on fresh fruit and veggies throughout the day. And use high protein snacks as meal fillers (nuts, tunefish, boiled egss, whey proten shakes etc).

The hardest part is deciding your going to do it, and sticking to it.

I recommend you consult your doctor as that is an unhealthy amount of weight to lose in that time frame.

Agree!

I always try to shed a some weight prior to a trip. Generally if I'm not "bad" and continue my normal DAILY excercise and eating healty I can drop 1/2 pound a week.

If you are serious about that ratio, I would suggest you change your check in date, as this is an unrealistic expectation.

Good luck!

50 lbs in ONE YEAR is realistic. It took be around 4 years to lose 50 lbs, but I think my body did alot of that naturally through puberty/adolescence.

But the biggest thing I did was eat when I was hungry and stopped when I was full. Did you know it takes 20 minutes for your body to register that you feel full? Do you know how many people stuff 1000 calories down in under 10 minutes? When they might've only needed half of the food they actually ate to feel full? So slowing down your eating pace will allow you to feel full on less food.

Other than that, just get busy! Walk, clean a lot around the house, go to the gym, swim. Since you're going to Disney, walking (in shoes you're thinking about taking) would be a good choice, since you'll be walking a BUNCH in Disney. At least I have heard this :P

But good luck! As others have said, it's a lifestyle change that will keep it off, not quick fixes. =]

Wow, I became a Mouseketeer! I didn't even know it! Where's the confetti?

Where can I get NO xplode?

51f3BzL%2BvBL._AA300_PIbundle-1,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg

Just take about 36 scoops just before you go out for a 5 hour run. You should be okay!!

:woohoo:

Try the alli diet! You lose more weight that way...I would just start making small changes..like eating breakfast in the morning ...eating dinner earlier etc. I STILL cant eat breakfast in the morning it sucks!

I went to a doctor a bit ago to ask for his help in a unrealistic diet plan.

his response- if there was a magic pill, drink or even a wand to make people lose weight--dont you think we would be seeing a ton of skinny people walking the streets.

Ok- I get it. anyways- he showed me www.mydailyplate.com so I can trak my calorie intake. For the first week I was astonished at the amount of calories i was mindless consuming.

you cant get off 50 some pounds in a month-- sorry- im sure it took longer then that to get it on there

to the poster- can you include the link to the biggest loser club?

I've moved this thread to the W.I.S.H. (We're Inspired to Stay Healthy) board. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter