Pre-trip report - in planning since 2012!

joolz1910

<font color=green>I would have gone down to recept
Just registering my intention to do a pre-trippie as it is 9 months before we go!

You went to WDW the day I came back from my first trip in 2012. Looking forward to hearing all about your plans for this trip.

You went to WDW the day I came back from my first trip in 2012. Looking forward to hearing all about your plans for this trip.

Really? Wow :)
I have been planning since we came back on 12th Nov 2012. I have discovered that August is considerably more expensive...

:thumbsup2Hi everyone. Last time I did a pre-trippie, I included a breakdown of all of the costs which people seemed to find helpful so I will do that again.

Introduction
There are 5 of us: Me (44) teacher, cake-maker and Disneyholic.:coffee: DH (45) pirate:and 3 DD's - Olivia (14) Jessica (10) and Emilia (7).princess:princess:princess:

This was the us in 2012

We had an AMAZING holiday in 2012, staying at OKW and experiencing both the Halloween Party and The Christmas Party. I vowed to go back and started saving and planning as soon as we returned. Unfortunately, working in a school, I am tied to school holidays so the next holiday would need to be in August. :scared:

This is what I have booked so far:

Virgin flights, Manchester to MCO 16th August - 30th August £4177 This has now reduced to £4035 as I received the tax back for 2 of the kids :) :thumbsup2
18th -30th Aug, OKW 1 bed, including 14 day Ultimates and free dining and $200 giftcard £4048
Hard Rock Hotel 16th-18th, Deluxe Room £412 :thumbsup2

To do:
Universal Studios tickets £577 through Florida Tix :thumbsup2
Memory Maker £115
Transfers from airport to HRH Mears Luxury SUV £45
2 passport renewals £120 :thumbsup2
Estas £47.50 :thumbsup2
Insurance with Nationwide - upgraded current account to include insurance :thumbsup2
ADRs! All booked! :thumbsup2
BBB All booked! :thumbsup2
Premier Inn pre-flight/2 rooms £70 :thumbsup2
API and Special Assistance - Phoned Special Assistance and requested bulkhead seats for one adult and one child (Olivia) Just keeping my fingers crossed now as won't know until check-in. Completed API, even ordering myself a veggie meal :) :thumbsup2

The free dining was a huge bonus for us in 2012 and we are looking forward to booking our ADRs in February. Our list includes:

Raglan Road dinner
'Ohana breakfast and dinner
Chef Mickey dinner
Crystal Palace breakfast
Be Our Guest dinner
Yak and Yet or Rainforest Café (AK) dinner
Saana dinner
Paradiso 37 dinner
CRT or Akershus dinner

I will update this page as I go :):thumbsup2

Last edited:
Just subscribed to Touring Plans with a 20% discount for $10. The planning will really begin after Christmas as I will need to start narrowing down ADRs in time for 180 days out!

Your plans look great!
We went back for our second trip in April this year and stayed one night at Universal for the FOLP. It was brilliant. You will have an amazing time there.

Such a shame you aren't going in October again, i'd have loved to seen what costumes you picked as 2012's were so brilliant.

Your plans look great!
We went back for our second trip in April this year and stayed one night at Universal for the FOLP. It was brilliant. You will have an amazing time there.

I can't wait! Still got to purchase tickets so it will be an expensive couple of days but I am a Potter geek, so really excited.

Such a shame you aren't going in October again, i'd have loved to seen what costumes you picked as 2012's were so brilliant.

Being a teacher, I can't get two weeks in October :( It would be my first choice of time to go. I am 50 in October 2020, so I am seriously considering asking for unpaid leave so I can go again!

Food, Glorious Food!

My ADR plans...the story so far:

19th Aug Wednesday
Magic Kingdom Crystal Palace breakfast 8.15am / Be our Guest late lunch

20th Aug Thursday
Typhoon Lagoon and Hollywood Studios CS at Sunshine Seasons

21st Aug Friday 'Princess day'
Magic Kingdom BBB at MK 8.50am. Bf at CRT 10.15am

22nd Aug Saturday
Animal Kingdom Rainforest Café dinner 5.30pm / CS at Yak and Yeti

23rd Aug Sunday
Rest day and DTD in evening Raglan Road dinner 5.30pm

24th Aug Monday
Hollywood Studios Lunch at Hollywood and Vine 1pm Dinner at Be our Guest 6.55pm

25th Aug Tuesday
Epcot Dinner at Beaches and Cream 5.20pm/ CS at Sunshine Seasons

26th Aug Wednesday
Blizzard Beach Be our Guest dinner 5.05pm

27th Aug Thursday
Magic Kingdom Late dinner at 'Ohana 8pm

28th Aug Friday
Animal Kingdom Lunch at Sanaa 2pm

29th Aug Saturday
Magic Kingdom Chef Mickey breakfast 10.15am

30th Aug Sunday
Home B/f at WPE

Last edited:
I have decided to swap my Chef Mikey dinner to a breakfast, so will need to tweak my ADRs ahead of Feb 19th.

I have also decided to set out a plan:

Feb
ADRs and BBB?
Passports (renewal)

March
Memory Maker

April
Estas

May
Universal Tickets and Transfers

June
Magic Bands

Insurance is sorted through Nationwide.

It's coming along nicely Joolz ;).

It's been an expensive few months - you think when you've booked the accom and flights that that's it. But it's not! Then there are tickets to buy and boy are they expensive!

Fortunately I saw Elise's tip off about Memory Maker increasing in December so I bought that - so can cross that one off my list. We've just bought DC tickets as I was getting worried about the date selling out as we want to go on a Saturday in August and quite a few are full now (it's on the credit card though so need to pay off asap!). Just about saved the money for Universal tickets, then have transport - both taxis and car hire to sort out :faint:! - Have you decided who you are using for taxis?

Still deliberating about a Wishes cruise :rolleyes2. Just can't decide if it's worth it for us as to pay for 6 is quite a bit and I'm sure we'll see the fireworks better/up closer some other time!? :confused3.

Your ADR plans look great btw :goodvibes Quite a few there we'd like to try too.

Btw did you ever decide what to do about your flights and extending by a few days with the later start back at school?

Hi
I've just started reading your report and i noticed that you went oct/nov last time and they are the dates I am going this year. I was wondering if you did a trip report.
Thanks Angie

Hi
I've just started reading your report and i noticed that you went oct/nov last time and they are the dates I am going this year. I was wondering if you did a trip report.
Thanks Angie

Angie - Joolz obviously hasn't seen this as I'm sure she'd reply. If you look at her signature and click on the 'whole new world' link, it will take you to her TR - it's brilliant btw :thumbsup2.

Angie - Joolz obviously hasn't seen this as I'm sure she'd reply. If you look at her signature and click on the 'whole new world' link, it will take you to her TR - it's brilliant btw :thumbsup2.

Thanks hun x I haven't decided on who to book transfers with yet, just want the cheapest! Let me know if you find someone recommended/reasonable. I wish I had seen Elise's note about Memory Maker :( will get that sorted soon. Just hoping that we can get Universal tickets soon as that is the next big outlay. Can't believe it's nearly 6 months until we go!!:cool1:

Thanks I will take a look.

Sorry hun, didn't check my report for a while. Pm me if you have any questions about Oct/Nov - loved loved loved that time of year. :thumbsup2

Just reading through your PTR. I think our trip is going to be very similar to yours :goodvibes I'm looking forward to seeing how your plans evolve.

Jo

I made my ADRs today. It was pretty tricky getting BoG as the day we wanted was fully booked until 9.25pm. The main ones I wanted were CRT and CP breakfast and we got those at the times we wanted. I have updated my ADR post with the times we have reserved.

Just reading through your PTR. I think our trip is going to be very similar to yours :goodvibes I'm looking forward to seeing how your plans evolve.

Jo

Hey Jo, our trips will be very similar. Are you doing a PTR? It helps me to keep track of things and is an outlet for my obsessive planning and excitement ;)

Hi just joining in on your pre-trip! We are going for the 5th time in June and are incredibly excited so I thought it was about time I started getting involved in the excitement of other people's trips too. Your ADR plans sound great, we did Crystal Palace breakfast and Be Our Guest Dinner last October and both were fantastic! We're more breakfast people though so will probably be sticking to breakfast ADR's this time. Can't wait to hear more about your plans!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter