Pre-trip report - in planning since 2012!

Yes I do plan to do a PTR. I've nearly started a couple of times but other things have come up - it should be on the way very soon. :)

A few more jobs ticked off the list: Passports renewed and ESTAs applied for. Next on the list is to purchase Memory Maker.

Memory Maker purchased :)
Looking forward to all those photos!

Joining in :) Our trip overlaps with yours for a bit. We arrive Aug 23rd :) I really need to get going on a PTR, it might give me the encouragement I need to get back in planning mode :goodvibes

OKW and flights paid in full!
Just need a few hundred dollars for bits and pieces/tips etc. I intend to put almost everything on my credit card when we are there. I don't think we will spend very much as I don't like shopping and we have the free DDP at WDW.

Just caught up. Really looking forward to your trip report. We'll be there sometime next year, our 1st having to think about school holidays

I'm interested in why you chose Virgin for your flights. I've been on numerous sites and BA are coming up so much cheaper at the mo. Did you book 11 months out? I'm wondering if that's the trick

Just caught up. Really looking forward to your trip report. We'll be there sometime next year, our 1st having to think about school holidays

I'm interested in why you chose Virgin for your flights. I've been on numerous sites and BA are coming up so much cheaper at the mo. Did you book 11 months out? I'm wondering if that's the trick

Hi there,
There wasn't much in it this year. I booked the flights as soon as the fly-drive prices were released and have seen them climb ever since. Admittedly, I haven't looked in recent months but I saw a price that I was willing to pay and booked!

Well, I did my Fast-pass + reservations! I didn't even start until 7.30 am (call myself a planner?) but it all went very smoothly. FYI, this is what I got: Peter Pan, IASW, BTM, Enchanted Tales with Belle, 7 Dwarfs, Aladdin's Carpet Ride, Kilimanjaro Safari, Kali River Rapids, Expedition Everest, Tower of Terror, Toy Story Mania, Frozen sing-along, Turtle Talk, Nemo, Soarin', Space Mountain, BTM, Splash Mountain, Meet Anna and Elsa, Haunted Mansion, EE, Nemo show, Lion King show, Dumbo, Meet Ariel, Meet Rapunzel.

I also checked in for OKW online. I selected an upper floor room in the Turtle Pond area. I also added a credit card and pin number for purchases.

Oh, and I had forgotten to book ME for the return journey. Glad to report that I have now done that.

50 days!!!!

Just ordered my dollars! Only £200 worth as I intend to charge most things to my credit card and will also have a $200 gift card :)
Getting scarily close now.

Not long now. Looking forward to hearing about the crowd levels, as this will be the first time we've gone in school holiday times.

Not long now. Looking forward to hearing about the crowd levels, as this will be the first time we've gone in school holiday times.

I am hoping it will be OK as most people have said that the US schools go back on 24th, so it should be getting quieter. Fastpass + should also help, in theory.

I am itching to start packing...

Great Pre-trip report, really enjoyed reading it. We have 2 weeks to go so share your excitement. I have the suitcases already laid out with some of those 'essential' holiday items already lying in the suitcases ready.

Have a great trip! How can you not!

I just had to buy suitcases. How the hell did I forget those??

For some reason, we always have to buy an extra suitcase each trip home. You'd think we'd have learnt by now

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!