Pre-paid photos offered again!

vmb123

Disney Mom
Wondering if anyone has yet taken advantage of the pre-paid photo packages that they are once again offering....I LOVED the option to pay before we left....wondering if is as good as a few years ago...:cool1:

It is offered in the stateroom shopping page on disney cruise line site. Bring up your reservation and then click on in room gifts (or some thing like that) It is all the way at the bottom of the list of gifts, alcohol, celebrations, babies, formalwear and then the link to the other site which handles the pre-purchases. Enjoy your cruise!

On the DCL site under the in room gifts link is "My Cruise Photos". When you click on this, you are taken off site to http://www.mycruisephotos.com/DCL/?utm_source=GiftsBarcelona&utm_medium=Disney&utm_campaign=GiftsBarcelona

Once there you must put in your ship and sail date, and then you have these choices:'

TAKE HOME ALL OF YOUR PHOTO PRINTS FOR ONE PRICE
$349.95

BUY GET THE PICTURE! AND A PHOTOBOOK AND GET A FREE PHOTO DISC
$149.95
Exclusive online offer

BUY GET THE PICTURE! ONLINE AND GET A FREE AUTOGRAPHED CHARACTER PHOTO
10 digital photos $149.95
20 digital photos $249.95
All digital photos $349.96
All digital photos + prints $399.95

So, it looks like individual photo options are not available pre-cruise. I hope they have them onboard.

I just can't justify $350 for photos I may not even want. Who knows. I may end up regretting it, but I will probably just buy one or two, and depend on my own camera or my sister's for the rest.

On the DCL site under the in room gifts link is "My Cruise Photos". When you click on this, you are taken off site to http://www.mycruisephotos.com/DCL/?utm_source=GiftsBarcelona&utm_medium=Disney&utm_campaign=GiftsBarcelona

Once there you must put in your ship and sail date, and then you have these choices for a Fantasy 7 night cruise:

$349.95

$149.95
Exclusive online offer

10 digital photos $149.95
20 digital photos $249.95
All digital photos $349.96
All digital photos + prints $399.95

So, it looks like individual photo options are not available pre-cruise. I hope they have them onboard.

Adding to this:

For a Dream 3 & 4 night cruises:
$229.95

$129.95
Exclusive online offer

10 digital photos - $149.95
15 digital photos - $199.95
All digital photos - $229.95
All digital photos + prints $279.95

For a Wonder & Magic 7 night - the same as the first post, but no photobook option.

I just can't justify $350 for photos I may not even want. Who knows. I may end up regretting it, but I will probably just buy one or two, and depend on my own camera or my sister's for the rest.

I am feeling the same way. I like the looks of the photo book but I'm not sure I will have all the kids together enough to fill it up. Plus we have two rooms so I'm not sure how that would work with adding pictures to the book.

Oh well...my decision was made for me anyway. We are too close to the cruise to pre-order (first cruise listed was the one after ours).

I guess I will see what happens when we get on the ship. I'm assuming you can still buy the photo book on the ship, but you just won't get the photo CD (if that is the pre-order special).

Adding to this:

For a Dream 3 & 4 night cruises:
$229.95

$129.95
Exclusive online offer

10 digital photos - $149.95
15 digital photos - $199.95

For a Wonder & Magic 7 night - the same as the first post, but no photobook option.

This sounds outrageously expensive.I'm sure there are plenty of nice people on board who will take a picture of your family, you take one of theirs, etc. Why is a professional photographer necessary? Are they on all the ships? Are they pushy?

This sounds outrageously expensive.I'm sure there are plenty of nice people on board who will take a picture of your family, you take one of theirs, etc. Why is a professional photographer necessary? Are they on all the ships? Are they pushy?

As the name suggests, the professional photographers are professionals. They have (possibly) better quality photo processes and skill that the guy you grab walking by might not have.

Yes, Shutters (the photography service) is on all the ships. No, they are not pushy.
Most of the photo locations are just that - a specific area that you must go to in order to have your photo taken. There are roving photographers in the MDRs, but, again, they might just make eye contact with you, indicating (by holding up their camera) "would you like your photo taken?". All you have to do is say "no" if you aren't interested. Or not even make eye contact with them when you see them coming.

They weren't pushy for us. In fact the photographer at the character appearances always has an assistant who will take the exact same picture with your camera if you supply them with one. The only problem I ran into was that they have flashes and special lighting that works with their cameras a lot of the time so your shot isn't "perfect" but it was good enough for us. I just carried my DSLR in my backpack the whole time.

A little off topic but has anybody purchased the photo book ? What is it like? How many pics do you get?

If I recall, we are getting the prints for free if you pre-order the CD. On board you you have to pay for both, correct?

If I recall, we are getting the prints for free if you pre-order the CD. On board you you have to pay for both, correct?

No, you can purchase the CD alone, or with prints for different costs:

It says a lot about the cost of race photos that these (for multi-day event) seem like a bargain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter