Prayers for a stranger

connie1042

DIS Veteran
Today we lost a 7th grade girl to suicide. I really do not know any details, but they are not important anyway. I do know it was caused by bullying. We lost a child, but it was a accident. I can't even image having one of my children commit suicide. She was a cute little girl, on the basketball team, had a lot of friends. Please say a prayer for our town and this family, that everyone makes it through this.

My thoughts and prayers are with her family and with all who have been affected by this terrible tragedy. It's heartbreaking.

I will be praying for strength, hope, and comfort for the family, her friends and her teammates. I am so sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry to hear that another child took her own life due to bullying. May God comfort her family, and provide strength to her friends and community as they cope through this most difficult time.

Thinking of you all. How sad and horrifying. I really want serious penalities for bullying, even for young kids, it's not okay. :sad2:

What a horrific epidemic this has become. My thoughts & prayers are with this poor girl's family, and for all those in the community affected by this tragedy.

Sayhello

The whole Byron 7th and 8th grade met today to discuss this tragic little girls story (we are the town next to Kasson). Having a 6th grader who has dealt with some bullying, my heart is breaking for her and her family. Shame on those kids who bullied her, they will have to live with this forever as well.

This makes me so upset!! I mean as an adult I have days that are hard and seems like they will never be better and they are a struggle, but bullying... man I wouldn't be able to handle that on a good say!! These poor kids!! Oh how I hurt to hear this stuff!! Prayers to the family and friends of this child :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: There are no words!!

I was just informed by our school that a 9th grade girl committed suicide last night. It's a small school so everyone knows everyone. My daughter was a classmate with her.

This is so tragic! So needless! The ones left behind seem to always blame themselves for failing to "see it coming". I truly hope these children's parents can get past that and just grieve. If blame is to be leveled, it is surely on those who did the bullying. I'm praying that these suicides have an impact on those bullies so that they don't continue to behave that way. My heart goes out to the families, schoolmates, and towns of these poor children who felt there was but one way out of their pain. God rest them!

This is so tragic! So needless! The ones left behind seem to always blame themselves for failing to "see it coming". I truly hope these children's parents can get past that and just grieve. If blame is to be leveled, it is surely on those who did the bullying. I'm praying that these suicides have an impact on those bullies so that they don't continue to behave that way. My heart goes out to the families, schoolmates, and towns of these poor children who felt there was but one way out of their pain. God rest them!

This one might be boy related.

I'm not a parent and I don't profess to know anything about raising kids, but this hurts to my core.

I think it's time that we add something to these anti-bullying campaigns and that's the message that suicide is NOT the answer.

The fact that these kids see no other way out is horrific.

We have to teach kids acceptance of black and white and hispanic and asian and gay and lesbian and differently abled and republican and democrat....I could go on, but you get the idea.

Looking back.....I realize I was bullied.

I was a very tall, unathletic, fat, gay kid. Three strikes!

My folks helped me through, but I wasn't bombarded 24 hours a day with texts and Facebook and twitter and 24 hour news telling me that other kids are killing themselves over stuff like this.

We have to teach kids to accept what is different and we have to start with ourselves.

To those families facing such horrible losses....you have my prayers, my sympathy and my sorrow.

No kid should die because of the actions of theirs peers.

If you think you might be the parent of a bully......get them some help, because there is a good chance they are hurting too.

Great post Kevin. You don't need to be a parent to know what's right and what's wrong. You only need be a good human being.

This will be rough tonight at home because we are all going to have to sit down and discuss it. My daughters have been sheltered from death (through good luck), so this will be a shock to them. I'm not sure what to say yet.

I cannot even fathom what the parents are going through.

And about the bullying aspect. I'm on the school board at the school and I know about all the anti-bullying programs that are in place. It's talked about constantly and it's a big deal right from kindergarten up through high school.

But then you get the curious comment from my daughter who says that it seems the bullying is worse anytime somebody talks about it. Then I feel like the message might be falling on deaf ears.

Though I am proud of my daughter. She's a huge proponent of treating people equally no matter what walk of life they come from. She's been lucky enough to have made some gay friends, and I say lucky because it has really helped her open her mind.

My thoughts and prayers go to their families and communities.

I was bullied as a kid, but never did it cross my mind that suicide was the answer to this issue. I learned to defend myself and to just ignore people. sure, it still hurt, but I moved on with my life.

I think the bullying these days is so much more intense to these kids - with all their access to social media. The bullying is recorded and posted on youtube for someone else's entertainment.

Part of the issue is the bullies - what you are saying to them just isn't getting through. Plus, it may be that they are bullied at home.
Don't know what the solution to all this is - I just hope that we can trully teach our kids that there is life beyond highschool, there is life beyond this bully.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter