• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Practically Perfect at the Poly? **UPDATE 7/28 -- And We're Back!!

By the looks of our tickers....we are arriving on the same day! :goodvibes

Cool...Dismeets are great! :goodvibes

Can't wait to hear about the trip!

:welcome:

Looking forward to hearing about your experience at the Poly and how the crowds were.

Yep...the Poly was interesting. The crowds were OK, actually. Might have been tough if you're a park commando, but we're not even close, so we were good.

LOL! and by the looks of it... the ToT 10 miler? That is.. if I can get in shape enough to brave it!

:worship: Yes, I didn't even notice your new ticker! How exciting! And if you do a ten mile run...WOW.

Hm, this one sounds interesting .......

Okay, I give in, I had to sign up. Now going back to read! ;)

Hello, my friend!. Don't want to give away a key plot detail quite yet, but Max has already played with your wonderful gift. :goodvibes

I'm here!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!!

I'm looking to compare Poly notes with someone else who loves EPCOT. :goodvibes :welcome:"

Subbing! Can't wait to read all about it. :)

:welcome: and hi!

:welcome: We love to "meet" new readers!

Practically Panting with anticiPation!

Can't wait to read all about your trip!

Dee

:rotfl: You can find out all about why you can now count me among the BC diehards. I have to re-sub to the thread, too!

Yep...this will be my husband's 1st Disney race. He's so excited since ToT is his favorite ride. He runs about 7.5 miles a few times a week. So, he's working on upping his mileage along with some other training stuff. I will be at the finish line cheering for everyone while my 4 year old probably sleeps in his stroller. :laughing:

That's great! :thumbsup2

I'm here....you can start now. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

:lmao: You're darn right, Kathy! Certainly wouldn't be the same without you! :rotfl::rotfl:

:worship: Yes, I didn't even notice your new ticker! How exciting! And if you do a ten mile run...WOW.

That there is the big word IF. No, I have a disfriend who is motivating me. We are both starting from the couch and so... hopefully we can do this. Although at this point the weather has me a bit down and I haven't wanted to brave the cold to go out and crawl/walk/run. Although I do see people out running in this. Makes me think either a. I am a whimp or b. they are crazy. :rotfl: OR C. both!!!!

I'm in and can't wait to see how close you came to the perfect trip this time!:thumbsup2

Love that picture of your DH and DS in line for Spaceship Earth. They take things very serious, indeed!:lmao:

Looking forward to reading more.

The Poly is the only deluxe I've never stayed at, so looking forward to your report. Your son is adorable!

That there is the big word IF. No, I have a disfriend who is motivating me. We are both starting from the couch and so... hopefully we can do this. Although at this point the weather has me a bit down and I haven't wanted to brave the cold to go out and crawl/walk/run. Although I do see people out running in this. Makes me think either a. I am a whimp or b. they are crazy. :rotfl: OR C. both!!!!

I know how strong you are. I'm sure you can tackle running, too. :goodvibes As for the folks out in all kinds of weather, I think they've been running for a long time.

Joining in! The Poly is awesome!

I'm in and can't wait to see how close you came to the perfect trip this time!:thumbsup2

Love that picture of your DH and DS in line for Spaceship Earth. They take things very serious, indeed!:lmao:

Looking forward to reading more.

:welcome: Perfect? :confused3 We'll see about that!

Here Tina... I don't have time to read but I'll be back! :goodvibes

Hi! :wave:

I'm here!!

The Poly is the only deluxe I've never stayed at, so looking forward to your report. Your son is adorable!

:welcome: We think he's pretty cute. :goodvibes

....oh my word...now I can't stop with the whole alliteration/letter P thing. :lmao:

After a weekend of pedicures, prepping, packing and cleaning the moment had finally arrived. Our alarm was set for 3 a.m.. Yep...Three. Pretty much the middle of the night. And, believe it or not, Max was up before the alarm. No risk of sleeping through an alarm in this house.

Disney2-20-12008.jpg

We made our way to the airport parking valet, where Max made friends with all of our fellow riders. He told them all about his bear and that we were going to Disney to stay at the Poly. Not like the kid is a pro or anything.

Disney2-20-12011.jpg

Now...a word about airport security. God bless them all and the very important and vital work they do everyday. BUT... the whole process makes me so nervous. What if I packed incorrectly? What if they decide to detain me for some reason or I’m no a no-fly list? While my rational brain knows that all of these things are highly unlikely...you just never know. I was pretty jittery until we were on the other side of the scanners.

We stopped to play at the Traveler’s wall. The leaves move around when you touch the wall.

Disney2-20-12013.jpg

Disney2-20-12014.jpg

Luckily, Max declined breakfast at McDonald’s and we were able to grab something at Dunkin Donuts. We hung around and waited. Max amused himself with his Mobi-go and watching the planes. Quickly enough, we were on board and cleared for take off.

It was a truly uneventful flight, thankfully. I’m not afraid of flying, I just hate it...although I suppose Jet Blue did make it a bit less painful.

Disney2-20-12017.jpg

Flying way above the clouds:
Disney2-20-12021.jpg

That little bit of of extra room does make a difference and while the t.v.s are nice, wireless would have kept me equally as amused. Mark has now decided that we will only fly Jet Blue. Hmmm... we’ll see about that.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for an uneventful plane ride. That always makes the start of the trip good.

We made our way to the airport parking valet, where Max made friends with all of our fellow riders. He told them all about his bear and that we were going to Disney to stay at the Poly. Not like the kid is a pro or anything.

Disney2-20-12011.jpg
Cute bear... and cute kid too!

Now...a word about airport security. God bless them all and the very important and vital work they do everyday. BUT... the whole process makes me so nervous. What if I packed incorrectly? What if they decide to detain me for some reason or I’m no a no-fly list? While my rational brain knows that all of these things are highly unlikely...you just never know. I was pretty jittery until we were on the other side of the scanners.
Did you hear what happened this week? A woman who was bringing her breast pump & (empty) bottles aboard the plane and the TSA agent stopped her and made he go pump because he said she couldn't bring empty bottles on board. :eek::scared1::eek:

We stopped to play at the Traveler’s wall. The leaves move around when you touch the wall.

Disney2-20-12013.jpg

Disney2-20-12014.jpg
We love that wall too! :lmao:

It was a truly uneventful flight, thankfully. I’m not afraid of flying, I just hate it...although I suppose Jet Blue did make it a bit less painful.
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

That little bit of of extra room does make a difference and while the t.v.s are nice, wireless would have kept me equally as amused. Mark has now decided that we will only fly Jet Blue. Hmmm... we’ll see about that.
We fly Jetblue whenever possible... but sometimes southwest is cheaper. ;)

Yay for an uneventful flight! That Travelers wall looks so cool! I'll admit, I love playing with those kinds of things! :laughing:

We love JetBlue too. The TV's and entire flight experience just make ALL the difference for us!

....oh my word...now I can't stop with the whole alliteration/letter P thing. :lmao:

Your comment makes me think of Forrest Gump "I gotta P"

Love the sunglasses on the plane!

I'm so glad your morning has gone smoothly so far and to hear so many great comments about Jet Blue. I will, in fact, be on a Jet Blue Flight in about 14 hours... My DH and I are escaping to Puerto Rico (WITHOUT THE KIDDOS) to celebrate our 25th anniversary. First time away alone together since the boys came along. We have a midnight flight tonight! :scared1:

I am right there with you on the irrational airport security fears. I'm actually quite happy that we're going to do our 1st road trip to Disney this year so that I don't have to stress about the airport.

I'm glad y'all had an uneventful flight. Thank goodness for Mobi-go's right?!? Reid loves his, too!

Can't wait to hear how your arrival at Poly went!

I am with you! I just never know what will or will not be accepted. Shoes on..shoes off... sweater on.. sweater off.:confused3 One time, I had a sweater on that they thought was the kind you would have put on over other garments. It wasn't. They asked me to remove it. I refused since I would have only been wearing a bra under it. I can't even remember what it was I was wearing, but it seems to me it was a pull over..:confused3 Anyway, point is... they don't seem to be consistent or know what they are doing. I even walked through once with... chapstick in my pocket!!!! Imagine... I didnt get stopped for that. I have learned not to smile at them though...that always use to get me stopped.:rotfl:

Your airport security comment really made me laugh! :rotfl2:

Maybe you should try and travel to the US from a foreign country :lmao: should definitely help with your "fears".
They are just doing their jobs and if in doubt - just ask. There is something new every time. ;)

Other than that - I love your uneventful flight and the photos of MY little man, Max! :goodvibes

Disney2-20-12011.jpg

I like Max's bear. :thumbsup2

Yay!

Welcome...welcome....

I’m the mom of an adorable four and a half year old son named Max.

160.jpg

2012-02-21163323.jpg

Mark and Max in line for Spaceship Earth. Yes, we take it very seriously.

I love Max. :love: He's so cute and definitely getting taller!!!! :woohoo: Woohoo for the start of your TR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter