PPB's Super-Forever TR! DisDivas Trip TR Coming SOON!

So checking the weather on accuweather.com for our trip says this:

Tuesday April 28th: Times of clouds and sun. High: 66 °F Low: 50 °F

Wednesday April 29th: Sunshine and some clouds. High: 67 °F Low: 54 °F

Thursday April 30th: Mainly cloudy. High: 70 °F Low: 56 °F

Friday May 1st: Times of clouds and sun. High: 69 °F Low: 53 °F

I guess as long as it doesn't rain? :confused3

I've been really vague on filling you guys in on the details of what we're doing on this trip. This is probably going to be our last 'long' trip. Our APs expire May 16th and we're either going to renew them in July or August. If we don't go in July (hopefully for my Mom's birthday) we're going in August for our anniversary. So after we renew them, we're just going to make Saturday/Sunday trips hopefully once a month. If not every other month. Maybe our birthday's will be an exception.

So! This trip is my birthday trip!! My birthday is on May 1st and I will be turning 22! I'm taking 4 days off work and Jesus is taking a couple days off school for us to go during the week. We're leaving Tuesday morning and coming home on my birthday sometime in the afternoon. The park hours are DL from 10 to 8 and DCA 10 to 6. On Friday DL opens at 9 and DCA at 10. I'll be getting my birthday fun card Friday morning. I already know what I'm going to get with it (unless I change my mind, but I doubt it). My parents want us home sometime before the sun sets, so we'll leave DL maybe 2 or 3.

I only made one PS. Minnie's at the Plaza Inn on Thursday. I believe our PS is at 9:10 (I have it written down somewhere). We can't decide where else we want to eat that requires a PS. I know I do want this cake.

DSC00234.jpg

I called Disney Dining yesterday and asked the CM if you can buy these at Blue Ribbon or Bakersfield Bakery because I've seen them there. He put me on hold and called Blue Ribbon and they said yes. So I think we'll just buy it there, take it to a CS and eat it for dessert. I don't know why, I really want that cake. :cloud9:

I hope that it is a GOOD cake, Courtney! I am guessing it is not cheap! I LOVE really good, moist cake with just the right amount and right texture of frosting. I hope that it is not dry or icky. Their cupcakes are not always the greatest so I worry about their cakes!

That is funny that your e-mail said it was the "final reminder" about your birthday, as if they had constantly been sending you reminders!!

I think that is so amazing about getting the cell phone back. I mean, in this day and age, people practically store their whole lives in their phones and it can be downright disastrous if you lose one. I remember losing an earring at DL one time and never getting it back, and I hate that feeling of knowing that I lost something forever that I will never get back. It makes no sense to keep a lost cell phone these days because the owner can just call the carrier and cancel that account really fast, but I worry more about the people who see lost items sitting on a ride or on the ground and just pass them by, not bothering to pick them up and hand them to a CM or something, just leaving them on the ground to be kicked off a platform or into a dark crevice where they can never be found again!

So you guys just passed by Toy Story - you didn't ride it? I have found that the line for TSMM always moves pretty fast, no matter what the wait time is.

Frozone does have a huge head! I don't think it is quite the size of Woody's ginormous head, but Frozone's head is pointy and huge, so it looks freakish!:rotfl:

So the birthday trip is when you guys go to Minnie and Friends, right? I have a feeling you will have a blast there. It seems like they have been on fire with characters recently, and your camera is taking great pictures, so that will be a good time!

Are you turning off the flash on the camera whenever you go on a ride or like inside the Animation Building, or does the camera have a sensor that turns it off automatically for you? See, I would be afraid that I would forget to turn off the flash and then start snapping pictures on a ride, getting everyone around me angry at me!!:lmao:

I hope it's a good cake too!! It's only $15 (or $15.99) which isn't bad. It's not huge, but I think the price fits the size. I don't know of Jesus and I would be able to finish it. The cake they give you with the birthday bucket was teeny tiny, and the birthday bucket is $20. So this price makes more sense. I'm kind of amazed how reasonable it is.

I know! I had to go back to my email and look to see if I missed any emails from Disney. They made it seem like I've been ignoring them or something!

Jesus' Dad didn't even want us to go check. He just assumed nobody would turn it in. But we both insisted we go because a CM could have picked it up and turned it in. You never know. Good thing we did because it would have been sitting there forever in Lost and Found. Right after we found it missing, Jesus' Mom called AT&T and had that line canceled so nobody could make calls. It's a terrible feeling loosing something. Especially a phone, I'm one of those people where my whole life is in it!! I was very very pleased on how Disney handles found goods. Actually, there was a lady next to us in line filling out a report and she lost her DD's sippy cup. I found that kind of strange, but maybe the little girl really loved that cup!

No! We didn't ride it. We just walked right passed it. His family wasn't really into waiting in line, so we didn't even bring it up. I want to ride it this time though. It's such a fun ride!

Frozone gets for second biggest head, while Woody's is first! We were saying that the CM in him probably looks out his mouth. Big head!

I have to turn the flash off. It's easy because my camera has a little dial and I just turn the dial and the flash turns off. It makes this red light, but it's not real noticeable like the flash is.

I just spent the past 40 minutes reading all the great stuff I've missed on this thread :)

I LOVE LOVE your bagallini! Its totally making me change my mind about my bag, but then I remember that I need to bring my tripod in my bag that is about 17 inches in length and I KNOW I won't be able to fit it in the bagallini (even though it looks sooo comfy). I love the color too :) I'm a sucker for pink as well Courtney!

I know I've said this on the emails we send to each other, but I'm so stoked that you won the tickets from the radio station! That is too cool :) I LOVVVVE the last shirt you posted with the Alice graphics all over it. I SOOO want that!!

The first time we used a wheelchair for my mom, it was so hard to get used to heading towards the exit. I think that it takes more time than anything else. I completely agree with you that its not worth the money for people renting wheelchairs for that purpose; not to mention trying to get through traffic at the parks.

Oh & you shouldn't feel bad about pictures being grainy inside and for night shots; that will happen regardless of changing the settings. If you do manage to change it so its not so grainy (ISO), you will have SO much camera movement that you will get blur regardless. I've tried to take ride shots with my nikon and they look almost the same. The only way you can do it is by having a tripod in between your legs. (I think I might try that ??).

How was the margarita? I'm tempted to try it when I'm there for my birthday!

I LOVE Frozone guys! He officially became my favorite character when he was acting the part when we took pictures with him. He is SO fun!!

Oh & I can't believe you've planned out what you're going to spend with your fun card ! HAHA :laughing: That is SOO funny!!

How does that work online (registering) ? I haven't done it yet (even though I should)?

Jasmine, I really really liked my Baggallini. It was super comfy and my jacket even fit in it. Which I was really surprised. It's a lot bigger in there than it looks!!! Yay for pink! :lovestruc

Yeah, the wheelchair was really hard. And it was even harder with trying to weave in between people. It was really pain actually.

I haven't even tried to change the settings. I figured it's going to be grainy either way. My Dad has one of those little tiny tripods. I'm going to see if that does anything, but I think you need a big one for it to really make a difference. I was really super pleased with my daytime/outdoor pictures. They came out so much better than I expected.

The margarita was super good!! It had just enough tequila for me where I could actually finish it all and not feel weird. It was really really good. I'm not sure what the other flavor tasted like though.

Jesus was laughing at me too! I found what I wanted already last time and I kept walking around saying "I need this!!". So I'll get it with my fun card!! And I bet you I'll change my mind!! :rotfl:

Oh! You can register HERE. They should send you the email maybe a week and half before your birthday? I need to print mine actually.

Jasmine, I must agree with Courtney about the Bagg being roomy. My black Bagg surprised me with how much stuff it could hold. They did a really good job of putting useful and secure compartments and pockets and things inside and outside the Bagg. Some other bags seem to have a lot of pockets but you can still never fit everythng in them for some reason, or the compartments are not secure. But the Baggallini people knew what they were doing (that company must be run by women;)). And it is waterproof, which helps tremendously in those random DLR rainstorms that occur every now and again (like when I was there the weekend before Christmas). I was quite pleased that I got a Bagg. I had seen a lot about it on the DIS, and I was afraid I would be wasting my $40+ on another bag that didn't do the job, but I think this was a sensible purchase that I will use for a long time; a good investment overall.

Courtney, you're right about the price of the cake you plan to get. That sounds suspiciously reasonable (for Disney)! I almost am inclined to think that they left off a digit from the price when you asked about it!! I assume that the whole outside 'box' is not edible? I was thinking that only the inside part of it was cake. In any case, if you and Jesus time it right, you can get your cake, stash whatever you don't eat of it in the mini-fridge in your room and either finish it up later or take it back home with you.

I have been eating really healthy stuff lately (translation: boring stuff) and I got this mad cake craving all of a sudden from looking at that cake picture!!. I had to give in to the craving. I had a home delivery from Vons/Safeway today of a bunch of stuff I need (several cases of water, DECAF coffee:mad:, cottage cheese, wheat bread, lean turkey slices, skinless chicken breasts, etc. - all 'good' stuff - along with a giant piece of CAKE with white icing!!! And I know a lot of people don't like the cakes and cupcakes that are sold at the supermarket, but this piece was SOOOOOOOOOO good. Lots of frosting; moist cake; nice decorative flower on top - just delicious! And it is all your fault, Courtney, for posting that cake picture!!:lmao::lmao: It was too strong of a temptation to bear!:lmao::lmao::rotfl:

I love your report(s)! I'm glad you still had fun with Jesus' family even though they went at a slower pace than you're used to. You're a good almost daughter in law! And you have another trip coming sooo soon! Lucky you.

Jasmine, I must agree with Courtney about the Bagg being roomy. My black Bagg surprised me with how much stuff it could hold. They did a really good job of putting useful and secure compartments and pockets and things inside and outside the Bagg. Some other bags seem to have a lot of pockets but you can still never fit everythng in them for some reason, or the compartments are not secure. But the Baggallini people knew what they were doing (that company must be run by women;)). And it is waterproof, which helps tremendously in those random DLR rainstorms that occur every now and again (like when I was there the weekend before Christmas). I was quite pleased that I got a Bagg. I had seen a lot about it on the DIS, and I was afraid I would be wasting my $40+ on another bag that didn't do the job, but I think this was a sensible purchase that I will use for a long time; a good investment overall.

Courtney, you're right about the price of the cake you plan to get. That sounds suspiciously reasonable (for Disney)! I almost am inclined to think that they left off a digit from the price when you asked about it!! I assume that the whole outside 'box' is not edible? I was thinking that only the inside part of it was cake. In any case, if you and Jesus time it right, you can get your cake, stash whatever you don't eat of it in the mini-fridge in your room and either finish it up later or take it back home with you.

I have been eating really healthy stuff lately (translation: boring stuff) and I got this mad cake craving all of a sudden from looking at that cake picture!!. I had to give in to the craving. I had a home delivery from Vons/Safeway today of a bunch of stuff I need (several cases of water, DECAF coffee:mad:, cottage cheese, wheat bread, lean turkey slices, skinless chicken breasts, etc. - all 'good' stuff - along with a giant piece of CAKE with white icing!!! And I know a lot of people don't like the cakes and cupcakes that are sold at the supermarket, but this piece was SOOOOOOOOOO good. Lots of frosting; moist cake; nice decorative flower on top - just delicious! And it is all your fault, Courtney, for posting that cake picture!!:lmao::lmao: It was too strong of a temptation to bear!:lmao::lmao::rotfl:

:rotfl: I made you eat the cake! I admit!!! I'm not a huge cake person, okay maybe I am. :lmao: That actually sounds good right now!!!

Sherry, you should join the Dis ladies only trip next year. And Jasmine TOO! :yay:

I love your report(s)! I'm glad you still had fun with Jesus' family even though they went at a slower pace than you're used to. You're a good almost daughter in law! And you have another trip coming sooo soon! Lucky you.

Thank you so much for reading!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes

I try to be a good almost daughter in law. I love that family! :hug:

Hi there, I think I saw in another thread that you two will be at Disneyland around the same time as me. I'll be there from 4/29-5/2. Are you interested in meeting up? I'll be there for my birthday (5/1) as well. :)

:rotfl: I made you eat the cake! I admit!!! I'm not a huge cake person, okay maybe I am. :lmao: That actually sounds good right now!!!

Sherry, you should join the Dis ladies only trip next year. And Jasmine TOO! :yay:

I love a good piece of cake once in a very great while, but I find that if I really love it and think it is delicious, then I tend to want a second piece, and I end up stuffing myself on cake - and it gets old really fast and I am sick of it! Cake is the sort of food - like ice cream - that is just SO decadent and not good for you that you can taste it when you bite in, and it can get old quickly. So I can't eat stuff like that too often because then I get tempted to eat it more often, in which case I may as well just put the thick frosting and calories right into my arteries and walk myself to the emergency room!:lmao:

Did you join the ladies only trip for 2010, Courtney? Hmmm. I wonder if I should get in on that. See, I was toying with the idea of going this year - at least for a day, to meet up with Molly and some of the other girls - but I had to play it by ear and it turned out I wasn't able to do it after all, so I was glad I hadn't signed on to anything and had to back out. And now I have the pending plans for DLR with my Idaho friends some time in October (those are always subject to change), which I will also have to play by ear since I won't know my $$$ situation until closer to that time (which affects my part in a hotel and also my renewal of the AP). I am still not even 100% sure about my July birthday and if I am just going to go to DLR alone and get my Fun Card, or drag Shawn out of work and make her go too! In other words, I kind of take one DLR trip at a time and play them all by ear, because freelance work leads to unpredictable money situations so it is difficult to plan FAR ahead. Things tend to change several times when I try to plan too far ahead.

But if you are going on the ladies trip, or if Jasmine and Kerri get in on it too, then I will definitely have more incentive to at least pop in for a day!! Reading Stacerita's TR about the trip I can tell those ladies almost had TOO good of a time! It sounds like they had a blast!

Hi there, I think I saw in another thread that you two will be at Disneyland around the same time as me. I'll be there from 4/29-5/2. Are you interested in meeting up? I'll be there for my birthday (5/1) as well. :)

Hi! :goodvibes That be wonderful! I'm dragging DBF with me (ha! Just kidding). Where are you staying at?

I love a good piece of cake once in a very great while, but I find that if I really love it and think it is delicious, then I tend to want a second piece, and I end up stuffing myself on cake - and it gets old really fast and I am sick of it! Cake is the sort of food - like ice cream - that is just SO decadent and not good for you that you can taste it when you bite in, and it can get old quickly. So I can't eat stuff like that too often because then I get tempted to eat it more often, in which case I may as well just put the thick frosting and calories right into my arteries and walk myself to the emergency room!:lmao:

Did you join the ladies only trip for 2010, Courtney? Hmmm. I wonder if I should get in on that. See, I was toying with the idea of going this year - at least for a day, to meet up with Molly and some of the other girls - but I had to play it by ear and it turned out I wasn't able to do it after all, so I was glad I hadn't signed on to anything and had to back out. And now I have the pending plans for DLR with my Idaho friends some time in October (those are always subject to change), which I will also have to play by ear since I won't know my $$$ situation until closer to that time (which affects my part in a hotel and also my renewal of the AP). I am still not even 100% sure about my July birthday and if I am just going to go to DLR alone and get my Fun Card, or drag Shawn out of work and make her go too! In other words, I kind of take one DLR trip at a time and play them all by ear, because freelance work leads to unpredictable money situations so it is difficult to plan FAR ahead. Things tend to change several times when I try to plan too far ahead.

But if you are going on the ladies trip, or if Jasmine and Kerri get in on it too, then I will definitely have more incentive to at least pop in for a day!! Reading Stacerita's TR about the trip I can tell those ladies almost had TOO good of a time! It sounds like they had a blast!

I'm that way about most sweets. Too much sometimes. Except candy. And not chocolate candy. Not chocolate candy (even though I do like chocolate) is my vice. Big time.

For the Ladies trip, I'm thinking of just going Saturday and Sunday, possibly Friday too depending on how work/school is by then. It's too far in advance to tell what's going to be going on with that. I'm also deciding if I should drive. If I do drive, I could totally pick you up! You're on my way to Anaheim anyways! At the most I'll stay 2 nights. They have a whole 7 (I think?) days planned, but I won't be staying that long.

I would LOVE LOVE if all 4 of us ladies go. Omg, perfect. :cloud9:

Hellooo Courtney!

I'd so love to meet up with you guys, but going on vacation requires that I work around my family, so its hard to plan. Know what I mean?

I'd be so stoked to meet you, Sherry, and Kerri (again!)! It would be too fun, I know it. I had sooo much fun with everyone at our mini-meet and had even more fun hanging out with Kerri and Micah. They are like the coolest couple in the world!

Oh & Sherry, you are soo tempting me to get a bagallini! I'm soo close to getting it, you don't even know. The only thing stopping me is my camera & tripod!

Hellooo Courtney!

I'd so love to meet up with you guys, but going on vacation requires that I work around my family, so its hard to plan. Know what I mean?

I'd be so stoked to meet you, Sherry, and Kerri (again!)! It would be too fun, I know it. I had sooo much fun with everyone at our mini-meet and had even more fun hanging out with Kerri and Micah. They are like the coolest couple in the world!

Oh & Sherry, you are soo tempting me to get a bagallini! I'm soo close to getting it, you don't even know. The only thing stopping me is my camera & tripod!

I know what you mean jelly bean! That's probably why I'll only go Saturday/Sunday. Well we'll see. I'm an early planner, but that's too early for me right now.

Us 4 need our own trip, dangit! :banana:

Kerri and Micah should adopt us. They wouldn't mind 2 more daughters! :thumbsup2 :lmao:

Get the Baggallini! Hm. How big is it? Like inches? Your tripod is 17"? Hmmm. Seriously, that bag is magic. It doesn't look that big, but I could fit my whole life in there.

Hi! :goodvibes That be wonderful! I'm dragging DBF with me (ha! Just kidding). Where are you staying at?

I'm going to be at the Doubletree. I got it through Priceline, which is always an adventure! I'd love to stay at HoJo's someday, but working around their Entertainment discount dates, etc. can be tricky. At least with Priceline, I get to try different hotels with my stays, right? :) Where are you staying?

I know what you mean jelly bean! That's probably why I'll only go Saturday/Sunday. Well we'll see. I'm an early planner, but that's too early for me right now.

Us 4 need our own trip, dangit! :banana:

Kerri and Micah should adopt us. They wouldn't mind 2 more daughters! :thumbsup2 :lmao:

Get the Baggallini! Hm. How big is it? Like inches? Your tripod is 17"? Hmmm. Seriously, that bag is magic. It doesn't look that big, but I could fit my whole life in there.

I know!! Seriously even though we're adults Kerri & Micah need to adopt us :) I'll bake cupcakes if they do! HAHA :)

Yeah, my tripod folds down to 17.13 inches, but I'll definitely check it out!!!

Hey everyone!

So we leave in 4 days. I can't wait!

I order these cute travel bags from Avon. They have Mickey on them. I'll post a picture of them tonight.

I also need to start packing.

And I need to go to the bank to cash in my coins I've been saving ($40!!!).

:)

Hey everyone!

So we leave in 4 days. I can't wait!

I order these cute travel bags from Avon. They have Mickey on them. I'll post a picture of them tonight.

I also need to start packing.

And I need to go to the bank to cash in my coins I've been saving ($40!!!).

:)

Coins add up so fast, hey? That's my DF's favourite way to save money (the only way he saves money?) He has a bear peanut butter jar piggy bank, heehee. He rolls the coins about twice a year and usually has $100 or so.

Hmm, need to see a pic of the mickey travel bags. Have you ever used to Mark by Avon products? Love them so much! (I mean, if Lauren Conrad approves something, it must be good, right?)

Hey you, Jaz, and I are all gonna be a year older real soon and my DH. We are May 2 and May 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter