POTC...please tell me it's not true! :(

I always figured the summer months were the busiest time periods of the year. I know christmas gets busy but it's for a way shorter period of time.

Aww... We're doing a day or two towards the end of July. This is my favorite ride :worried:

But, it is necessary and I'm glad that they are improving POTC.

Bummer. DDs favorite ride. I guess that means we will just have to plan another trip after this one to ride it again:ssst:

I always figured the summer months were the busiest time periods of the year. I know christmas gets busy but it's for a way shorter period of time.
The two to three weeks with Christmas and New Years are the busiest the parks usually see.

Just booked my trip to wdw. Looks like POTC will be down in early June. Sad that my kids won't get to experience a classic.

Just booked my trip to wdw. Looks like POTC will be down in early June. Sad that my kids won't get to experience a classic.
A classic in bad shape I would rather miss a bad experience than a good one and it its current state it's not that great.

It really is ok people... Rather have a ride that is functional and safe opposed to one that constantly breaks down. We are booked for June if it is down it is not the end of the world -- disappointed yes -- but it won't ruin our trip!

Its Disney they are just going to keep increasing prices. I think the problem should be is they keep rising prices why can't they fix these things to make sure they work properly. Disney used to be a company where if something didn't work or wasn't show ready it wasn't used or fixed right away. Today they wait until the last possible second to fix these things and do it as cheaply as possible.
Or sometimes not at all. Look at Discovery Island and River Country--basically left to rot.

Or sometimes not at all. Look at Discovery Island and River Country--basically left to rot.
Well discovery island most people nowadays don't even know it exists so that helps Disney. River country will eventually have something done to it because of it still being in the public view.

I try to look on the bright side. Things may be closed or down for maintenance (which is essential), but look at all that is opened and available! We're at Disney World!

Does anyone know if Disney is good about sticking to their dates meaning POTC will reopen on or before 9/25 and not after? We'll be there starting on 10/10 of this year and I know my kids will want to ride it again.

Does anyone know if Disney is good about sticking to their dates meaning POTC will reopen on or before 9/25 and not after? We'll be there starting on 10/10 of this year and I know my kids will want to ride it again.
Doubtful this ride needs this refurb bad.

Haa, Fiance and I are going there for our honeymoon May 3rd through the 9th. This is by far my favorite ride and I'm glad we'll hopefully stil get to ride it, even if it's falling apart, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter