POTC...please tell me it's not true! :(

I love POTC and agree it does need a refurb. It does stink for people that have never been for the ride to be down though. :(

I love POTC and agree it does need a refurb. It does stink for people that have never been for the ride to be down though. :(
But if they've never have been on it and go on it when it's bad they may never want to go on it ever again.

I am glad its getting the much needed refurb but I'm sad it will be done during possibly 2/3 of our trips this year! Its ALWAYS our first ride on our first day! It's a bummer but I'll live! Hopefully it'll be back up for our November trip!!

I don't think that was a major refurb only maybe a couple weeks or a month. This needs a gutting, boat fixes, cleaning, animatronic fixing etc. this needs the rumored six months for sure. The boats I believe are only like 2 years old. The problem with them tho is they were built for Disneyland well they didn't work there WDW said well take them and ended up with them.

Okay it was in 2006. Can't find anything to say how long it was down, but only that it reopened early July. I recall it being somewhat lengthy.

Lol...I think I preferred when we were going to miss it by months. Right now we leave the day before it comes back.

Does anyone know what they're going to fix / refurbish during this closure?
The whole thing lol. So many animatronics and features are having mechanical problems. The boats get way to much water in them. The mist screen rarely works these days, it's in bad shape.

I guess I've been lucky in the past. Most of my visits have been when each park was relatively new or recently overhauled. I've never really noticed lots of closed rides or walls. Like I said... very lucky.

This summer I'm taking my family for their first time and I was so excited to an evening "adventure" with HM, JC, and PotC our first night. I know they'd love Pirates. I guess it's a good thing if it's that badly broken, but I'm a little sad that Disney let it fall apart. That's not at all what I've come to expect from them based on previous visits.

The whole thing lol. So many animatronics and features are having mechanical problems. The boats get way to much water in them. The mist screen rarely works these days, it's in bad shape.

The mist screen wasn't working for me on my last trip in June. Wasn't sure if they axed it or it just didn't work. The ride needs some serious love.

The mist screen wasn't working for me on my last trip in June. Wasn't sure if they axed it or it just didn't work. The ride needs some serious love.
Lots of insiders say it needs even more than the 4.5 months it will get many say 6 at least but Disney won't keep it down for that long. Other rides that need refurbs desperately are IASW CoP and Buzz.

I've read it will be closed only until May 8th. Where are people reading an "official" may 11th onward?

I'm gutted about this. We've already booked our trip, so no changing and this is one of my favourite rides. I'm amazed it's closed for this long in the one of the busiest periods.

I've never really understood why they do refurbishments during one of the busiest times of the year, but what do I know.

I've never really understood why they do refurbishments during one of the busiest times of the year, but what do I know.
They want it open in time for the busiest time of year christmas they don't have choice this ride needs work and needs it now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter