• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POTC closed in September?

Thanks everyone! I noticed how it changes the year also. Weird. My friend called Disney direct about refurbishments and was told they have no info about POTC being closed. She did confirm CA Screaming, haunted mansion and Space Mountain though.

Thanks everyone! I noticed how it changes the year also. Weird. My friend called Disney direct about refurbishments and was told they have no info about POTC being closed. She did confirm CA Screaming, haunted mansion and Space Mountain though.

As Sherry said, the refurb page is updated often and is correct.

For months/days where the info hasn't been released by Disney yet, the Park Hours page is based on a year or two ago.

I've cleared Sept so there is no confusion.

Disney is lagging on releasing info right now and has only released info thru 9/6.

So, we still do not know, if Pirates is going down? and if so for how long?

--Lori

I think that in the actual closures section of the site - http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/plan.htm#rehab - they are as updated and accurate as they can be for the time being, pending any eventual changes. I know that Tom makes a point of checking on closures and updating that section. Now as for the actual calendar linked above in the OP, I don't know how that works, and why certain parts of it get updated early on, but other parts of it don't get updated until later. I don't even know if Tom handles that specific section.
Thank you for the link very helpful!

:lmao: Tom -- Some folks over at MiceChat are now pondering the Pirates closure info that was spotted on wdwinfo.com. :lmao: I peeked over there to see if they were discussing anything interesting (as I usually do), only to find a thread called "Daily Calendar Stuck." They are linking back to wdwinfo and talking about manually changing dates to advance instead of using links. I guess they don't realize that linking to wdwinfo is essentially linking to The DIS, and, by association, DISboards. ;)

And no one in that thread seems to realize that the Disneyland Forever fireworks are happening EVERY NIGHT, all throughout the off season (weather permitting, and excluding 9/10). I guess they didn't read Erin's replies in the comments under her original Halloween Time Parks Blog. Someone (who also belongs to MiceChat) should end their suspense and let them know that the fireworks will be nightly except for 9/10. Paint the Night -- nightly as well. Fireworks have not been nightly in the "off" season (throughout Halloween Time) since Halloween Screams debuted in 2009 (unless I am forgetting something) -- it is a rare event!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but (as pointed out on that MiceChat thread), the official disneyland web page now reports that POTC will be down from 9/14 to 9/29. You have to use the trick on the attractions page where you manually type in the date while the mini-calendar is not showing.

However, you can still make reservations for Blue Bayou during those dates. We'll have to see what comes of it. The attractions page correctly showed the Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain holiday overlay closures almost 2 months early, before they were released on the official calendar, and before the Halloween Time blog announcement. And, the POTC closure wasn't there a couple weeks ago when I checked, so it was added recently.

Last edited:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but (as pointed out on that MiceChat thread), the official disneyland web page now reports that POTC will be down from 9/14 to 9/29. You have to use the trick on the attractions page where you manually type in the date while the mini-calendar is not showing.

Oh, I see what you're saying -- when I first saw the Mice Chat thread, I didn't see them mention going to the official Disneyland page in that specific post. I saw them talking about the attractions page, and I thought they were linking back to wdwinfo, as they had already been talking about wdwinfo in the thread.

Ah well. It sounds like POTC will be closed when MHP kicks off.

So do we think Blue Bayou will still be open during the POTC closure? I have a reservation for Sept. 23. Should I make a back up reservation somewhere else in case they cancel BB reservations?

So do we think Blue Bayou will still be open during the POTC closure? I have a reservation for Sept. 23. Should I make a back up reservation somewhere else in case they cancel BB reservations?
When I was there in May 2014, POTC was closed, but BB remained open.

According to the sticky link at the top of our board, POTC is now scheduled to be down sept 14-29.

ETa: oops! I didn't realize this was already mentioned!

called Disney reservation line, and the CM i spoke to stated that POTC will be down, but BB will still be available, she reminded me..... The only change, is you won't see any boats floating by and request from riders of "how good the food is", and "can you throw me a biscuit" will be absent..... HaHa!! i thought that was funny how she mentioned that over the phone... good thing... we have Fantasmic Dinner reservations for the 27th of Sept.

Scheduled to reopen September 30. We arrive Oct 1. They never delay the reopening do they? She said HOPEFULLY and NAIVELY???

We booked lunch there on the 23rd when the ride will be closed. Will it be still be dark and have the same atmosphere, or will the lights be on with jack-hammers and guys in hard hats? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter