• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POTC closed in September?

Oh God I hope that's not true! But I was able to make a dining res at BB on 9/20 so I'm thinking it's not true.

You can check the attraction refurbishments on the main Disneyland.com website here. You can plug in your date on the top right corner and it will show you what is currently scheduled to be closed that day (subject to change, of course)

There is some difference between the official site and the link you posted. Not sure if you'll like the difference, or not.

In the top right, you can plug in your dates. There are definitely some refurbishments in September, as to be expected once everyone goes back to school.

I have a reservation for BB on 9/6, so I certainly hope that's not true.

Another thing to perhaps consider is that the official site has released park hours and schedules for everything up to 9/5... so maybe it's just not updated yet.

You can check the attraction refurbishments on the main Disneyland.com website here. You can plug in your date on the top right corner and it will show you what is currently scheduled to be closed that day (subject to change, of course)

There is some difference between the official site and the link you posted. Not sure if you'll like the difference, or not.

In the top right, you can plug in your dates. There are definitely some refurbishments in September, as to be expected once everyone goes back to school.

Thank you so much! I was asking for a friend who will be going in September :)

Not sure how reliable that official site is anyways, they only list Haunted Mansion down starting on the 6th.

we have reservations for the 27 of september. i got nervous when i saw this post. called a CM this morning 1045 mountain time, they said there was no official word of POTC or BB going down for refurb, and if there was they would not be taking any reservations for late september... but then................. i was told, that "closures" are subject to change....:crazy2: so..... keeping my fingers crossed.

I also have a reservation for blue bayou on 9/21 and that original link says that the restaurant is closed also, so I wouldn't take those closures as accurate

I wouldn't use that calendar for too much, it seems to have a few issues. Notice how at the top it says the hours are "Not Yet Released?" Well, what they do is just fill out the calendar with old info from the past. In this case, you are actually looking at the 2011 schedule. Everything you see is the official schedule for 2011 - but even that's not very useful because 1) its so old, and 2) the weekdays/weekends don't even line up.

Furthermore, the navigation system appears to be broken. If you click "Next Month," it will actually take you to the next month ... in 2014! And clicking "Previous Month," it actually takes you to 2013. I don't think much attention or support is given to that calendar at all from the website.

I would only use it for days that are listed as "Official," which is kind of pointless because the days become official on that calendar long after they've already appeared on the disneyland.com calender. For example, disneyland.com calendar currently goes through September 5th, but the calendar you linked has 2011 info for September 1-5. And it will likely keep the 2011 until all or most of September is released by Disney.

Not to change the subject of the thread but when I was playing around with the dates on the DL calendar someone else linked above it showed California Screamin' down for refurb as of 09/07-9/10 (farthest the calendar goes at the moment). I wonder how long it might be closed for?

I wouldn't use that calendar for too much, it seems to have a few issues. Notice how at the top it says the hours are "Not Yet Released?" Well, what they do is just fill out the calendar with old info from the past. In this case, you are actually looking at the 2011 schedule. Everything you see is the official schedule for 2011 - but even that's not very useful because 1) its so old, and 2) the weekdays/weekends don't even line up.

Furthermore, the navigation system appears to be broken. If you click "Next Month," it will actually take you to the next month ... in 2014! And clicking "Previous Month," it actually takes you to 2013. I don't think much attention or support is given to that calendar at all from the website.

I would only use it for days that are listed as "Official," which is kind of pointless because the days become official on that calendar long after they've already appeared on the disneyland.com calender. For example, disneyland.com calendar currently goes through September 5th, but the calendar you linked has 2011 info for September 1-5. And it will likely keep the 2011 until all or most of September is released by Disney.

The wdwinfo site linked above is our sister site (parent site?). We're all part of the same DIS family. In fact, if you click on "Forums" from that wdwinfo page, it takes you right to DISboards. Tom Bell (of DIS Unplugged) is the one who updates the dates of closures on the wdwinfo page. Fortunately, that calendar retains the hours from previous years -- which is a life saver when trying to show people what the park hours were like last year, for example -- but all of the new info for the current year seems to not fall into place at the same time. Only certain elements update (like the name of the parade and fireworks, for example), and more of them update later.

The wdwinfo site linked above is our sister site (parent site?). We're all part of the same DIS family. In fact, if you click on "Forums" from that wdwinfo page, it takes you right to DISboards. Tom Bell (of DIS Unplugged) is the one who updates the dates of closures on the wdwinfo page. Fortunately, that calendar retains the hours from previous years -- which is a life saver when trying to show people what the park hours were like last year, for example -- but all of the new info for the current year seems to not fall into place at the same time. Only certain elements update (like the name of the parade and fireworks, for example), and more of them update later.

Sherry, so do you the ride closure are correct for 2015?

--Lori

Sherry, so do you the ride closure are correct for 2015?

--Lori

I think that in the actual closures section of the site - http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/plan.htm#rehab - they are as updated and accurate as they can be for the time being, pending any eventual changes. I know that Tom makes a point of checking on closures and updating that section. Now as for the actual calendar linked above in the OP, I don't know how that works, and why certain parts of it get updated early on, but other parts of it don't get updated until later. I don't even know if Tom handles that specific section.

The wdwinfo site linked above is our sister site (parent site?). We're all part of the same DIS family.
Ah, so maybe you could get a word to them to fix the broken prev/next month navigation? It's been like that for at least 6 months.

The other funky thing the old calendar doesn't have separate entertainment from the current. I was there on Friday, September 13, 2013, and I'm pretty certain they didn't show Paint the Night at 11:30am and Disneyland Forever Fireworks at 9:30pm

Ah, so maybe you could get a word to them to fix the broken prev/next month navigation? It's been like that for at least 6 months.

The other funky thing the old calendar doesn't have separate entertainment from the current. I was there on Friday, September 13, 2013, and I'm pretty certain they didn't show Paint the Night at 11:30am and Disneyland Forever Fireworks at 9:30pm

No one behind the scenes listens to me. The "next month" of 2014 is still there because the October 2015 info has not come in yet. (And keeping the hours from last year, for reference, is helpful.) As I mentioned in my above post, only certain elements update ahead of time (like the name of the parade and fireworks, for example), and more of the info updates later. I have no idea why.

The "next month" of 2014 is still there because the October 2015 info has not come in yet.

It doesn't matter what month you are currently on. If you are viewing February 2015, "Next Month" takes you to March 2014, and "Previous Month" takes you to January, 2013. If you are viewing September, 2006, "Next Month" takes you to October 2014, and "Previous Month" takes you to August 2013. It's just plain broken.

No one behind the scenes listens to me.
Alas, I guess it is what it is. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter