POST YOUR FD DEAL and DATE! (Had to pick something special for my 1000th post)

I book Sept 8 - 16 at POR

3 adults, 2 kids 10 - 7

8 nights 9 days
9 day tickets with hopper and water park
free dining

Total = 3223.12

Why does everyones package seem cheaper...LOL!?! I realize everyone is staying at different places and different amount of days. Sometimes I just like to hear myself complain...hahaha.

9/20 - 9/25
5 days 6 nights
Staying at Pop
1 day tickets (we have non exp leftovers :goodvibes
2 adults, 2 children
$761.00

did disney increase their prices? I booked the first day FD was offer to everyone. Got 8 nights to Pop Century with 6 day regular park tickets. Cost was around 1600. I was thinking on adding another day and for one more day with still just 6 tickets it came to over 2000. WOW! BIG DIFFERENCED FOR ONE DAY,. so i put in my original dates and tickets just to see if the cost was the same as my one that i booked and it came to over 1800.

Does anyone know if the prices were increased?

I book Sept 8 - 16 at POR

3 adults, 2 kids 10 - 7

8 nights 9 days
9 day tickets with hopper and water park
free dining

Total = 3223.12

Why does everyones package seem cheaper...LOL!?! I realize everyone is staying at different places and different amount of days. Sometimes I just like to hear myself complain...hahaha.

We'll be at POR Sept. 11-16th.

First time a moderate - a little nervous.

did disney increase their prices? I booked the first day FD was offer to everyone. Got 8 nights to Pop Century with 6 day regular park tickets. Cost was around 1600. I was thinking on adding another day and for one more day with still just 6 tickets it came to over 2000. WOW! BIG DIFFERENCED FOR ONE DAY,. so i put in my original dates and tickets just to see if the cost was the same as my one that i booked and it came to over 1800.

I was actually wondering the same thing. After my TA booked FD for me, I went on the web site and started to book the same dates and tix, just to see if it came out the same...which it did. I then ran the numbers to add just an extra day of hotel and it came out to almost $200 more.

Doesn't make sense to me. There shouldn't be anything extra but another day of hotel stay.

I'm going to run he numbers again today and see what I come up with.

When I play on the site and change one of the option it seems to add things like hoppers or preferred rooms back on my ressie. That would account for $200 I'd think.

I was actually wondering the same thing. After my TA booked FD for me, I went on the web site and started to book the same dates and tix, just to see if it came out the same...which it did. I then ran the numbers to add just an extra day of hotel and it came out to almost $200 more.

Doesn't make sense to me. There shouldn't be anything extra but another day of hotel stay.

I'm going to run he numbers again today and see what I come up with.

When I play on the site and change one of the option it seems to add things like hoppers or preferred rooms back on my ressie. That would account for $200 I'd think.

Just for kicks, I started two new reservations. One just like I currently have and one adding an extra day. By adding only a day to my package, it adds $109.61 to the package price. Seems like it should be cheaper if all I'm adding is another day at the hotel. If free dining is truly free, then that shouldn't account for the extra cost. And if a room can hold up to four people, and there's only two of us, that shouldn't account for the extra cost either.

Trip dates: 9/3-9/8 (current res) - Cost for 6 days, 5 nights at ASMu w/preferred room, free dining, 4-day park hopper (no waterparks):
$1,123.33 (no insurance included...yet)

Trip dates: 9/3-9/9 - Cost for 7 days, 6 nights at ASMu w/preferred room, free dining, 4-day park hopper (no waterparks):
$1,232.94 (no insurance included)

Difference: $109.61

Any thoughts?

The cost of a value preferred room per night in the cheap season is $109.61 ($97 plus tax) . I just ran it without tickets and buying just one night's hotel.

Room prices are based on having just 2 adults in the room. I think it is $10 per extra adult, so if you had 4 (or kids old enough to need adult tickets) you'd have to pay more than 2 adults taking a baby.

Are you trying to reduce the cost of your trip or just figure out the prices? If you drop the hoppers and preferred room you'd save a bit. We are doing 14 nights in ASMovies for $1910 in a regular room, 2 adults, one baby.

Just for kicks, I started two new reservations. One just like I currently have and one adding an extra day. By adding only a day to my package, it adds $109.61 to the package price. Seems like it should be cheaper if all I'm adding is another day at the hotel. If free dining is truly free, then that shouldn't account for the extra cost. And if a room can hold up to four people, and there's only two of us, that shouldn't account for the extra cost either.

Trip dates: 9/3-9/8 (current res) - Cost for 6 days, 5 nights at ASMu w/preferred room, free dining, 4-day park hopper (no waterparks):
$1,123.33 (no insurance included...yet)

Trip dates: 9/3-9/9 - Cost for 7 days, 6 nights at ASMu w/preferred room, free dining, 4-day park hopper (no waterparks):
$1,232.94 (no insurance included)

Difference: $109.61

Any thoughts?

The cost of a value preferred room per night in the cheap season is $109.61 ($97 plus tax) . I just ran it without tickets and buying just one night's hotel.

Room prices are based on having just 2 adults in the room. I think it is $10 per extra adult, so if you had 4 (or kids old enough to need adult tickets) you'd have to pay more than 2 adults taking a baby.

Are you trying to reduce the cost of your trip or just figure out the prices? If you drop the hoppers and preferred room you'd save a bit. We are doing 14 nights in ASMovies for $1910 in a regular room, 2 adults, one baby.

Silly me. I totally forgot that a preferred room was higher. That definitely explains the difference. :upsidedow

I was just curious to know how much it would be to add one more night.

Thanks!

i don't understand that one at all.

my package dropped in price by $51.98

last year i booked the bounce back package for this coming sept / oct trip.

i was looking over all the posts here this week and realized that there was a price difference.

i called and they looked at my reservation compared to this years promo to the general public.

they issued me a credit of $51.98 as the promo is cheaper than the bounce back package.

4 adults, 1 child
Ft Wilderness cabin
Sept 25 - Oct 4 (9nts)
Deluxe dining
7 day tix w/WPF&M

$5373.82

5 adults...how did they grow up so fast?:confused3
August 16-23
ASMu Family Suite
Deluxe Dining
8 day park hoppers+ water parks
$4588

9/19-9/28 POFQ (9 nights)
2 adults, 2 children
Deluxe dining upgrade from free dining
8 day park hoppers
insurance
$3525

Some of your deals look a lot better than mine but I priced it out online and got the same thing the TA did!

We can't wait! This is our first trip!

WL (Preferred/ Woods View)
7 nights: Sept 19 - Sept 26
6 days MYW w/Waterparks and More
2 adults
2 children
Free Dining...

$3438.73

Now the fun of the 90 day ADR!!!

HAHA----NOT looking foward to this at all...I actually got used to the 180 day ADRs and didn't mind it at all...Seems like a time cruch to me with the 90 day. ODD huh? 3 months prior and I freak out! LMAO!

I'll second both comments. From what I've heard here on the DISboards and DISboards podcasts, the whole process has become a nightmare! :scared1:

Ever since WDW changed to the new ADR computer program, I've heard nothing but BAD things. :mad: I just hope they have all of the bugs worked out before their whole system gets swamped with Free Dining ADR's!

I am excited with my deal!
I had originally booked:
2 Rooms at the Contemporary Tower MKV for Sept. 28-Oct.4
5 adults, 4 children
7 day park hopper w/water parks
Free dining
Room #1 $4655.01
Room#2 $4436.03

I thought this was great, but then I found:
BLT 2BR MKV
5 adults, 4 children
7 day park hopper w/water parks
Free dining
Total $8078.54

So I booked BLT and saved $1012.50!:cool1:

Is there somewhere where all of these shortened versions of hotels, etc.. are listed - like a reference for us who have no clue :confused3

For example, what is BLT 2BR MKV?

Thanks!!

We originally had for out trip:

November 4 - November 17, 13 nights
POFQ, standard room
10 day MYW with PH option
DDXP
Travel Insurance

Total = $5105.64

Now:

September 16 - September 29, 13 nights
POFQ, standard room
10 MYW with PH option
DDXP
Travel Insurance

Total = $3758.84
Total Savings = $1346.80 :cool1::banana::yay:

So even though I have to go in September instead of November which I prefer, the savings of over $1300 made the deal impossible to pass up.

Coronado Springs Resort (queen beds! :cool1:)
9/16-/9/27 (11 nts)- Std. view room
10 day MYW w/ park hopper
Upgraded to deluxe dining
2 adults, 1 child, 1 infant

3541.19:banana::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter