Post your favourite memories/stories from this forum

I've been around for a long, long time, and I remember (and miss) a lot of great, great threads.

Some really old classics:

1. Emu legs.
2. Bernie's Friday Places picture posts.
3. Blondie's Friday Ladies picture posts.
4. Eros' Friday Men's posts.

And I miss a lot of former regular posters here, who have drifted away, been banned, or have sadly passed away. I think of them often.

A couple of trip reporters I used to read a lot- Zzub and 1000thHappyHaunt (something like that).

Zzub's reports were awesome.

1000th used very short choppy sentences/fragments with great effect and I would find myself starting to think in fragments in my head. Also the use of the word "Ded." when something was funny.

Oh man, I had forgotten all about "Miss Information" and the peep pranks. And of course Jeafl's MIL!

Another one was a poster created by two funny women (took me a long time to figure it out), about an eccentric Brit with her assistant Yasmin. I can't remember the poster, but so many of us took her seriously at first, and "her" posts got more and more outrageous. Again, I was in stitches. She would say things like taking the kids out of the stroller so she could sit in it and be pushed, having Yasmin get on all fours so she could use her as a seat when she got tired. I think she was called something like Dixie Amos. Those posts were hilarious.

Wasn't the traveling companion named "Cuthbert?" He was also very much abused. :)

These already mentioned, and the one about the family who kept placing a fast food bag into a room in their home by way of a window! At least that's what I think I recall. Any links?

It was a neighbor down the street. All I remember is they were really odd people and the OP couldn't figure out why they were dropping paper bags in one of the bedroom windows. We all wanted the OP to go find out and she left and never posted again! :eek:

...I miss the Ya-Ya threads - especially Kama and her 'ham' pix....

A couple of trip reporters I used to read a lot- Zzub and 1000thHappyHaunt (something like that).

Zzub's reports were awesome.

These were the best. And the couple from Maine. Can't remember their names, though. Hilarious!

My favorites are mostly already mentioned here:

Delswife--Her stories filled me with joy.

Losing the swimsuit.

There was one about funny things kids say where the kid called it "Pirates Of the Can O' Beer." I still call it that.

Coffee pot Hotdog
Grilled cheese Iron
Wasn't there a thread about a couple who went to Disney specifically to "make babies" while multiple kids slept two feet away. Or was that the other disney board I was on ? And it was a really odd story from what I remember.

Some lady who may or may not have been pregnant and something about it changing from a girl to boy and she knew all this within weeks. Wish i could remember that one. We were at Disney at the time reading the boards as a nightly fun thing to find the craziest thing.

OMG and the person who washed baby poop off in those play fountains. She was a real treasure.

Family Cloth was a real eye opener and so so gross
Families changing babies on restaurant tables and why its okay and totally clean and normal.....
Lady who cried poor asking for christmas gifts and then posted asking how much she can get for things on craigslist.

Countless awesome trip reports that we've sat down and read.

And my favorite post right now is the lady on the singles board who was dating a child hating stoner who dumped her. Who left her kids at home and took the new boyfriend to an all expense paid trip to Disney . Which he hates, along with kids, and not being stoned.

Coffee pot Hotdog
Grilled cheese Iron
Wasn't there a thread about a couple who went to Disney specifically to "make babies" while multiple kids slept two feet away. Or was that the other disney board I was on ? And it was a really odd story from what I remember.

That WAS here, though I can't remember if the poster was specifically into "making babies" on vacation. I remember her wanting tips on how to "tend to her husband's needs" during her vacation while the kids were sleeping in the same room. :bitelip:

Anyway, one of my personal favorites was I think posted on one of those "Most embarrassing stories" threads. A woman was at a Disney water park with her kid and they were being silly and playing "Power Rangers" on the slides. Before her daughter went down the slide, she yelled "Pink Power!". Mom decided to follow suit, but the first color to pop out of her mouth was...unfortunate. She ended up yelling out "White Power!" before sliding down. Oh man, that had me rolling. I don't know why, but it made me laugh harder than the swimsuit fail story and the raccoon under the car seat story, even though it wasn't a long, lavishly detailed post.

...And my favorite post right now is the lady on the singles board who was dating a child hating stoner who dumped her. Who left her kids at home and took the new boyfriend to an all expense paid trip to Disney . Which he hates, along with kids, and not being stoned.

Link please - I must have a link. There's been precious little on the CB lately to really "invest" in, if you know what I mean. :wave2:

The crock pot and canned corn threads always were great. There were also a few "fake" members of the board. I think one was a duchess or something like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter