Post your favorite Character photo

A small treat to calm Sherwin. ;)

That's the picture I had Cinderella sign:

IMG_6274_kl.jpg

I've only asked one character for an autograph. It was Sleeping Beauty and I had her sign one of the lobby cards that the El Capitan Theatre had advertising the special screening of the film they did for the 50th Anniversary of the film. Not exactly an original item, but my card did have one unique thing to it.

The night before I had seen the film at the El Capitan and Mary Costa(the voice of Sleeping Beauty) had signed my card in the exact spot where this particular Sleeping Beauty normally signed pictures of herself. Realizing whose signature was there, and not skipping a beat, she told me that she would sign near the 3 Good Fairies and then commented that she wished they were there so I could have them sign the picture as well.

I actually don't have a picture of this time because I had taken a picture with a different Sleeping Beauty the night before and didn't want to deny somebody else a picture since she was in front of the Mickey floral before the parade and time was limited. I did get my autograph though.

I've only asked one character for an autograph. It was Sleeping Beauty and I had her sign one of the lobby cards that the El Capitan Theatre had advertising the special screening of the film they did for the 50th Anniversary of the film. Not exactly an original item, but my card did have one unique thing to it.

The night before I had seen the film at the El Capitan and Mary Costa(the voice of Sleeping Beauty) had signed my card in the exact spot where this particular Sleeping Beauty normally signed pictures of herself. Realizing whose signature was there, and not skipping a beat, she told me that she would sign near the 3 Good Fairies and then commented that she wished they were there so I could have them sign the picture as well.

I actually don't have a picture of this time because I had taken a picture with a different Sleeping Beauty the night before and didn't want to deny somebody else a picture since she was in front of the Mickey floral before the parade and time was limited. I did get my autograph though.

Do you have that framed? What an awesome thing to have! :goodvibes

Another Cinderella picture.

DSC00297.jpg

This was taken a few days ago at the DLH...
Pluto and my DD5 dancing with no one else around (what a great hotel for moments like this!)

IMG_1413.jpg

139627247-M-1.jpg

My daughter thought she was Minnie Mouse all day....so does this count as a character photo? ;)
139623574-M-1.jpg

I think your daughter is precious, and should definatley count as a character!

I am new to this board, lurking durning my planning for my first trip. Where are some of your favorite places to find characters?:goodvibes

One of the joys of Disneyland is that you can find the characters all over the park. While they do have some specific meet and greet locations ala WDW, you can also quite often find characters wandering about Main Street or in front of the Mickey floral by the park entrance.

You can also find characters in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot and near the front entrance of DCA. Most of the Pixar characters are found there, but Mickey and friends show up there quite often. On rare occasion, you can find a princess over there too.

One of the joys of Disneyland is that you can find the characters all over the park. While they do have some specific meet and greet locations ala WDW, you can also quite often find characters wandering about Main Street or in front of the Mickey floral by the park entrance.

You can also find characters in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot and near the front entrance of DCA. Most of the Pixar characters are found there, but Mickey and friends show up there quite often. On rare occasion, you can find a princess over there too.

I was wondering about this. I haven't gone to DL before but have to WDW more times than I can count. In WDW character greetings are done at scheduled times every day with usually pretty long lines...but all the pictures I have been seeing of characters at DL seem like they just walk around the park. This excites me :banana: but by doing it this way is it actually easier to take pictures with them or harder because more people approach them? :confused:

I was wondering about this. I haven't gone to DL before but have to WDW more times than I can count. In WDW character greetings are done at scheduled times every day with usually pretty long lines...but all the pictures I have been seeing of characters at DL seem like they just walk around the park. This excites me :banana: but by doing it this way is it actually easier to take pictures with them or harder because more people approach them? :confused:

In my experience, when the characters are out, they generally have some sort of line that forms by them. There usually is a CM with them that will form the line and tell you when they are getting ready to leave. Or sometimes they will cut off the line and not let anyone else in (when the characters have to leave.)

It's like Kayla's mom said.

Of course there's always someone who thinks they can bypass the line with their kids, but I guess that happens everywhere.

Last year a mom with her son was merrily ignoring the 15 people deep line to meet Donald. When I politely pointed out that there was a line she said "I paid a lot of money so that my son can see Donald." The matter was settled rather quickly when I told her: "So did I, but my mom did not help." ;)

I've seen some characters (mostly face ones) handle their own lines though. Cruella usually does, but I've seen Mrs. Incredible doing it to.

Meeting characters at WDW and Disneyland is a Catch 22. While WDW lacks the spontaneity of Disneyland, at least you know that when you get in line at WDW you will see the character. I have had multiple experiences when I've gotten in line to meet a character at the DLR out and about in the parks and the character has to go on break.

The CM handlers and/or face characters will usually tell you when they'll be back, but sometimes(such as the princesses in front of the Mickey floral) when they're gone, they're gone. The best thing to do is to get in line and if you find out they have to leave, ask when they'll be back and then return to that spot a few minutes early(thus being ready to jump in line as soon as they show up). I remain convinced that Disneyland character lines, even if you have to go back a second time, are shorter than WDW character lines(not counting the Princess Fantasy Faire and the Pixie Hollow areas).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter