Post Wasters-Be Our Guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know any good audition songs for High School Musical? It has to be from Broadway and saprano/mezzo.

LionKingDramaQueen said:
I am obsessed with Sorcerer Radio! ALL DISNEY MUSIC ALL DAY EVERY DAY! Please hold while I HYPERVENTILATE!

That's my fav radio on live365. I wish I could play it on my iPod like the other disney stations.

Anyone know any good audition songs for High School Musical? It has to be from Broadway and saprano/mezzo.

Which character will you be auditioning for?

A few good ones that demonstrate range, technique, breath support, overall voice, AND acting skills:

• Watch What Happens (Newsies the Musical) (This is a soprano song, but I am alto and can sing this song just as well.)
  • So Much Better (Legally Blonde the Musical) (A soprano/mezzo song; very upbeat and good for Sharpay or someone similar in voice)
  • Legally Blonde (Legally BLonde the Musical...obviously haha) (This is actually a duet, but the guy only has some minor harmony so it can just as easily be ignored; this song is a little slower, so maybe more Gabriella, but it also dramatic, so it could work with any character actually)

I will try to think of a few more and get back to you.

Which character will you be auditioning for?

A few good ones that demonstrate range, technique, breath support, overall voice, AND acting skills:

• Watch What Happens (Newsies the Musical) (This is a soprano song, but I am alto and can sing this song just as well.)
  • So Much Better (Legally Blonde the Musical) (A soprano/mezzo song; very upbeat and good for Sharpay or someone similar in voice)
  • Legally Blonde (Legally BLonde the Musical...obviously haha) (This is actually a duet, but the guy only has some minor harmony so it can just as easily be ignored; this song is a little slower, so maybe more Gabriella, but it also dramatic, so it could work with any character actually)

I will try to think of a few more and get back to you.

Thanks so much! :D I'm new to this theater so I'm really happy with whoever, but my top picks are Kelsie or Gabriella. Unforunately the studio just did Legally Blonde, so I don't think I will do that, but I will check out the Newsies. I am a soprano and looking for an upbeat song. Nothing too long or complicated, as It's last minute and my singing is a little rusty. Thanks again!:rockband:

Thanks so much! :D I'm new to this theater so I'm really happy with whoever, but my top picks are Kelsie or Gabriella. Unforunately the studio just did Legally Blonde, so I don't think I will do that, but I will check out the Newsies. I am a soprano and looking for an upbeat song. Nothing too long or complicated, as It's last minute and my singing is a little rusty. Thanks again!:rockband:
Good Luck or as they say in the theater Break A Leg.:goodvibes

Oh, that does make sense! What if someone's arms are really long now, that's not fair haha!

Schools near my area have actually made girls wear long tartan skirts going right down to their feet, because they wore their skirts so short. But it looks so hideous- the long skirt.

We get girls that doodle on their shirts and all sorts. I mean, don't they have any self respect lol! No one really has bright red as a natural hair colour- and by bright red I mean literally bright red, so unflattering. I mean, at least you dye your hair a more subtle, natural looking and pretty red (after all I don't think they died hair in Merida's days!)

We have heard a lot about the recent tragedies- so sad. I just find it unsettling that people carry guns around in their bags and things. We don't have many guns here. They are hard to obtain. But I've also heard about these horrible fights with blades and things.

Most people's accents here aren't the stereotypical ones you hear on the tv. They are quite hideous, some accents. I do speak a little posh but not much. We had Americans compliment us on our accents at WDW but I was like 'wow no your accents are better' lol.

What state do you live in then? Is it normally quite hot? Obviously if you had snow it can't be that warm. I feel healthier with a tan so it is a shame I am so pale. My friend is like you- she just doesn't tan.

I am surprised your lessons are so long! And also, I am surprised you don't do religious studies. I thought America was pretty religious generally. We here arent very religious and still must take the lesson.

I didn't know you stayed in school till you were 18! That is a long time especially to be doing maths (yuck). We leave school at 16 and either go on to college or sixth form I think. We only take four subjects so I want to take French, government and politics, economics and business studies. No maths for me! What on earth is social studies? We have PSHE which is about social issues so maybe it's like that.

Wow you take engineering- that's adventurous. Is that what you plan to do in the future? Many Brits are getting overweight too so we are catching up. I would say 3/5 people here are overweight. Oh, you mean a shawl? That would look quite glamourous with a dress! I'm surprised you don't get into trouble for breaking the dress code- I would be at my school.

Heya Wings! Actual nicknames are great. What is your actual name? Maybe you could get a nickname from that.

That sounds really cute. How old is a senior? Sorry lol I'm clueless. My village sixth form has to wear business dress like yours so men must wear suits and women smart dresses or suits.

Hello...! I'm meg, nice to meet you and happy new year :)

Me either. I like pretty dresses and skirts. Trousers are okay depending on whether they flatter me. I've had enough of uniform lol.

That is such a nice uniform Sam! It looks smart and comfortable. And I'm guessing it's you in it, you look really nice too :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Yeah I'm planning on being an engineer or an architect. It's a loooong time to be in school, and nope, I never get in trouble

Okay! Also, look into "Let Me Be Your Star" from SMASH. It is a duet, but I guess you could make it a solo by just singing all of it, and leaving out the alto harmony. Also, check out some Wicked songs. Lots of upbeat music. 'Popular' is a classic soprano one (very fun and upbeat) from Wicked but others may be doing it. Look at "The World Above" form The Little Mermaid on Broadway.

Also, "There's No Business Like Show Business" from Annie, Get Your Gun, "I Feel Pretty" from West Side Story, 'Wonderful Guy' and "Gonna Wash that Man Right Outta My Hair" from South Pacific, and 'I'm not at all in Love' from The Pajama Game.

If you need any other suggestions, just let me know! BREAK A LEG.

Fairywings said:
Well, I guess that would solve the problem. But I guess some schools don't really think about what their students will look like in the uniforms.

I mean, in my school we get some.........odd sorts but I haven't heard of some stuff you've said, like the drawing on shirts. When I read that I thought, "Is that really the most appropriate place for your artwork?" (I think the hair dying came later on)

It is really sad. Why would you at all think it was a good idea to go to a school and shoot children?! There are a lot of guns here. Too much in my opinion. That doesn't sound good. I think the fights at school are fistfights, but I have a feeling some of the boys at school probably own Swiss Army knives or something like that.

Oh really? That's interesting. And to think if we all lived in the same place then we'd all probably sound the same.

I'm in Texas, and it can get pretty hot in the summers. Last winter was actually pretty mild. But this winter is colder. And the winter before last, we had one week when me and my bro went to school on Monday, it snowed overnight so the buses couldn't drive on Tuesday, and there was still ice the rest of the week so we got four days out of school.

With the religion, it really depends on where you live. My parents tod me that when we first moved from Canada (when we first moved to America, I was two, and then when we moved to my current home I was three, so I don't remember much), they would meet somebody and they'd ask my parents what their name was and what church they went to. It surprised my parents because people went to church in Canada but they didn't talk about it or make it a big deal. Which makes me think that there's other places where it isn't such a big deal. We have a religious club of sorts, but no classes that I can think of.

How my classes work is that we have four one day, four different ones the second day, and then the first set on the third day, and it continues in a pattern. So, that is partially why we spend so much time on them, because we can. After we graduate at 18, we can go onto college, or a trade school, or something like that. We have to take our "core" classes (science, history, english , math), and tghen we get other types of classes like arts, other kinds of sciences(sociology, psychology), sports, home ec type courses, business, trade, the yearbook/newspaper, etc. Social studies is basically history, but it can also involve geography.

Well, um, that's kind of why I have a nickname, because I'm not exactly allowed to use my nane on the internet. Unfortunately, all my real life nicknames are derived(spelling?) from my first name.

Senior is the top grade, 12th grade. They typicaly reach 18 that school year, unless they were born in the summer or something like that.

I don't usually mind my uniform so much because I can still dress sort of how I like and still stay within the boundaries. Plus we can wear our school t-shirts on Fridays and occasionally we get days where we can wear jeans. Shirts still have to be tucked in, but it's still nice.

Haha, I know. I just think don't you have any self dignity' when they doodle all over their clothes. I know, it's so tragic and awful. It was in the headlines here but even more so because one of the boys killed had moved to America from the UK to have a better life. :( Yeah, see knives are pretty prominent here. We hear of lots of stabbings on the news, and guns are really hard to get, so knife crime tends to be far more.

Oh my goodness, Texas is hot, surely it can't snow! I mean it's TEXAS!!! Our country deals terribly with snow so we usually end up missing school when it snows. The whole country literally comes to a standstill.

Okay- asking people about churches does seem really unordinary to me. If someone asked that here they'd probably get a funny look or two because many people don't go to church. It seems quite rude to me, but then just because we like to be quiet about our religious beliefs. Is Canada quite religious too? I think of the US and Canada as being really similar lol.

That's interesting that history is a core subject for you, it is actually a choice for us. But we don't get the choice of psychology, and my school doesn't offer sociology :( . Aww wow you have a yearbook! That is awesome! Lol.

Oh, that's a shame. I put my first name out but nothing else really. If you're wondering, I am perfectly safe and most definitely 16. (Sorry, just saying that because I get paranoid about these things too). ;)

We get one day a year where we can wear jeans- Jeans for Genes day. We have to pay £1 each to do it but it does go to charity so it's good.

Ditz said:
Since the weekend is approaching does anyone have any plans? I think I might go shopping with my friends, but that isn't etched in stone.

Have fun with your friends if you go! I am revising for my upcoming history and French exams but am also going shopping in Cambridge and it has some amazing shops! We got trivial pursuit recenly which I fail at might I add lol. So we may play that. I am also making some more hairbows- I sell them and am saving up for WDW, trying to save £500.

Haha, I know. I just think don't you have any self dignity' when they doodle all over their clothes. I know, it's so tragic and awful. It was in the headlines here but even more so because one of the boys killed had moved to America from the UK to have a better life. :( Yeah, see knives are pretty prominent here. We hear of lots of stabbings on the news, and guns are really hard to get, so knife crime tends to be far more.

Oh my goodness, Texas is hot, surely it can't snow! I mean it's TEXAS!!! Our country deals terribly with snow so we usually end up missing school when it snows. The whole country literally comes to a standstill.

Okay- asking people about churches does seem really unordinary to me. If someone asked that here they'd probably get a funny look or two because many people don't go to church. It seems quite rude to me, but then just because we like to be quiet about our religious beliefs. Is Canada quite religious too? I think of the US and Canada as being really similar lol.

That's interesting that history is a core subject for you, it is actually a choice for us. But we don't get the choice of psychology, and my school doesn't offer sociology :( . Aww wow you have a yearbook! That is awesome! Lol.

Oh, that's a shame. I put my first name out but nothing else really. If you're wondering, I am perfectly safe and most definitely 16. (Sorry, just saying that because I get paranoid about these things too). ;)

We get one day a year where we can wear jeans- Jeans for Genes day. We have to pay £1 each to do it but it does go to charity so it's good.

Yeah. That sucks, it really does.

It has snowed a few times since we've lived here. Not every winter, but I think maybe four, five winters, something like that. Yeah, we basically shut down here too.

My family doesn't really go to church. I don't think so, as far as I know anyway. I guess if you've brought up religion into the conversation already, then it's okay to talk about it, but otherwise, it's kinda weird. The impression I got from my parents is that it wasn't really talked about, people just went.

Hmm. That's strange. Of course, you have it over and over again, so you kinda remember it. I've taken the country's history and state history(thank goodness my state's history is at least a little interesting), and this year for the first time I'm taking World History. I'm not sure if I'll take Psychology or not. We'll see. Yeah, yearbooks are pretty cool, but I can't get a high school one until my last year, because they're expensive.

It's okay. I'm still thinking about it and if I think of anything I'll definitely post it here.

I don't think there's anything wrong with paying if it goes to charity.

Have fun with your friends if you go! I am revising for my upcoming history and French exams but am also going shopping in Cambridge and it has some amazing shops! We got trivial pursuit recenly which I fail at might I add lol. So we may play that. I am also making some more hairbows- I sell them and am saving up for WDW, trying to save £500.

Good luck with the hairbows. That sounds like a really awesome business.

I and my BFF always has fun at the Mall even if we only do window show and just try on a million things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter