Post Pictures of Tent Camping @ FW

The very sad thing here is that BigdaddyRog knows exactly what a bingo stamper looks like...it took me a minute to figure out what he was taking about...lol...just kidding. :clown:

My DH and I are also tent camping for the first time in May. These forums have been awesome! What dates are you going? We are leaving town 04/29 but making a couple pit stops and won't be to FW till 05/05. If you will be back before we leave I would LOVE to know how your trip went and any tips you might have for another first timer!
HAVE FUN!!!

We are arriving on April 7th so I am sure I will have plenty to tell you.

We are arriving on April 7th so I am sure I will have plenty to tell you.

Awesome! Also, this is your first time EVER tent camping? Well, definitely set up your tent and seal it. That is probably the best advice you've been given. We also seal ours every year. If you haven't already.... get a little rug for outside the tent door and take a broom and dustpan with you. Also, put a tarp under your tent before you set it up. One that is the same size or slightly smaller than your tent. They are really cheap and you can pick one up anywhere. Also, more good advice already given is too make sure nothing is touching the side of the tent, in case it does rain. HAVE FUN!!! DH and I can't wait!

It's the Lewis and Clark Fold and Go Camp Kitchen. Coleman has a similar one but a lot more expensive. I gave it a test drive and left it out on our deck for two weeks in the rain and sun and never got a rust spot. It's good quality. I had originally seen them at Sam's Club but they sold out before I gave in. So I ordered mine from some place on the internet....can't remember the store.

Did you look at the GSI Camp Gourmet Kitchen?? I saw that one online as well. I'm pretty much torn between the 2 (L&C vx. GSI). We're going camping for a wk in Upstate NY this July (near Niagara) w/ the step-kids. I'm thinking having one of these will be a good idea. We've only ever camped for a w/e (max 2 nights), so we haven't needed it yet. But with having Disney close (again, after some moving around), it will also come in handy there, since they don't like you to have fire-rings.

If anyone has one of these 2 kitchens and will be at FW between now & the end of May, would you mind letting us come and check them out before we buy???? If not, that's fine. Thanks!!

The very sad thing here is that BigdaddyRog knows exactly what a bingo stamper looks like...it took me a minute to figure out what he was taking about...lol...just kidding. :clown:

Darnit.............I thought I slid by without anyone really noticing that!!!! Yes, it's true the DW and I used to go to wednesday night bingo every week and get plastered with all the blue haired broads...those old women can party pretty hard.....we used to have a blast....we NEVER, EVER won anything though, and its a good thing...them grannys would put the voodoo on ya if ya took their jackpot!!!:scared:

I have a greatland that I've been using for a few years now. The first time we went camping there we had a kiddie 6x6 two pole pop up....LOL. The next time we found a greatland on clearance, I think it's a 5-6 person tent. I found another one a year or so later when I was going to bring my mom and brother (trip got canceled but I held on to it). The last time we went camping I left the tent and a couple of things on the table or we were going to be late for lunch at canada. When we got back it was gone with the few other things.

I have got caught in the rain more than once in my greatland and it's been fine, and little water in the corners but leave a few towels around the edge to soak it up. Home depot sells a double pack of tarps for like 15$. Throw it over the top and works great. But I originally did it for the air conditioner to keep the cold in. If your not big on using the table or bring along a card table, you can use it to hold the A.C. and the fridge on the other end. generally we use the tail gate of the truck because it fits perfectly up to the window. or else you have the table legs pushing the tent inwards.

We plan on going camping soon, so I'll show you pictures of our hook-up. And I'd never go again with out our window A.C.

Darnit.............I thought I slid by without anyone really noticing that!!!! Yes, it's true the DW and I used to go to wednesday night bingo every week and get plastered with all the blue haired broads...those old women can party pretty hard.....we used to have a blast....we NEVER, EVER won anything though, and its a good thing...them grannys would put the voodoo on ya if ya took their jackpot!!!:scared:

Wow, drinking is allowed at bingo where your at????? That is one of the biggest no no's at the few bingos we have here.

Oh heck yeah.....I would NEVER subject myself to bingo without getting at least 2 sheets to the wind, if not all 3 sheets!!! We can still smoke inside too.....for now. These are a few reasons I can't leave New Orleans...no, not bingo and blue haired grannies......liquor and tobacco!!!!

I'm loving this thread! We always camp for Thanksgiving at a nearby campground, but I am trying to convince DH to try Fort Wilderness for our Thanksgiving trip in the near future. I actually prefer tent camping... it feels more like camping to me.

I'm loving this thread! We always camp for Thanksgiving at a nearby campground, but I am trying to convince DH to try Fort Wilderness for our Thanksgiving trip in the near future. I actually prefer tent camping... it feels more like camping to me.

Off topic for just a minute...Dallas Lady I love your digital scrapbooking pictures, I'm really wanting to get into that also.
I wish we would have taken pictures of our house before and after... our back yard was a forest whenever we moved in, it would have been neat to see it then and now. I can barely remember now.

Off topic for just a minute...Dallas Lady I love your digital scrapbooking pictures, I'm really wanting to get into that also.
I wish we would have taken pictures of our house before and after... our back yard was a forest whenever we moved in, it would have been neat to see it then and now. I can barely remember now.

No kidding....Ive never thought of scrapping like that....its such a chicks hobby, but your page looks GREAT!! Daughter's adorable, too!!!

Awww, thanks guys :) I actually learned how to do it here on the DIS. This site is good for everything. I think it's way easier than traditional scrapbooking.

That is so cool! I've always wanted to do scrapbooking and I've never thought about doing digitally. I think I may try it :thumbsup2 Oh, BTW, your daughter is adorable!

Ok, ok, so I contributed to the off topic but it had nothing to do with White Castle or Krystal. ;) I guess I'll rectify it and put it back on topic :)

Here's another angle of site 1501: (notice the screen house is slightly off the pad, not a large area).

Site1501-d.jpg

We're planning on tent camping for the first time at Fort Wilderness Thanksgiving 2009 (first time at FW, not first time tent camping).

Tent Camping Momma can you post more pictures of your campsite and tell me what kind of tents you're using.
thanks

We are now using the Copper Canyon 1512 by Eureka. We purchased it last fall. In post #9 the first picture is an old Coleman Weathermaster 9x12. The second picture is the Copper Canyon. The room is unbelievable for just the three of us and it is so easy to set up. I love the feel of openness that the huge windows provide too.

It's late tonight so I'll look through my pictures and see if I can find any better shots tomorrow.
In the meantime, here's the link to that post in case you missed it:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=22903364&postcount=9

Tentcampingmom or anyone who can answer......two questions:
1. Where do you find the Mickey Mouse lights for the campsite?

2. I have a big tent(Kelty 6 person) and a screen house. I have requested the 1500 loop. Will those campsites in 1500 be too small for these two things? I am an experienced tent camper but never camped at FW before.

3. I will be camping in June. Will the fridge keep your stuff cold with the hot temps outside? I am concerned that I will spend a fortune on ice.

4. How do you keep a tent cool at night while you are sleeping in Orlando? I was just going to buy a basic fan. Also, are the sites in loop 2000 shaded?

Tentcampingmom or anyone who can answer......two questions:
1. Where do you find the Mickey Mouse lights for the campsite?

The Mickey Mouse lights can be found at most any store at WDW. The trading posts at the Fort sell them, the World of Disney, and the Christmas Shoppes. Of course, the pumpkin Mickey's can usually only be found in October. The rest of the year they have bright multicolor, around Easter they are Pastel, and I think they have a Hannakah version

2. I have a big tent(Kelty 6 person) and a screen house. I have requested the 1500 loop. Will those campsites in 1500 be too small for these two things? I am an experienced tent camper but never camped at FW before.

Loop 1500 is iffy on sizes. I've stayed in 1503 (good sized, but I had smaller tents then), 1506, (Narrow, narrow, tree in bad spot) and 1517 (good sized, but again smaller tents then)

3. I will be camping in June. Will the fridge keep your stuff cold with the hot temps outside? I am concerned that I will spend a fortune on ice.

I've used fridges only in the cooler months, but didn't have a problem. You definitely will use a lot of ice if you have only a cooler. The ice from the machines at the Fort is not frozen "hard" so melts quickly

4. How do you keep a tent cool at night while you are sleeping in Orlando? I was just going to buy a basic fan. Also, are the sites in loop 2000 shaded

My friends used only a fan this past October and were comfortable. Some folks have used inexpensive window airconditioners and zipped it into one of the doors of the tent

?

I hope this helps!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter