• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post family Disney-theme night ideas HERE!

Here's our Brave movie night... pretty low key as it was semi-last minute!

Screen+shot+2014-07-11+at+11.00.21+AM.png

The menu:
"Bear" Brats
"Highland" Ham (aka. bacon)
"Castle" Cabbage
"Triplet" 'Taters
"King Fergus'" Fruit & Cream
Scottish Sweet Buns
"Witch's Brew"

Crafts:
Shield Decorating
The Cast of Brave

IMG_3209.jpg

Here's the craft for the wee one. She loves anything that has to do with coloring :) I cut out some crude shields from construction paper, slapped on a few rhinestones (which the wee one promptly removed, lol), and let her color away!

IMG_3222.JPG

Here's the spread! Again, really simple this time around. Just a plaid throw, some Celtic fabric, and a green felt table runner. I also threw on some Celtic ribbon, a Celtic candle, and a few goblets.

IMG_3223.jpg

Here's the menu, a close up of some of the decorations, the cast of Brave (playset printed out from Disney Family) and of course I had to pull out one of my Breyer horses from my youth to stand in for Angus!

IMG_3225.JPG

On the left is "King Fergus'" Fruit & Cream- peaches from our local farmer's market with fresh whipped cream. Then DH's plate on the right of "Bear" Brats (bratwursts), "Highland" Ham (aka. bacon), and "Castle" Cabbage (just standard cooked cabbage).

IMG_3226.JPG

On the left are the "Triplet" 'Taters- just breakfast potatoes topped with parmesan. To the right are the Scottish Sweet Buns as well as the "Witch's Brew" which was nothing special, just whatever we were drinking that night, but in a festive goblet!! :)

IMG_3227.jpg

Last, but certainly not least, Scottish Sweet Buns: recipe from Disney Family. We used oat flour to make them gluten free, left out the walnuts as we're waiting to introduce nuts to the wee princess, and just used our standard cake frosting recipe for the topping- delish!!!

Last night we did Lion King

We had Simba's Cub Sandwiches and Pumba Ribs

Pride Rocks, Crunchy Savana Grass, Asante Sana Sliced Banana's, Rafiki's Staffs

Pumba Punch

Timon & Pumba's Grub Cups, Savana Banana Pudding

After Dinner we paused the movie and had a backyard safari before dessert. :happytv:

Screen+shot+2014-07-13+at+9.13.01+AM.png

* clipart from: classroomclipart.com *

So last night's Family Movie Night was The Emperor's New Groove! Does anyone else feel like it almost has a more "Pixar" feel to it than traditional Disney? Either way, I have to say, I think it's one of Disney's funniest movies! I love it :) So we settled on the movie mostly because corn on the cob season has reached us here in the south, and that is my favorite food group! So at our local Farmer's Market, we picked up some corn on the cob, and built our meal and movie around that!

Menu:
Peruvian-style Ribs
Peruvian-style Porkchops
Kronk's Corn on the Cob
Chica's Cucumber Salad
Chaca y Tipo's Arroz y Frijoles (Rice & Beans)
Pacha's Peach Salad
Kuzco's Poison
(the latter most is not pictured... nothing special, it was whatever we were drinking that night!)

Crafts:
Decorate Pacha's Hut & Kuzco's Palace

And here's the photos!

Starting out, here's our craft for the evening... wee princess got a head start ;) I used my Cricut to cut out the castle and cottage images.
IMG_3510.jpg

Next up, the spread! Complete with "Incan drawings" as DH called it and an alpaca-yarn poncho. I decorated the table with rich silky "royalty" colors, if you will, and added the bright red table runner as that's the color he wears as king. There's also a pile of jewels (bottom right corner- shown better in a later picture) to represent Kuzco's wealth.
IMG_3518.JPG

Here's our dessert and appetizers: Pacha's Peach Salad (local peaches, cherries, and blackberries, topped with whipped local cream- yum!) and Kronk's (also local!) Corn on the Cob
IMG_3514.JPG

And we've got the menu, along with homages to the llama and squirrel in the background, and can't forget the jaguar! One of my favorite scenes... "HA!... no touchy..."
IMG_3520.jpg

Here's Chica's Cucumber Salad. Again, the cucumbers were also local! We had a great haul at the farmer's market that morning! In the background is DH's Peruvian-style Porkchops. Local chops done up with a Peruvian rub.
IMG_3521.jpg

DH's (yet again local) Peruvian-style Ribs, done with the same rub as the porkchops.
IMG_3522.jpg

Here's Arroz y Frijoles de Chaca y Tipo (Chaca & Tipo's Rice & Beans)- sorry, forgot to uncover those for the photo, whoops!
IMG_3523.JPG

Couldn't forget to photograph "Kuzco's Poison!" These were probably my favorite decoration, hehe... oh and here's the pile of jewels.
IMG_3525.jpg

And here's the "Incan drawings" hehe... anyone recognize this scene?! :)
IMG_3526.jpg
IMG_3527.jpg

Does anyone have any ideas for princess sofia and handy manny? Or other ideas for doc mcstuffins?

We did a Wreck-It-Ralph movie night recently, here's my blog post about it. We're trying to do one a week before our trip, so I've put all of my ideas in one spot on the website, and I'm slowly going through and adding printables and pictures as I get to them.

Tonight we are doing Beauty and the Beast. We are having Roast Beast, Belles greens, homemade French fries, French bread, and a Belle doll cake. Coming home from the grocery store we realized we don't know where our Beauty and the Beast movie is - great!

So for the gray stuff, I mixed cool whip, pistachio pudding mix and then I added food coloring until it was gray. It was delicious!

Tonight we had a Hercules night. For food there was a giant hero, bunches of grapes, and some non thematic chips.

Dessert was my husband's idea - ambrosia. The food of the gods!

For a project my oldest daughter drew Mt. Olympus on a very large piece of paper and we each made our own god. My youngest needed help drawing but had fun coming up with ideas.

I completely forgot to post our June movie night on this thread! :scared1: It has been our favorite one by far...because our activity was a RIOT, and the movie is simply awesome. :goodvibes

Invitation:

My girls and I had a lot of fun with the decorations:

For our activity we all did some sort of wacky talent. My DD12 sang and danced to "Fabulous" from High School Musical 2:

"Animal" showed up to play the drums for us:

I sang "Pirate's Life for Me":

"Gonzo" did magic tricks:

DD14 told jokes:

"Beeker" did a cool lab experiment:

And DS danced to the Jonas Brother's renditon of "I Wanna Be Like You" from Jungle Book:

It was SO MUCH FUN! Next we had dinner. Swedish Chef's Meatballs and Noodles:

It's Not Easy Being Green Veggies:

And the star of the show that night...Rainbow Connection Cake:

That cake was so fabulous! The layers were flavored and colored with Jello, the frosting was a combination of whipped cream AND cream cheese...so yummy!

We had no chance to do a July movie night, but we will be having our August one right away to make up for it.... this Saturday!

I completely forgot to post our June movie night on this thread! :scared1: It has been our favorite one by far...because our activity was a RIOT, and the movie is simply awesome. :goodvibes

I really wish the DIS had "Like" buttons. All of you have posted such great ideas deserve to know people are reading and liking them. My DS is only 2 but I'm keeping a lot of these ideas for when he's a couple years older. So much fun!

Tonight Hubby surprised us with Bangers & Mash with gravy and chocolate chip ice cream - movie? 101 Dalmations!

This weekend was our Ratatouille movie night with our cruise buddies. Another fun one for the books, and the food was OUT OF THIS WORLD DELICIOUS!

Invitation:

My girls prepping some of the food:

Isn't this just so pretty?

Decorations:

and THE FOOD:

Chef's hats were the craft for the night:

Then my kiddos got ahold of the camera and loaded it up with selfies and random pictures:

My favorite by far, taken by my 8 yr old DS:

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao:

And the final photo of the finished craft:

Yes, they were pretty hyper by that time. :thumbsup2

Great idea Queenie! I will add it to the index. This is one of the few Disney movies I have yet to see, but this sounds like a fun way to do it. The flashlight tag is perfect for summer, too!

There is an index? I have a list of movies I would like to do, but there are A LOT of pages on here.

We did 101 Dalmatians this weekend. :happytv:

Entree
Perdita's Pie (Shepherd Pie)
Corn Dog Puppies

Sides
Wagging Tails and Spots (Pasta Salad)
Cruella Devilled Eggs
Dog Bones
Patches Pupcorn

Drink
Pongo's Punch

Dessert
Puppy Chow
Dalmatian Paw Print Pupcakes (White cake mix with mini Chocolate Chips added)

We also made Dalmation puppets out of white lunch sacks.

Created this blog not too long ago to countdown to my Disneymoon. Enjoy and I hope you can benefit from some of my ideas! It's on onceforeverafter at blogspot

We did Fox and the Hound last night. It was a long and crazy week so I kind of took the lazy way out :rolleyes1

We had Copper's Hen House Fried Chicken (from KFC)

Todd's Tater Salad (From the Grocery Store)

Chicken Feed (corn)

Dog Biscuits (From KFC)

Abigail's Chocolate Milk (Store bought, I told you I went really lazy ;) )

Amos Slade's Bear Claws (I was planning on buying bear claws but when I got to the store they were out so I had the idea in the store to get the small chocolate covered doughnuts and put almond slivers in for the claws :rotfl2: )

I had bought a kit to make friendship bracelets but it was way too complicated so we scrapped that idea and just watched the movie. :confused3 :happytv: popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter