• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post family Disney-theme night ideas HERE!

We did Fox and the Hound last night. It was a long and crazy week so I kind of took the lazy way out :rolleyes1

We had Copper's Hen House Fried Chicken (from KFC)

Todd's Tater Salad (From the Grocery Store)

Chicken Feed (corn)

Dog Biscuits (From KFC)

Abigail's Chocolate Milk (Store bought, I told you I went really lazy ;) )

Amos Slade's Bear Claws (I was planning on buying bear claws but when I got to the store they were out so I had the idea in the store to get the small chocolate covered doughnuts and put almond slivers in for the claws :rotfl2: )

I had bought a kit to make friendship bracelets but it was way too complicated so we scrapped that idea and just watched the movie. :confused3 :happytv: popcorn::

Nice. :) I've had days like that too. Just watch the movie lol

Now that Sleeping Beauty has been released from the vault is anyone planning, or have you had a Sleeping Beauty movie night? I am working on planning one. I bought the movie today, but have to sort out what to do for it!

Some food ideas I'm tossing around:

Berry baskets (waffle cone bowls w/ fresh berries) - so cute! Will probably definitely do!

Spinning Wheel pizzas - decorate your own

Croque Monsieur (grilled cheese & ham sandwiches)

Crepes

A pink and blue cake

Petite Fours or pretzel rods in the fairies colors

Choose Pink or Blue drinks (add pink or blue Crystal Light or the like to Sprite, or even sparkling wine for mom and dad!)

Anyone else have any great ideas?

Now that Sleeping Beauty has been released from the vault is anyone planning, or have you had a Sleeping Beauty movie night? I am working on planning one. I bought the movie today, but have to sort out what to do for it!

Berry baskets (waffle cone bowls w/ fresh berries) - so cute! Will probably definitely do!

Crepes

A pink and blue cake

Choose Pink or Blue drinks (add pink or blue Crystal Light or the like to Sprite, or even sparkling wine for mom and dad!)

I have been thinking that when we get around to SLeeping beauty we would do "Pillows" aka Gnocchi/ ravioli and "Fairy Wands" aka pocky

On a side note here is a link to my Snow White Night over on my PTR. (DOn't feel like posting it twice. I have a Toy Story 2 to post as well soon.)

I have been thinking that when we get around to SLeeping beauty we would do "Pillows" aka Gnocchi/ ravioli and "Fairy Wands" aka pocky

Very cute idea! The Pocky is way easier than pretzel rods! and you can get the strawberry/pink ones! I think I'm torn between a French theme and themed movie food if that makes sense.

Very cute idea! The Pocky is way easier than pretzel rods! and you can get the strawberry/pink ones! I think I'm torn between a French theme and themed movie food if that makes sense.

I'm saving the french theme for Beauty and the Beast. It actually references french food (vaguely)

Crepes

A pink and blue cake

Hey! Here is the menu we just put together!
-Aurora's Spinning Wheels topped with Crispy Dragon Tenders (Compliments of Prince Philip)-->I'm topping the wagon wheel pasta with alfredo sauce and baked chicken parm strips

-A Woodland Bowl-->salad :)

-Fire-Breath Bread-->melty, cheesy garlic bread

-Envy Juice-->Either sprite with green food coloring or I have an excellent green punch

For dessert and to snack on during movie time:
-Briar Rose's Berry-Basket Shake-->Strawberry Milkshake (a waffle cone would be good crunched up in it!)

-Make it Pink, Make it Blue Wands-->drizzle the strawberry pocky with blue candy melts

We Just did our first Disney theme night tonight

Movie: Sleeping Beauty

Menu: malificent's wicked spaghetti

Sides: Dragon toasted French bread

Prince Phillips Green Beans

Desserts:

Aurora berry baskets- strawberries, blueberries. Whipped cream round bakery shells ( kinda like a an angel cake round with a hole in the middle)

Fairies Sugar Cookies

Activites:

Colored and made paper crowns

Plastic sword practice

Coloring sheets

Faith, Trust, and..PIXIE DUST.

We just had our first movie night in preparation for our March trip. We try to do one every 10 days. The theme of this one was Frozen.
Here is our menu:

AKA: tuna melts, sauteed mushrooms, carrots, hot chocolate, and ice cream sundaes.

Here is a picture of our table:

And one of the "Olaf" inspired sundae - didn't quite turn out like I envisioned.

I had some coloring pages that the kids did and some other printables that were free from DMR.

Tonight was our Monsters University party. I didn't make a menu for this one (ran out of time), but we had Monster Sandwiches, stinging glow urchins (aka raspberries), and Mike & Sully inspired cupcakes.

A couple of the "toxic" children jumped into this photo:

As you can see, we own quite a few MU plush characters. ;) While I assembled the food, the kids did some coloring pages (seen above) and made their own MU student IDs.

This post is amazing!! I'm planning my first theme night this weekend. We're doing Incredibles. I got so many ideas from here! I hope it picks back up and more people start posting again soon!! :goodvibes

I'm so glad that I remembered this thread. We are counting down to our trip and I want to do a Disney movie every week. This thread has so many awesome ideas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter