• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post family Disney-theme night ideas HERE!

Here's some Wreck-It Ralph ideas... Hope they help!

Dinner ideas:
- Ralph's Meatloaf brick (Fix-It-Felix Jr)
- Surge Protector Sliders (Game Central Station)
- Dr Eggman Salad (Sonic)
- Onion Rings or some other "ring" type food (Sonic)
- Cherries (Pacman)
- Root Beer (Tapper)
- Sour Bill's Lemonade (Sugar Rush)

Dessert ideas:
- Power-boosting Pie (baked by Nicelanders in Fix-it-Felix Jr)
- Wynnchel & Duncan donuts (Donut Policemen of Sugar Rush)

Activities:
- Earn Hero medals
- Play video games
- Make & decorate graham cracker go-karts (with candy from Sugar Rush)
- Diet coke & mento eruptions (OUTSIDE)
- Watch Wreck-It Ralph

I'm sure I can think of more... But my brain is fried right now!

Here's some Wreck-It Ralph ideas... Hope they help!

Dinner ideas:
- Ralph's Meatloaf brick (Fix-It-Felix Jr)
- Surge Protector Sliders (Game Central Station)
- Dr Eggman Salad (Sonic)
- Onion Rings or some other "ring" type food (Sonic)
- Cherries (Pacman)
- Root Beer (Tapper)
- Sour Bill's Lemonade (Sugar Rush)

Dessert ideas:
- Power-boosting Pie (baked by Nicelanders in Fix-it-Felix Jr)
- Wynnchel & Duncan donuts (Donut Policemen of Sugar Rush)

Activities:
- Earn Hero medals
- Play video games
- Make & decorate graham cracker go-karts (with candy from Sugar Rush)
- Diet coke & mento eruptions (OUTSIDE)
- Watch Wreck-It Ralph

I'm sure I can think of more... But my brain is fried right now!

Those are AWESOME! Thanks!

I've started a Pinterest page for Wreck it Ralph if anyone's interested in following. I found a few more ideas.

pinterest(dot)com/lisa_cox/wreck_it_ralph_party

DBF & I are starting our own Disney movie night countdowns! I wanted to do them for our last trip but didn't really get around to it. We don't have kids so it's just us being 2 big kids :goodvibes

We are also in the process of looking for a house so we don't have a real table to decorate :( We will be whipping up some yummy food though!

I took a picture of our menu beside our countdown board tonight. We will be enjoying The Princess & The Frog on Monday evening! I can't wait :yay:

mn_zps3148af15.jpg

Glad we are not the only ones. It is just DH and I (both early/mid 40s) and our kids are grown so we do movie nights for just us. Sometimes the kids (23 & 24) join us. We don't do a craft but normally go around and state what we want to do on an upcoming trip to WDW or a favorite memory!

We just got back into the swing of our monthly movie nights since the holidays. This weekend we had A Bug's Life.

The invitation:
009_zps37209e95.jpg

Decorations:
003-1_zpsac436693.jpg

004-1_zps2739f387.jpg

Food:
010_zpscb2fdec4.jpg

011_zps29cdbf6c.jpg

006_zps84a1a0a4.jpg

007_zpsf2576b1f.jpg

008_zpse4a07f15.jpg

005-1_zps93cca044.jpg

Artists at work:
013_zps10fd6af5.jpg

Finished masterpieces:
017_zps67706440.jpg

DS6 had a blast playing with the "decorations" while the movie was on:
020_zps77dddef1.jpg

018_zps0bd357cc.jpg

And our next movie night: (pardon the disheveled looking "model" :rotfl:)
012_zps2677decd.jpg

Well, I have created a document of movie nights we have already done and will do until our next trip. It has a little over 20 movie themes. If you want to PM me your email address I can send it to you. Also, if you are on Pinterest, I have a Disney Movie Night board with links for recipes, decoration ideas and crafts pinned to it. I can PM you my name to find my Pinterest boards if you want me to.
I would love to have your list, but it won't let me PM you. Can you PM me and then I can relpy with my email address?

We're starting our countdown to our trip to WDW in June :)

I convinced DH to do a movie night on the first Saturday of each month until we leave. Woo hoo! I mentioned doing some related food and maybe an activity and he was okay with it. Very excited.

I'm thinking of doing Lilo and Stitch for the first movie. ODD is 6 and MDD is 3; I think it will be good for both of them. And, we've been watching a lot of Imagination Movers and Nina is from Hawaii - and they love Nina!

I look forward to looking back at all of your wonderful ideas :)

Tonight for our Disney Dinner and Movie Night we watched "The Lion King."

DSCN0065_zpsfc8b8783.jpg

DSCN0064_zps70c1a3a8.jpg

Dinner was so yummy, I think the best yet but the kiddos would disagree lol but other than the Zebra meat they liked everything else. & btw I absoultly love my new Cruella mug I bought a the Disney Store for only $5.99!!! (=

DSCN0066_zps787dca55.jpg

DSCN0067_zpsd1da0a8d.jpg

For our craft we did animal mask, but unfortunately I didn't notice the package of mask did not come with string so we couldn't actually wear them but still had lots of fun tho ( :

DSCN0070_zps27f02c00.jpg

And for our activity we had a Safari Scavenger Hunt! The kids really enjoyed this even tho it was simple as hiding savannah animals and cheap on the budget. Here is my DD Alexis (who will be 5 next month!) searching for the safari animals :-)

DSCN0077_zps5ae7250c.jpg

DSCN0079_zpsadd07632.jpg

And the boys had lots of fun too! =D

DSCN0082_zps984be468.jpg

DSCN0084_zpsb3474f70.jpg

DSCN0086_zps9d203669.jpg

Next week's Disney Dinner & Movie Night is.......101 Dalmatians (my DD is sooooo excited!)
:yay:

We are going to Disney World in June and I promised my two DD (9 and 3) that we would have a Disney movie night every Friday until we leave. I have been planning and planning to make themed menus and used tons of ideas that I found here! And the hubs is totally on board and has promised to get into it just as much as the rest of us!

So tonight was the first night...Cinderella!

I made a banner that said 'Dreams really do come true!' and put it above the doorway to our dining room. I bought a Cinderella party tablecover and covered the table. I found a Disney Princess Snow mobile craft on the Disney Family website as well as some tiny crowns. DD9 and I cut them all out (setting aside the other princesses for their own nights) and hung them above our buffet. I decorated the buffet with my girls' Cinderella dolls, books, and castle.

While I cooked, the girls colored Cinderella pictures (also from Disney Family).

The menu? Some ideas came from here and several blogs that I adapted.

Castle sandwiches (PBJ)
Le Cellier Steaks (I know-wrong pavilion-but I needed a fancy name)
Princess Pasta Salad
Midnight Potatoes (just baked potatoes-again, cute name necessary)
Bippity Boppity Brew (strawberry lemon Hawaiian punch, Sprite)
Princess Floats (the same brew, but over ice cream-YUMMM!)

Of course, the 3 year old wouldn't touch the Bippity Boppity Brew and preferred milk but she and sister had cute Cinderella cups to drink from.

After dinner, I surprised them all with the Disney Scene It! Magical Moments game that I had ordered and hidden from them. We are watching the movie right now and will be playing the game afterwards...if everyone is still awake. It may have to wait until tomorrow night.

I typed the menu and included Cinderella clipart. I also included the crafts and activities that we did (the mobile, coloring sheets, and Scene It! game) so everyone knew what was in store for the evening. At the top I put a countdown so everyone knows how many days left before departure: 135!!!

It was great family time and a great way to start our countdown!

Next week: CARS!!!

I just LOVE this thread - thankyou princesstigerlilly and everyone who has posted super ideas!

I'm up to page 91 after 2 evenings of reading...I'll finish the rest tmx lol

I am doing our first Disney Theme night on Saturday when it will be 102 days til we visit the magic for our first time. :yay:

The theme will be Lady & the Tramp & we will watch the film first as DD 4 hasn't seen it yet & DS 11 for a long time!

Order of the day:

Ballet, home, changed, snack, watch the film, make Lady & the Tramp mini 3d figures & table latern (from the disney family site), make hand prints and decorate them, then make Spaghetti and Meatball cakes.
Dinner will be a naughty cheese, butter, garlic and cream sauce with veggies & spaghetti pasta (DD doesn't eat red meat) followed by the cakes made earlier. Finally before bed we'll play the roll the ball with your nose game

I'm planning on doing one every weekend til we go away & may manage to sneak a few mid week ones in aswell. ;)

We are doing our first theme night tomorrow - the Muppet Movie. DH is a huge muppets fan, and we haven't seen the movie yet so it will be new to all of us.

DH wants to have ham (nut! :) ) and we're stumped for the rest. I'll have to look up some ideas. i found some confetti angel food cake to make a rainbow connection cake for dessert. We won't have time to do an activity, but popping popcorn and snuggling under blankets is just fine by my girls :)

Last Night was Cars night. I have two girls and, although they like the movie, we don't have any Cars related 'stuff' in the house. I printed the menu and posted. I also made posters of several of the Cars characters and hung them up around the dining room. The girls colored pictures and did a maze that I had found on crayola.com and we hung those up as well. I did buy a Cars plastic tablecover from Walmart just to make it look like there was really a theme. So the decorations were simple but turned out cute.

The menu consisted of "Speedy Subs" (from Subway, one less thing to do!), "Maters Fried Taters", "Dipsticks" (carrots with ranch dressing), "Luigi's Tires" (mini chocolate donuts), "Traffic Lights" (graham cracker sticks covered in nutella with red, green, and yellow M&Ms), Lightning Punch (Hawaiian Punch), and Oil Slick Sundaes (vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, and M&Ms). It was only after I made the menu and had actually bought everything that I realized how much junk food was actually going to be eaten last night. DH and I (who are in serious diet mode) nibbled on the sugary stuff so that we could play along with the kids, but tried hard not to go overboard!

After we ate, we watched the movie and had planned to play racing games on the Wii but DH and DD9 crashed so DD3 and I looked at rides online so that she can get familiar with some of them before we go. We also worked on next week's FMN: Lion King!

We are having our first movie night tonight. The kids picked Finding Nemo, so I went and read all the post about Finding Nemo. I have everything but the food so I will be heading to Wal-Mart in a few minutes. It's really cold outside and we have some snow falling so I think tonight will be the perfect night.

Can't wait to post pictures when I get time?

Thanks for all the tips and suggestions. You guys are great!!

Allison

Thank you so much to everyine who has posted on this thread.:disrocks:

I borrowed many odeas for our first family theme night we had yesterday. Our first night was Lady and the Tramp.
I made dog collars for the kids. I engraved dog tags with their names and my number (which I will put onto bracelets for our Disney trip) and tied it round thier necks with ribbons, although DS has his on for a grand total of thirty seconds! I then painted their faces to look like dogs.
We made Lady and the tramp models from the Disney Family website.
We had Spaghetti and meatballs for dinner followed by Spaghetti and Meatball cupcakes, also on the Disney Family site and then watched the film whilst munching on shortbread "dog biscuits" cut out from our bone shaped cutter.
:dogdance::dogdance:
Next week will be Beauty and the Beast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter