Post family Disney-theme night ideas HERE!

"You owe me a new acorn"
IMG_8302.jpg

You could also recreate the diner scene. :lmao:
Waitress: Ordering. Three pork combos, extra bacon on the side, two chili cheese samplers, a basket of liver and onion rings, a catch of the day, and a steak cut in the shape of a trout. You got all that, honey?
Kronk: Three oinkers wearing pants, plate of hot air, basket of Grandma's breakfast and change the bull to a gill, got it.

or

Yzma: Make me the special. And hold the gravy!
Kronk: Check. Pickup!
Kuzco: You know what? On second thought, make my omelette a meat pie.
Kronk: Meat pie. Check.
Yzma: Kronk! Can I order the potatoes as a side dish?
Kronk: I'll have to charge you full price.
Yzma: [annoyed] Ooh.
Kuzco: Hey, how about a side of potatoes, my buddy?
Kronk: You got it. Want cheese on those potatoes?
Yzma: Thank you, Kronk. Cheddar will be fine.
Kronk: Cheddar spuds coming up.
Kuzco: Spuds yes, cheese no.
Kronk: Hold the cheese.
Yzma: No, I want the cheese.
Kronk: Cheese it is.
Kuzco: Cheese me no "likee."
Kronk: Cheese out.
Yzma: Cheese in!
Kronk: Ah, come on. Make up your mind!
Kuzco: Okay, okay, on second thought...
Yzma, Kuzco: ...make my potatoes a salad.

Love the ideas! Thanks a bunch!

This is more for the Dark Side, but since we're going to IoA for one day, we did a How the Grinch Stole Christmas movie night. We had roast beast croissants, Who-berries, and Grinch floats (lime sherbet with Sprite). You could also add Who-pudding, as that is something the Grinch pulls out of the fridge.

This is more for the Dark Side, but since we're going to IoA for one day, we did a How the Grinch Stole Christmas movie night. We had roast beast croissants, Who-berries, and Grinch floats (lime sherbet with Sprite). You could also add Who-pudding, as that is something the Grinch pulls out of the fridge.

I love it! This is also not-so-Disney, but we just had an Elf movie night on Saturday. We had spaghetti with maple syrup, m&m's, and poptarts. I'm the only one who braved putting everything on the spaghetti though. Hubby & little dudeman just ate their sweet stuff on the side. I'm not gonna lie, it was a little strange at first. I think most of it was psychological though since those are things that shouldn't be on spaghetti. The trick is to not put too much sauce or syrup on and don't get too much since you'll probably want to just eat everything separate anyway. But it's fun to say that you tried Buddy the Elf's version of spaghetti!

20121201192008.jpg

We also made cookies & paper snowflakes. Here's some of Buddy's activity suggestions: "First we'll make snow angels for about two hours, then we'll go ice skating, then we'll eat a whole roll of Tollhouse Cookiedough as fast as we can, and then we'll snuggle." "I thought maybe we could make ginger bread houses, and eat cookie dough, and go ice skating, and maybe even hold hands." You could also have a snowball fight like they do in the movie.

20121201192008.jpg

We also made cookies & paper snowflakes. Here's some of Buddy's activity suggestions: "First we'll make snow angels for about two hours, then we'll go ice skating, then we'll eat a whole roll of Tollhouse Cookiedough as fast as we can, and then we'll snuggle." "I thought maybe we could make ginger bread houses, and eat cookie dough, and go ice skating, and maybe even hold hands." You could also have a snowball fight like they do in the movie.

I'm DYING here... :lmao: I cannot believe you ate that stuff!! :rotfl2: I try to be a fun mom, but I will now step aside and place that #1 Mom crown firmly on your head!!! ::yes:: Way to Go, CoolSurfPenguin!!!!! :woohoo:

Haha... Thanks guys! My hubby said I must be pregnant to have even wanted to try it like that! :rolleyes2 It definitely doesn't compare to normal spaghetti, but it's really not that bad once you get over the fact that it is COMPLETELY different than spaghetti. I thought it would be a lot worse and that I would be gagging the whole time or throwing it up, but I survived. :thumbsup2

I'm amazed every time I come back to this thread. Such wonderful ideas! I would love to find more Brave ideas. We plan to start back our Disney nights with Brave after the holidays are over.

I'm amazed every time I come back to this thread. Such wonderful ideas! I would love to find more Brave ideas. We plan to start back our Disney nights with Brave after the holidays are over.

We did a Brave theme night! Made Shepards Pie, roasted green beans, & make your own sundea for dessert. I wanted to do the bear paw cookies or get some bear claws for dessert...but ran out of time. :rotfl:

Decorations were: celtic type candle holder, rocks formations, dollar store sheilds. I printed and assembled a few items from familyfun. Also picked up Brave table cloth, plates, etc.

We had a archery contest with solo cups and a target. I found a cheaper bow & arrows (suction cup type) at a local sporting goods store.

Kids loved it! :thumbsup2

We have picked our date for our WDW trip this year so now the countdown begins and so does starting up Family Disney Movie nights again! DH is going to be out of town at a conference in 2 weeks so I think that will be when we start. We can have a whole kick off weekend since DH is not a Disney fan. Now I just need to figure out which movies to do. I think I will have each kid pick out a movie so we will do one Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. It will give us something to do while DH is gone and will be a fun way to kick off the countdown to our trip. We will make our countdown calendar during this weekend as well. So as soon as I know what movies the kids would like to do I can start planning. pixiedust:

Well, I have created a document of movie nights we have already done and will do until our next trip. It has a little over 20 movie themes. If you want to PM me your email address I can send it to you. Also, if you are on Pinterest, I have a Disney Movie Night board with links for recipes, decoration ideas and crafts pinned to it. I can PM you my name to find my Pinterest boards if you want me to.

can you pm me your pinterest name, too?

Would like to post pictures of our Disney Dinner and Movie Nights (=
how do I upload photos to the post?

The easiest way I have found to do this is to upload your pictures to Photobucket. You can then get an "IMG" code to imbed into your posts. PM me if you need any help...

Muppets Movie Night

DSCN0012_zpsc6db02bf.jpg

Dinner was great and the children enjoyed the tie-dye theme (=

DSCN0011_zpsea6ee236.jpg

Really couldn't find a craft so I just printed off a Kermit the Frog coloring page and the kids loved it. This is cousins Hunter (8) and Jace (4) joining in on the magic!

DSCN0023_zps8ff75f99.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter