• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post family Disney-theme night ideas HERE!

Movie: Cars! (The original - when we did this night, Cars 2 hadn't yet come out.)

Decorations:
Route 66 signs
Checkered flag penants with McQueen and Mater
Folded checkered flag centerpiece with Cars toys
Hubcab (pie tins!) serving platters and plates

Food:
Radiator Wings (breaded chicken wings)
Sally's Caesar Salad
Luigi's Alfredo (fettucine with a roasted garlic alfredo sauce)
Mack's Meatballs with Mater's Oil (plum sauce)
Filmore's Traffic Lights (shortbread cookies with white icing holding red, green and (no yellow! :rolleyes: ) orange M&M's)
Guido's Tower of Tires (chocolate mini donuts held with a Mickey straw surrounded by four 'snow tires' )
Cars fruit chews

Activities:
Tic Tac Tow Mater
Made drawings on personalized 5 x 7 picture frames
Put together a 3D Cars puzzle
Cars activity books
Cars Bingo!

2011_0503Misc0006.jpg

2011_0503Misc0001.jpg

2011_0503Misc0004.jpg

2011_0503Misc0005.jpg

2011_0503Misc0007.jpg

2011_0503Misc0011.jpg

2011_0503Misc0016.jpg

2011_0503Misc0025.jpg

Movie:
The Incredibles

Decorations:
Red tablecloth, black placemats, yellow plates
Character printouts
Incredibles logo on black poster board for a centerpiece
"Pow!" "Bam!" and "Clank!" mini posters
Welcome to the National Supers Agency (NSA) sign with menu

Food:
Incredible Pot Roast
Syndrome's Super Yummy Potatoes
Edna's Vegetable Medley
Frozone's Ice Scream

Activities:
Incredibles activity sheets
Make your own Super masks
Save the Supers from Syndrome - Each clue solved led them to a hidden Super and the next clue.

The night was all about secret codes, super heroes, and thwarting evil plans -- muhwa-ha-ha!

2011_05310009.jpg

2011_05310007.jpg

2011_05310004.jpg

2011_05310002.jpg

2011_05310012.jpg

MirageCodeGame_Page_1.jpg

MirageCodeGame_Page_2.jpg

Mickey - Mom, great movie nights! LOVE the tombstones on the cupcakes for the Haunted Mansion. I am saving that movie for October and will have to remember that idea! I'm doing Monster's Inc this weekend and looks like we found some of the same things on the internet (name tags, masks, etc.) ! :)

Aren't the tombstones just to die for? :rolleyes:

Ok, that was bad! :rotfl: Here's the link to them on the Disney Family site --> http://family.go.com/printables/article-772165-disney-halloween-printable-haunted-mansion-cupcake-tombstones-t/

Love all the new posts!

Well, I finally made it through all 91 pages and I am excited to be here! Thanks to the inspiration from you all we are going to be starting "Sunday Funday"! Is it Sunday yet? ;) DS is almost 2 and DD is 3.5.

We are planning a trip to WDW but it's just a super short, one day trip in December while we're already in Florida for a cruise. But, I don't want this to just be a pre-trip thing- this is going to be ongoing! We can always use some of that Disney magic. Since we have vacation as well as holidays coming up, one problem I may run into is that I don't want to spend a lot of money. I'm using whatever we have on hand and then of course we have to eat anyway, so buying food won't be a big deal, but I won't be doing a lot of decorating unless it's with things I can print off or things I have on hand.

We have a lot of Disney movies (some of which we haven't even seen- we got a bunch when I joined the Disney Movie Club and I've been getting them out gradually on rainy days!) and we also will be getting some of these from Netflix. And I have to admit we'll be doing a few non-Disney movies that we have in our collection (Shrek, Ice Age- big faves of both kids).

We're starting with "The Lady and the Tramp" on Sunday. Instead of planning out every week I've printed out slips with all the movies I'd like to try (um, about 50! :scared1: ) and put them in a large envelope. At the end of each Sunday Funday one of the kids will pull a slip from the envelope and that will be our next movie- I like doing it that way because it will keep it more fun and less routine for me, we'll have plenty of time to get the movies we don't have from Netflix, and the kids can feel like they have some say.

Sorry for rambling. Excited to be here!

How soon is too soon to start having Disney movie nights before a trip? lol... I did a good amount of the movies before our last trip and the kids loved it. We did one every Friday night. We just booked our second trip (for next May) and I'm already planning out movie nights. Since we're doing one day at Universal, that opens up a whole new chapter of movie nights for us. Ahhh... only 258 days to go... I'm so tempted to begin them now... lol!!! LOVE this thread!

How soon is too soon to start having Disney movie nights before a trip? lol... I did a good amount of the movies before our last trip and the kids loved it. We did one every Friday night. We just booked our second trip (for next May) and I'm already planning out movie nights. Since we're doing one day at Universal, that opens up a whole new chapter of movie nights for us. Ahhh... only 258 days to go... I'm so tempted to begin them now... lol!!! LOVE this thread!

It's never too early to start! We are not doing a family trip until 2013 but I am still going to be doing them one every month until it's gets closer then we'll do every other week like we did before our last trip in May :) There are so many Disney movies out there and now Universal too that you'll have plenty to keep you busy until your next trip!

We had a great first Sunday Funday but I can't post pics yet! I don't have enough posts. So, I'm off to fix that. In the meantime, DD chose a slip of paper from "the magic envelope" in order to pick next week's movie and- naturally- it's one of the few non-Disney movies in there! It's "Yogi Bear", so that will be fun- I'm thinking picnic foods!

Dinner & a Movie Night
August 20th
Brother Bear 1 & 2

BEAR_TITLE.jpg

Activity: Berry Picking and Fishing

We decided to be bears all day on Saturday...with the boys doing a little stream fishing (the canyon had been closed most of the summer due to drought and now it is finally open...my boys were itching to hit the river. While they fished, the choke cherries were ripe so Ab and I sent our time picking them...they make a YUMMY jelly and syrup! Last year we missed them, they ripened early...so no jelly last year! I had planned for us to make totems...and then make a family totem pole, but in the rush to leave I left the art stuff behind!

bear_goo.jpg

Goo and his 1st fish for the day

bear_boo.jpg

Boo and his 1st fish for the day

bear_berries.jpg

Choke Cherries...I will not tell you how many signs of real bears we found when we were picking...:scared1:

bear_abpicks.jpg

Ab picking...

Dinner: Le Cellier Cheddar Cheese Soup, Pretzel Bread, Northern Lights Drink, and Chocolate Mousse

BEAR_DINNER.jpg

Not exactly Le Cellier's recipe for Cheddar cheese soup...I added some potatoes and instead of making pretzel bread we just bought some frozen pretzels...perfect dinner (I had been craving soup, but 100+ temps don't mix)

bear_drink.jpg

Northern Light Drink...pretty yummy

bear_moose.jpg

In honor of Tutt and Rutt..I think these guys are 2 of favorite characters in all of Disney...I wanted to watch their version of the movie when they narrate it...but I was overruled!

i need help! i have been reading and making a word doc with all your ideas...
thank you everyone! Have been trying so hard to get threw this thread but there is SO MUCH information!!!

Help with a Disney Themed Birthday party??
My Triplets are turning 7 this Sept and asked them what kind of Party do you want this year? of course it is DISNEY!!! i love my kids!!!
i am having a hot dog bar and several side dishes, jumpy, pinata.. what else can and should i do?!?! i have 2 boys and 1 girl in the trio. Meghan is a huge Princess freak. and the boys are ANYTHING Disney. so the theme is general Disney. i need games and fun ideas about decorating!!! The only good idea i came up with is a hidden mickey game! you are all SO creative please help??!

i need help! i have been reading and making a word doc with all your ideas...
thank you everyone! Have been trying so hard to get threw this thread but there is SO MUCH information!!!

Help with a Disney Themed Birthday party??
My Triplets are turning 7 this Sept and asked them what kind of Party do you want this year? of course it is DISNEY!!! i love my kids!!!
i am having a hot dog bar and several side dishes, jumpy, pinata.. what else can and should i do?!?! i have 2 boys and 1 girl in the trio. Meghan is a huge Princess freak. and the boys are ANYTHING Disney. so the theme is general Disney. i need games and fun ideas about decorating!!! The only good idea i came up with is a hidden mickey game! you are all SO creative please help??!

Here's a game idea for you.. How about pin the tail on Eeyore?

For pin the tail on eeyore at my DD's party I got grey-blue ribbon and put a button and a pink bow. They were do cute!

I think I have enough posts now to post pics of our Lady and the Tramp night. ;)

Here's our menu- Tony's Spaghetti and Meatballs, Darling Garlic Bread (the store was out of breadsticks so I had to improvise!), Siamese Softie Cookies (just cookies I have been wanting to make anyway) and Pinot Leashio (apple juice).

menu.jpg

I'm trying to keep this budget friendly. What I did for table settings was just stick printed pictures into report covers and voila! Placemats! And I will change the picture out every week. The "wine glasses" were from a pack of 6 at the Dollar Tree.

DSCN1528.jpg

DD with her spaghetti and meatball craft (ok, purple spaghetti, but again, trying to keep it budget friendly so we just used what we had). DS didn't want any part of the nose/whiskers or the craft:

DSCN1533.jpg

Eating spaghetti like Lady- she insisted I call her Lady all day.

DSCN1537.jpg

Then she pulled a slip of paper from the "magic envelope" to determine next week's movie!

DSCN1535.jpg

Need ideas!!!!!! Plllleeeaaase!

I'm going to throw DS5 a Toy Story Midway Mania birthday party. I have lots of fun carnival/midway ideas for the party but I need ideas on a cake. I'm going to make some "popcorn" cupcakes but I want the main cake to be Toy Story-ish but also Midway Mania-ish. Does that make sense?

Thoughts?

TIA!

When I think of TSM, I think of Mr. Potato Head. If I was going to make a cake, I'd make it look a little like the stage he's on in the queue and put a Mr. Potato Head right on top of it.

Sounds like a really fun party! I hope you will share pics. :)

I have not read through the thread - lol - but will share our traditions. We always do Planning Parties - my daughters are now 26 and 27 and we had our last one a few weeks ago.
We do 200 Day Countdown, 100 Day Countdown etc... with themed foods (we have the Mickey Cooks cookbook), trivia contests with prizes, print out menus and pick our ADRs, watch the planning DVD, favorite movies etc... I decorate the house on each countdown day with inflatable flamingos, palm trees and send a gift package when we can't get together.
Happy Planning!

So here is our latest movie night: Monster's Inc.

MonstersIncMovieNight-Table-August2011.jpg

I had the kids wear their pajamas to go with the movie.
Xavier8Tasha5MonstersIncMovieNight-August2011.jpg

Doors Backdrop
MonstersIncMovieNight-Doors-August2011.jpg

Hard Hat
MonstersIncMovieNight-helmet-August2011.jpg

Mike & Sulley
MonstersIncMovieNight-MikeSulley-August2011.jpg

Scream Canister (made using Clorox wipes container) - kids enjoyed screaming into it and filling it up with their screams
MonstersIncMovieNight-ScreamCanister-August2011.jpg

Scare Report (made it up on my computer)
MonstersIncMovieNight-ScareReport-August2011.jpg

Time Cards & Name Badges
MonstersIncMovieNight-nametags-August2011.jpg

Worker's Bagged Lunch (took the easy route and did bagged lunches for dinner)
MonstersIncMovieNight-lunchbag-August2011.jpg

Sulley Punch
MonstersIncMovieNight-drinks-August2011.jpg

Mike Cupcakes
MonstersIncMovieNight-Cupcakes-August2011.jpg

Tasha5MonstersIncMovieNight-cupcake-August2011.jpg

Child's Bedroom (this was set up on the floor where we ate)
MonstersIncMovieNight-Bed1-August2011.jpg

MonstersIncMovieNight-Bed2-August2011.jpg

Xavier8Tasha5MonstersIncMovieNight-bed-August2011.jpg

Sulley, Boo & Mike Masks
MonstersIncMovieNight-Masks-August2011.jpg

Xavier8Tasha5MonstersIncMovieNight-masks-August2011.jpg

Games & Activities

After the movie was over the first thing we did was complete this Monster's Inc. puzzle.
MonstersIncMovieNight-puzzle-August2011.jpg

Then we played Find Boo. I printed out a coloring page of Boo, colored it, cut it out & laminated it. Then we took turns hiding Boo behind doors in our house and racing to be the first to find Boo.
MonstersIncMovieNight-Boo-August2011.jpg

Design A Door
Xavier8MonstersIncMovieNight-door-August2011.jpg

Then the kids took turns playing various online Monster's Inc. games.
Tasha5MonstersIncMovieNight-computergame-August2011.jpg

Final activity was our Little Mikey craft (Mike's "teddy bear"). I made the Little Mikeys out of felt and stitched them up almost completely, but left a couple inch gap. The kids got to stuff their own Little Mikey doll, like Build A Bear. Then I quickly stitched up the gap. They loved toting them around for days and snuggling with him at night.

Xavier8MonstersIncMovieNight-craft-August2011.jpg

Tasha5MonstersIncMovieNight-craft-August2011.jpg

Tasha5Xavier8MonstersIncMovieNight-craft-August2011.jpg

Monster's Inc. is such an adorable movie, I seriously just can not get enough of Boo. We had another great movie night and have been having fun quoting the movie now for days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter