Post family Disney-theme night ideas HERE!

I know this would be a huge undertaking, but it would be oooooh so convenient to have the page links on the first page :):wizard:

Summer Movie Marathon
Harry Potter 1-7.1
July 9-14​

Each night we tried to watch 1-2 movies in the series. I had some many fun things planned for this week, but between trying to watch all of the movies and coming off a week of lots of movies/activities I think we were all tired of movie nights. I had planned to have the kids make wands and then practice their spells afterwards. We had also planned to make potions, but sadly it just was not done either. What we did do was have 1 special meal along with making a Honeyduke's Candy store that we left out all week…and munched on after dinner while watching the next movie in the series.

Menu:

Banger and Mash Hand Pies
bangersandmash.jpg

This was a great recipe, a very traditional English meal (Bangers & Mash) made into these great little sandwich pies. DH loved them…so I can see myself making more of them in the future.

Herbology Experiment

salad.jpg

This is one of our favorite salads…broccoli, cauliflower, olives, scallions, cheese chunks with ranch dressing and bacon bits…just renamed it.

Butterbeer

butterbeer.jpg

I fell in love with butterbeer last summer at WWofHP! While the recipe I found is not the real thing as USO sells, it is pretty close! The kids got to take out their butter beer mugs that I brought back from WWofHP to use (does this give you any hint of how many...minimum... of those darn drinks I must have cosummed in 3 days?)

Ron’s Spider web Trifle

trifle2.jpg
trifle1.jpg

I wanted to make a traditional British dessert, a trifle and then put a HP twist on it by making a spider web on top. I wish I would have had a few plastic spiders to really add to the effect.

Honeyduke’s

honeydukes.jpg

Ab made all the labels for the candy. She did such a great job! Here is what we included in our “Honeyduke’s”:

Cockroach Clusters (no bake cookies)
Pepper Imps (hot tamales)
Dumbledore’s Lemon Drops (lemon drops)
Drooble’s Best Blowing Gum (gum balls)
Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Beans (jelly beans)
Licorice Wands (twizzlers)
Ale Bottles (Coke Gummy Bottles)

Here are a couple pictures from the midnight release. I wish that I would have taken some of all the people dressed up in costume. There were some great Harry’s, Weasley Family, Voldomore, and even a golden snitch.

Line at 8:00 pm, yep the boys wanted to line up 4 hour early!!!!
line.jpg

Boo and his Friend Riley
aaronandriley.jpg

I know this would be a huge undertaking, but it would be oooooh so convenient to have the page links on the first page :):wizard:

You are so right...the original starter of the thread popped in a few weeks ago and was going to try to update the the index! As hard as it was, I have gone through this thread page by page several times making notes. Everyone does such a great job of trying to make each movie night their own, adding new ideas and twists!

We finally got around to doing another theme afternoon/night. :yay:The kids have been asking almost every morning if we were doing a movie day that day so since it has been so gosh darn hot outside I decided to make a good excuse for staying inside all day.

The movie was Pirates of the Caribbean, Curse of the Black Pearl pirate: We started off with decorating, Sam gathered up some of his POTC toys that were in his room, I know we have a ton more in the playroom somewhere but the thought of going through the toys boxes down there looking for them was not something I looked forward to so we made do with what he could gather. Sam also dressed in his Jack Sparrow costume and Emily wore her Ariel costume because of the mermaids that are in POTC 4.

014-10.jpg

015-16.jpg

Then it was movie time. Movie snacks were popcorn and mermaid tail cookies. I know there are no mermaids in the first movie but when I started to plan this day out I was going to do it when we went to POTC 4 in the theaters but we never got around to having it then so I went ahead and used my mermaid ideas.

017-14.jpg

009-14.jpg

006-18.jpg

During the movie the kids did a couple of crafts, they decorated door hangers thingies and made a mermaids cove with my help.

019-12.jpg

024-9.jpg

025-9.jpg

After the movie I surprised the kids with a treasure hunt! They were so cute running around the house from clue to clue. At the end of the hunt they found baskets with a few treats!

027-12.jpg

029-12.jpg

030-7.jpg

031-6.jpg

The humidity outside kept fogging up my camera lens, I told you it was hot outside!

033-5.jpg

Don't mind the mess, my kids have hundreds of books and as hard as I try to keep them organized and neat looking, it's nearly impossible, lol

034-8.jpg

035-5.jpg

039-4.jpg

I printed these little pirate guides out from Familyfun.com, I thought they were really cute!

040-5.jpg

041-8.jpg

042-6.jpg

043-6.jpg

Continued in next post

This was a cute necklace craft that DD had in her basket!

045-5.jpg

Some of the decorations

010-15.jpg

012-10.jpg

055-3.jpg

Dinner was kept simple, cannonball sandwiches with sword fries and watermelon. I had the meatballs in a slowcooker all afternoon so I could sit and enjoy the movie instead of worrying about getting dinner together. Dessert were simple cupcakes and more cannonballs, plain and chocolate covered rice krispy treats. I also made a Mickey treat for DH to enjoy tonight when he gets home since he worked this evening. ;)

049-3.jpg

046-2.jpg

048-4.jpg

052-4.jpg

029-13.jpg

028-15.jpg

053-4.jpg

After dinner, DSs went downstairs to play Lego Pirates of the Caribbean on Wii while DD and I started a pirate ship craft that we never got finished. It was a fun day, I'm glad we finally got around to doing it and the kids are already asking when our next theme night is:eek:

We watched my favorite Disney movie last night - Lilo and Stitch!!
We went with a Luau theme and played it safe with Hawaiian pizza. For dessert we each made our own "beach" cakes.
After the movie we did science experiments -since stitch was experiment 626.
DS5 made an underwater Volcano (very cool BTW), DS3 changed water color by using vegatables (actually pretty neat too) and DH made a balloon blow up by using vinegar and baking soda. The kids had a BLAST - here are some pics!

285127_10150325711110931_607960930_9939395_8017556_n.jpg

285157_10150325710990931_607960930_9939392_7986228_n.jpg

284532_10150325712140931_607960930_9939430_101755_n.jpg

283857_10150325711235931_607960930_9939399_3173463_n.jpg

283510_10150325712880931_607960930_9939445_1520288_n.jpg

283270_10150325713385931_607960930_9939458_841773_n.jpg

Here are some pictures of our Alice and Wonderland Night. We had tea party food and made Hats for our activity!

255730_10150270292760931_607960930_9438675_5976592_n.jpg

252931_10150270292840931_607960930_9438676_1154198_n.jpg

255451_10150270292905931_607960930_9438678_3890557_n.jpg

255431_10150270293675931_607960930_9438696_6818795_n.jpg

Love the watermelon shark!!

I love the POTC and Harry Potter nights! I can't wait until my kids are into those movies. They kind of like them, maybe we should just go for it :).

We had a low-key Alice in Wonderland night. We just watched the movie and had a tea party themed dinner. Some photos:

DSC_5739_edited-1.jpg

DSC_5738_edited-1.jpg

DSC_5736_edited-1.jpg

DSC_5735_edited-1.jpg

DSC_5732_edited-1.jpg

We are counting down our trip with surprise Disney Days that include a themed day and movie. We had our first this past Tuesday and it was 'Lady & the Tramp'

Tinkerbell delivered a special postcard from Mickey declaring it 'Disney Day'
i-mRQSkCh-M.jpg

Activities included L&T coloring pages I found via Google and playing "Doggie Doggie, where's my bone?"

Lunch: hot dogs
i-5nNzDwN-M.jpg

Later in the afternoon, DD and DS helped me make cupcakes and meatballs
i-FhDn8HV-M.jpg

i-PdtPN94-M.jpg

i-kfnbj2C-M.jpg

Menu and Table set-up
i-zPtVQrr-M.jpg

i-wdR7kt9-M.jpg

I served dessert while we watched the movie. I googled spaghetti cupcakes and found some pictures. I have been told that the recipe for these can be found in a book, "Hello Cupcake"

I used buttercream icing, raspberry preserves (as the sauce), Ferraro Rocher chocolates for the meatballs, and grated white chocolate for the parmesean cheese.
i-jN352jZ-M.jpg

i-NGKtRmp-M.jpg

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it.

I LOVE all these ideas and I am gathering stuff/ideas to start settting mine up! I saw in some of the posts there were those printable little decorations that you color and then stand up on the table. Then you make a circle bottom to hold them up does anyone know where I can get those? I did look on the Disney Family Website but, they are not there..

Thanks!!

I LOVE all these ideas and I am gathering stuff/ideas to start settting mine up! I saw in some of the posts there were those printable little decorations that you color and then stand up on the table. Then you make a circle bottom to hold them up does anyone know where I can get those? I did look on the Disney Family Website but, they are not there..

Thanks!!

Go to the Disney Junior section on the Disney site, then go to coloring pages. The cut outs are in there, they have ones for lots of different movies! Also not sure if this is the site you were looking on but they often have print outs for different characters. http://family.go.com/disney/pkg-disney-character-fun/

I have been doing family movie nights thanks to all your wonderful ideas. I haven't posted our nights on here, mostly because its easy to download to facebook and it would take so much time to upload to a host then here :) (I'm lazyish)

So our next movie should be Monsters, Inc.

I am copying the page listing to this post and going to update with hyper links to the particular post. It should make it easier for others and since I am looking them up anyway... ;)

47, 219, 326, 340, 411, 476, 536, 554, 800, 851, 1107

Just wanted to comment on the newest nights! Very impressive! I'm really excited since DH just gave me the "go ahead" to start planning our May 2012 trip (this will be our second trip - having completed our first one only 2 months ago!) We're taking my MIL this time and the planning is in FULL swing already (including movie nights of course)! We'll be doing one day at Universal for Harry Potter & Jurassic Park. Can't wait!!!!

Here is our Finding Nemo movie night, it was a fun one!

FindingNemoMovieNight-Xavier8Tasha5-July2011.jpg

Found this movie poster sign (made of a plastic/canvas type material) at a garage sale this summer for $1!!!! Perfect! I just painted the very bottom of the sign with various blues to look like water and cover up the movie shop's writing. (Didn't actually end up needing to do that, because it was covered by the table.) I also added a "Finding Nemo" sign to cover up the movie shop's logo.
FindingNemoMovieNight-Table-July2011.jpg

FindingNemoMovieNight-Poster-July2011.jpg

Dinner
FindingNemoMovieNight-Food-July2011.jpg

Bruce's Fish Are Friends Not Food Fish Sticks
FindingNemoMovieNight-FishSticks-July2011.jpg

Crush's Shells & Cheese
FindingNemoMovieNight-ShellsCheese-July2011.jpg

Sheldon's Seaweed
FindingNemoMovieNight-SheldonsSeaweed-July2011.jpg

Nemo's Goldfish Gang
FindingNemoMovieNight-NemosGoldfish-July2011.jpg

Tank Gang's Mini Aquariums
FindingNemoMovieNight-Aquariums-July2011.jpg

Dory's Salty Sea Water (punch)
FindingNemoMovieNight-DorysSaltySeaWater-July2011.jpg

Brownie Cupcakes (no cute name)
FindingNemoMovieNight-Cupcakes-July2011.jpg

Fish Craft (using plastic two liter bottles)
FindingNemoMovieNight-Xavier8Natasha5-July2011.jpg

FindingNemoMovieNight-FishCraft-July2011.jpg

Go Fish
FindingNemoMovieNight-GoFish-July2011.jpg

We also played "Finding Nemo" (hide and seek) and "Jellyfish Sting" (keep the balloon jellyfish in the air).

So we had a first family Theme Night last week on Wed. It was Toy Story! I got a little set from the Dollar Tree that had the stationary with an LGM printed on it and it came with a sheet of stickers and three stamps with the characters. $1 can't beat it! I made alien cupcakes (on the fly! Yes I know they have no mouths..lol) I printed toy story activity books and they had Mr. Potato head activities and all kinds of cute stuff inside. We colored coloring pages and got out all of our Toy Story themed stuff. DS8 wore his Woody PJ's and DS2 wore this LGM T-shirt (he does have buzz PJ's but I can't find them at the moment!) We printed and played Pin that tail on Bullseye which was too much fun..and everyone got 100 turns. We had pizza from pizza planet and ate Macoroni. Next week will be Indiana Jones! (I know it's not Disney but at WDW so to keep both DS's happy I am going to alternate between the younger movies i.e Toy Story and older ones like pirates, indiana and star wars. Thanks for looking!!

table.jpg

aliencupcakes.jpg

brothers.jpg

D.jpg

brothers2.jpg

Rgoofyface.jpg

R.jpg

potatoheadfunbook.jpg

stampingfun.jpg

comfy.jpg

Don't you just love Dollar Tree!!! Great job on your first night, your boys looked like they had a blast!

Thanks to Kari-B for leading me to this thread through reading her PTR!! All of you here have inspired me and my hubby so much that we have decided to start our own movie nights until our trip. (Summer 2012, mine and my boys' first trip to WDW EVER, hubby's 2nd) Its a while away, but we are both super excited! Tonight is our first movie night and the kids have been asking aaaaaall week, "Is tonight movie night?!" Finally its here and I'm excited to say (after pouring through every page of this thread :rotfl:), we are doing a movie that none of you have done! I'll try to put up some pictures tonight to show you all what we did. What movie? You'll just have to wait and see!:yay:

Truly though, thank all of you for having such WONDERFUL ideas. You sure know how to make time fly before our vacations.:worship::worship::worship:

Thanks to Kari-B for leading me to this thread through reading her PTR!! All of you here have inspired me and my hubby so much that we have decided to start our own movie nights until our trip. (Summer 2012, mine and my boys' first trip to WDW EVER, hubby's 2nd) Its a while away, but we are both super excited! Tonight is our first movie night and the kids have been asking aaaaaall week, "Is tonight movie night?!" Finally its here and I'm excited to say (after pouring through every page of this thread :rotfl:), we are doing a movie that none of you have done! I'll try to put up some pictures tonight to show you all what we did. What movie? You'll just have to wait and see!:yay:

Truly though, thank all of you for having such WONDERFUL ideas. You sure know how to make time fly before our vacations.:worship::worship::worship:

I can't wait to see what movie you picked!!! :cool1:

This thread has been wonderful and all of the posters on here are absolutely AMAZING! We're counting down to a September/October trip and have been doing once a week movie nights to make the time go by faster. ;)

Movie: Haunted Mansion

Decorations:
Hitchiking Ghosts
Candle sticks with Haunted Mansion tombstones
Tomb Sweet Tomb treat boxes with gummy worms and spiders

Food:
Werewolf Chicken Claws (breaded chicken breast with olives cut in half as claws)
Hot Dog Mummies (crescent roll wrapped hot dogs)
Apple Bites (quartered apples with sunflower seed teeth)
Spooky Spider Snacks (Oreo cookies with chow mein noodles and raisins)
Tombstone Cupcakes (with more Haunted Mansion tombstones)

We ate by spooky candle light. :hmghost:

Activities:
Haunted Mansion Memory - I created seven matching cards for a memory game. They were the Ghost Host, Master Gracey, Madame Leota, The Bride, The Singing Busts, the Hitchhiking Ghosts and the Haunted Mansion sign.

2011_0412Misc0021.jpg

2011_0412Misc0009.jpg

2011_0412Misc0012.jpg

2011_0412Misc0007.jpg

2011_0412Misc0006.jpg

2011_0412Misc0004.jpg

2011_0412Misc0016.jpg

2011_0412Misc0027.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter