Post art of animation pictures here

I understand what you're saying, but a family with 4 children (6 ppl) would be in a suite anyhow. Just saying' :)

Here's what I don't get about the planning of this resort. Why not make the standard room section one of the more gender-neutral movies (Lion King or Nemo) so that families of four with boys don't feel like they have to upgrade to a suite to avoid a Little Mermaid room?

Standard room only hold 4 so a family of six would need a suit or two standard rooms .

I think it it awesome that they finally opened the bridge between Pop and AoA :woohoo:

Those are awesome! Really excited to see these pics! One question: We're currently booked at AKL for 9/16-9/22. I really want to switch to AoA. Why didn't I just book it??? Kicking myself SO much! I know no one knows for sure, but what do you think my odds are to be able to switch to AoA with free dining? Maybe some pixie dust will come my way :)

Are you booked with FD Now? If so call speak with guess services and see if there is any availability at AOA.

Here's what I don't get about the planning of this resort. Why not make the standard room section one of the more gender-neutral movies (Lion King or Nemo) so that families of four with boys don't feel like they have to upgrade to a suite to avoid a Little Mermaid room?

I was wondering this also. We're a family of 4 with boys, and I would love to stay at AoA, but we don't need a suite, just a standard room. As much as I love LM, there's no way DH and our boys would agree to stay in a LM room.

I was wondering this also. We're a family of 4 with boys, and I would love to stay at AoA, but we don't need a suite, just a standard room. As much as I love LM, there's no way DH and our boys would agree to stay in a LM room.

My DS6 loves LM, he also loves sleeping beauty, and bueaty and the beast. The only princess movie he finds girly is Cinderella, as there is no action! If you show them the pictures of the rooms their nopinion may surprise you...

my son loves little mermaid...and my daughter loves cars, and my son loves cars and my dd lil mermaid.......actually they would love any room we stayed at while on vacation...even if it were a super 8....as long as it had a pool!

So how many pools are there? I saw one memo themed and one cars themed and also another memo themed playground and water area. Do all of the sections have these things?

Also I would still love to hear from someone who slept on the Murphy bed. Was it comfy?

So how many pools are there? I saw one memo themed and one cars themed and also another memo themed playground and water area. Do all of the sections have these things?

Also I would still love to hear from someone who slept on the Murphy bed. Was it comfy?
According to the map I have there are three pools total:

~Flippin' Fins in the Little Mermaid Section

~Big Blue in the middle of Nemo

~Cozy Cone Pool in Cars

Instead of a pool in the Lion King section, there is a "blob" about the size of a pool, but it's not blue on the map and it's called Elephant Graveyard:confused3

Here is the map:

aoa-map.jpg

Those are awesome! Really excited to see these pics! One question: We're currently booked at AKL for 9/16-9/22. I really want to switch to AoA. Why didn't I just book it??? Kicking myself SO much! I know no one knows for sure, but what do you think my odds are to be able to switch to AoA with free dining? Maybe some pixie dust will come my way :)

We have been trying to add one day to our stay in Sept. at AofA with free dining they won't let us.:sad2:

We have been trying to add one day to our stay in Sept. at AofA with free dining they won't let us.:sad2:

We went to POP last January and were able to add 2 days to the end of our ressie with the FD. It was only about a month out. Maybe it's an availability thing? Anyway, once we were there we were so grateful for those extra days. I would still try to do it, even if you have to link a new ressie without FD. If you're adding to the end, you'd probably have enough credits to get some food to stock your refrigerator before midnight on your "current" last day. Just a thought...

According to the map I have there are three pools total:

~Flippin' Fins in the Little Mermaid Section

~Big Blue in the middle of Nemo

~Cozy Cone Pool in Cars

Instead of a pool in the Lion King section, there is a "blob" about the size of a pool, but it's not blue on the map and it's called Elephant Graveyard:confused3

I believe the Elephant Graveyard should be a walk through/playground area. (???)

BTW, from the map the LM section looks further out from Animation Hall than the corresponding 80s/90s sections of POP to Classic Hall. Maybe because of their orientation. For anyone there, can you tell if that's the case? Thx.

I believe the Elephant Graveyard should be a walk through/playground area. (???)

BTW, from the map the LM section looks further out from Animation Hall than the corresponding 80s/90s sections of POP to Classic Hall. Maybe because of their orientation. For anyone there, can you tell if that's the case? Thx.
A playground sounds right - but why call it a "graveyard?" Is it like CSR's dig site maybe?

This might help gauge the distance: The jogging trail along HL is 1.38 miles.

A playground sounds right - but why call it a "graveyard?" Is it like CSR's dig site maybe?

This might help gauge the distance: The jogging trail along HL is 1.38 miles.

In the movie, a few scenes from the story are in the elephant graveyard, one where they are playing and sliding on the tusks.

my son loves little mermaid...and my daughter loves cars, and my son loves cars and my dd lil mermaid.......actually they would love any room we stayed at while on vacation...even if it were a super 8....as long as it had a pool!

My DD has looked at pictures of all sections, and thinks the Cars Section Looks the coolest followed by the Lion King.

I wish they could have spread out standard rooms in all sections. We would have chosen a standard room in the Cars section for my two DDS, but i think the purpose of the resort was to provide room for larger families and the standard rooms were just an after thought. My biggest concern is it appears to be a long walk from the buses to Little Mermaid Section. Yeah, I think our children tend to not be as concerned about the room as we are. As long as everything is in good repair, then we are happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter