• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

With the new format of the Southwest website I was having a hard time finding the travel tools also. But if you go all the way to the bottom of the home screen and click 'flight schedules' it will tell you the date to release tickets.
The newest release date has CHANGED from October 27th to November 10th.

Thank you!! :thumbsup2

I purchased 5 one way flights for my family ( 2 adults, 3 kids) with points, and my check date is this Friday. For each of these flights I have separate confirmation numbers. When I go to check in on Friday. I assume I need to check in individually for each flight. What will happen to our boarding numbers? I assume we will end up with gaps between each of us. Can we still board together or do we need to split up? (My kids are 6-11, so too old for family boarding I think).

I purchased 5 one way flights for my family ( 2 adults, 3 kids) with points, and my check date is this Friday. For each of these flights I have separate confirmation numbers. When I go to check in on Friday. I assume I need to check in individually for each flight. What will happen to our boarding numbers? I assume we will end up with gaps between each of us. Can we still board together or do we need to split up? (My kids are 6-11, so too old for family boarding I think).

Yes, you check in separately for each flight. I've been doing Early Bird but a few years ago when I did a 24 hour check in I had a separate tab open on my browser for each person, with info entered, ready to check in. When it is time, start with the first person and hit check in. I know that after you do that, there is another button on the next screen you need to click before you go on to the next person. I don't remember what it says...but I found out the hard way by clicking check-in, switching tabs and repeat, only to find out I had checked in DH 4 times and not the rest of us. I don't know if the process has changed at all since then.

I don't recall how we ended up as far as gaps after I figured out I needed to click two things before switching tabs. If there are gaps, you can still line up together with the last boarding number. I.e. if you get A25, A30, A35, A40, A45, you can line up together at the A45 position. (Or put two of you at A30 (those holding A25 and 30) and 3 at A45 or some such combination.

Of course the other option is Early Bird Check In, which I have taken to paying for to avoid the stress and hassle and also to avoid finding a way to check in while at the parks on the day before departure.

Thanks for the advice I checking in. I did buy EBCI for the trip home because that is the last thing I want to worry about when we are in the parks.

We were lucky enough to catch a $45 price drop/ticket a few months ago on our flight from FNT to MCO for next April. When the new dates come out next week I'll need to buy the flight home.

Will the credits on our account automatically be applied to our new purchase or do I need to do something first to make sure the money is deducted from the cost??

Thank you :)

It has been a while, so things might have changed, but last time I did this, I called SW and they put all the flights on one confirmation number.

We were lucky enough to catch a $45 price drop/ticket a few months ago on our flight from FNT to MCO for next April. When the new dates come out next week I'll need to buy the flight home.

Will the credits on our account automatically be applied to our new purchase or do I need to do something first to make sure the money is deducted from the cost??

Thank you :)

You'll need to type in the confirmation number from the reservation on which you had the price drop to bring up the discount.

I think I read in the past that if you have the Coke Rewards code and only book a one way flight you still get $10 off? Even though it says only on roundtrip? Just want to make sure what people's experience has been

Has anyone used the app to check in for your flight? We will be in the parks 24 hrs before our return flight. Will that hold my spot and then do I print something at the airport? We are straying at Asmo.

Hi All,

We are looking for flights through SW from either Providence, RI or Manchester, NH for the first week in February. If anyone happened to have a code or any tips I would welcome the help! :cheer2:

Thanks!

Kelly

I think I read in the past that if you have the Coke Rewards code and only book a one way flight you still get $10 off? Even though it says only on roundtrip? Just want to make sure what people's experience has been

Is there currently a coke rewards code?

yes for 100 MCR you can get

This single- use code must be entered in the Promo Code box on southwest.com or SWABIZ.com in order to receive $20 discount off one-way Wanna Get Away® Fares during the valid travel dates listed below. Roundtrip travel required. Reservations can include up to eight people. Discount is valid on new reservations only and purchase must be made starting 11/01/14 and prior to 11:59 pm for the respective time zone of the originating city on 02/01/15 for travel 11/8/2014-2/15/2015.
Blackout dates apply on 11/25/2014-11/26/2014, 11/29/2014-12/01/2014, 12/19/2014-12/20/2014, 12/26/2014-12/29/2014, 1/3/2015-1/4/2015
The discount code is valid for Wanna Get Away® Fares and is applied before taxes and fees.

Has anyone used the app to check in for your flight? We will be in the parks 24 hrs before our return flight. Will that hold my spot and then do I print something at the airport? We are straying at Asmo.

Absolutely! Works even faster than a PC... (well...faster than my PC!)

I booked through Southwest but both flights on the way from Detroit to Orlando are on AirTran. Can I still check in online 24 hours in advance and will they assign us seats at that time for both parts of the flight?

First time posting in this thread,
Just received a Southwest email,

Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort - value hotel
Orlando

Book a flight + Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort vacation package, and save 50% on your hotel stay. Hotel offer is not valid on Friday or Saturday night stays.

Book: 12/2/14 from 12:00 a.m. CT - 11:59 p.m. CT
Travel: 12/3/14 - 3/12/15
One-day advance purchase is required.
Restrictions and exclusions may apply.

Hotel offer blackout dates: 12/25/14 - 1/3/15 and 2/13/15 - 2/21/15.

Plus, save up to $200 ($25 per night, up to eight nights) when using the promotion code SAVENOW200 at the time of booking.*

*Up to $200 per reservation promotion code savings ($25 per night, up to eight nights) apply on flight + hotel vacation packages to any Southwest Vacations destination. Savings is reflected in the package price when using promotion code SAVENOW200 at the time of booking, and is based on the length of stay. Length of stay for flight and hotel components must match. Promotion code intended for redemption by individual consumer only. Savings valid if booked 12/1/14 - 12/8/14 by 6:00 p.m. CT for travel 12/2/14 - 6/5/15.

I have my Rapid Rewards number listed for my May 2015 flight, but I didn't get any points. The tickets weren't bought with points.....any idea why it's not showing that I earned any points? We booked the four tickets 11/10/14 and their website shows last activity for Rapid Rewards was this summer when I got some points for shopping. It shows zero earned last month? :confused3

Hi, my trip is for Feb 7 - 13th. Flying out of buffalo to Orlando.
I've bought our return flight tickets already, but was hoping for a price drop for the Feb 7th date. Wondering if others think its as good as it gets now, or should I hold out. I'm a bit nervous of it going up, but thought I would check if anyone has an idea if they tend to drop or raise prices 2 months out.

thanks!

Last-minute traveler hopin' for a code! Mid- to late-January, going from DTW to MCO. And since it's been 15 years (!) since I flew Southwest, I am not exactly sure how all this code stuff works, but I gather it's good to have one. :thumbsup2

Thanks,

The Chessguy

I have my Rapid Rewards number listed for my May 2015 flight, but I didn't get any points. The tickets weren't bought with points.....any idea why it's not showing that I earned any points? We booked the four tickets 11/10/14 and their website shows last activity for Rapid Rewards was this summer when I got some points for shopping. It shows zero earned last month? :confused3

As far as I know you do not earn points/miles until you take the flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter