Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I will be purchasing two SW tickets for my DD and I using rapid rewards points. Both of us have our own accounts with the needed points.
Question, can I buy both tickets at the same time and pay using the two accounts? Or do I need to log in under each account and buy the tickets that way.
Thanks in advance!:thumbsup2

I will be purchasing two SW tickets for my DD and I using rapid rewards points. Both of us have our own accounts with the needed points.
Question, can I buy both tickets at the same time and pay using the two accounts? Or do I need to log in under each account and buy the tickets that way.
Thanks in advance!:thumbsup2

Welcome to Dis!
You will need to log into each account to purchase using points from 2 accounts

Has anyone received this message when trying to book SW? We're going Manchester nh to MCO and I've been checking everyday since the late April to June fares were released but there haven't been any WGA fares. If I check Boston, I don't get the message but the fares are super high, 320 pp one way, with six of us going.

Has anyone received this message when trying to book SW? We're going Manchester nh to MCO and I've been checking everyday since the late April to June fares were released but there haven't been any WGA fares. If I check Boston, I don't get the message but the fares are super high, 320 pp one way, with six of us going.

I have never seen that message before.

I booked WGA fares on the day they were released for that time period (also going MHT to MCO, early May). Sadly, the fares have done nothing but rise since then!! I would keep an eye on them, and don't book on a weekend (it is said that Tuesdays are typically the best day to buy; I don't know if that's always true but I do know that on weekends, fares go up!).

On a final note: once you see a fare you can live with, JUMP ON IT. In my recent experience (and I've flown SW exclusively, several times a year, since '05) the days of deep discounts are over, and fares really only creep up after initial release (AND!....a personal beef I have with SW: those wonderful "sales" RARELY include MHT, and if they do it's to someplace stupid!!).

Oh, and I recently checked Boston fares; they were all higher and the schedules were much less convenient. Not worth the hassle of getting IN to Boston, IMHO.

Good luck! :thumbsup2

Hi,
I am new to the boards. I am trying to book my first flight for a trip from New Orleans to Orlando. When SW 1st released these flights they were $128.00 but increased to $148.00. I received an email that they are now on sale but theyou are now the original price of $128.00.

Do you think this will be the cheapest rate?
Should I book now?

Disneyworld May 20-28
POP Century

Possibly Pop Century May 20-26 and Universal May 26-28

Any information about Southwest will be appreciated :confused::scared1:

My advice to anyone is once you find a fare you can live with [afford], BOOK IT. SW likes to go up and down and you just never know what's coming next. If it drops again you can always do the cancel/re-book game, but if it doesn't, you'll end up paying more!

Hi,
I am new to the boards. I am trying to book my first flight for a trip from New Orleans to Orlando. When SW 1st released these flights they were $128.00 but increased to $148.00. I received an email that they are now on sale but theyou are now the original price of $128.00.

Do you think this will be the cheapest rate?
Should I book now?

Disneyworld May 20-28
POP Century

Possibly Pop Century May 20-26 and Universal May 26-28

Any information about Southwest will be appreciated :confused::scared1:

I would..isthat each way?
You can adjust to a lwer price if one is released and use the credit to be used on a flight within 12 months of your booking date too.

My advice to anyone is once you find a fare you can live with [afford], BOOK IT. SW likes to go up and down and you just never know what's coming next. If it drops again you can always do the cancel/re-book game, but if it doesn't, you'll end up paying more!

Thanks. I'll book now and wait to see if there is a better sale later.

I would..isthat each way?
You can adjust to a lwer price if one is released and use the credit to be used on a flight within 12 months of your booking date too.

Yes, it's both ways. So, for my family of 4 it's $1,024.00.

Hi - is there a tutorial on using SW points someone could point me to?

I've flown SW a few times just never on points. I'm thinking of getting the credit card which will give me 25k points. I have about 5000 points already. So my questions are:

1. Is there a way to estimate how many points needed for a flight not yet released? (early December)
2. One out of three will have the majority of airline points. I can use these to pay for others? If so, how do I do this?

TIA!

Hi - is there a tutorial on using SW points someone could point me to?

I've flown SW a few times just never on points. I'm thinking of getting the credit card which will give me 25k points. I have about 5000 points already. So my questions are:

1. Is there a way to estimate how many points needed for a flight not yet released? (early December)
2. One out of three will have the majority of airline points. I can use these to pay for others? If so, how do I do this?

TIA!

What I would do to estimate points is to look and see how many points they are for other dates at the moment. Pick a random date (and mark that you want to see fares in points) and then when it shows fares, click on the button that says Search Now in the Flexible Dates? box. Check out other months from there. That should give you a feel for the fare range.

To buy for others with points is no different than when you pay with cash for others, really. Make sure you are logged in with your RR number. When you search for flights, put in 3 people. As you're purchasing, it will ask you for the names of the passengers and take the point total from your account.

With 30,000 points you probably won't be able to buy 3 round trip tickets, so you may need to buy only one-ways with points and pay cash for the return or buy for 2 people with points and 1 with cash or whatever combination works with your points.

Sign up for the SWA email to get the specials. They often have specials to buy more points some times its 30 %, 40% or the rare 50%.

They just had the 40% off last month.

I just noticed that my flight for later this month went down$20 for dh and I, is it worth the hassle of rebooking? And if I do how quick do I get a refund from sw?

I just noticed that my flight for later this month went down$20 for dh and I, is it worth the hassle of rebooking? And if I do how quick do I get a refund from sw?
it is quite easy to do, and you don't technically get a refund..you get a credit for a future flight that has to be used within 12 months (I think it is)

Is there a way to tell if I've purchased early bird boarding for my flight? I thought I had already purchase it for my March flight a few months back, but I don't see any indication of it on my itinerary. If I've already purchased it, will it let me purchase it again?

Is there a way to tell if I've purchased early bird boarding for my flight? I thought I had already purchase it for my March flight a few months back, but I don't see any indication of it on my itinerary. If I've already purchased it, will it let me purchase it again?

If you can find the receipt in your email, it has always been marked on that.

I think there is also an EB somewhere on your itinerary on their website.

Could someone explain the Southwest codes... and if anyone has one I could use in February when I book for October, I'd be grateful. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter