Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I've seen people mentioning being up at 6am to book a flight. Can someone explain the benefit to booking the morning the flights are released? Are they typically cheaper the first day?

Also, where do the codes come from? Emails?

I've seen people mentioning being up at 6am to book a flight. Can someone explain the benefit to booking the morning the flights are released? Are they typically cheaper the first day?

Also, where do the codes come from? Emails?

In my recent (last year+) experience yes, the cheapest fares are on the day of release. Of course that is for my market and I have no idea if this holds true across the board for SW. I just know that when I've waited, I've regretted it (and paid more!!).

I have personally never received a "code" for SW. I get emails from them with sales and such offers, but never any kind of code that had to be entered to get that rate, so maybe someone else can comment on that?.....

The 50,000 point offer seems to come and go and I'm not sure if it's available through regular links but when I log into my Chase account, it's showing a "Refer-a-friend" offer for 50,000 points (and bonus points for the referrer.)

This is a great deal, BTW, and then, if you can find the 50k offer for the Business Card, you can get nearly all the way to qualifying for a Companion Pass....

PM me if you need the 50k point offer link, I guess?

The 50,000 point offer seems to come and go and I'm not sure if it's available through regular links but when I log into my Chase account, it's showing a "Refer-a-friend" offer for 50,000 points (and bonus points for the referrer.)

This is a great deal, BTW, and then, if you can find the 50k offer for the Business Card, you can get nearly all the way to qualifying for a Companion Pass....

PM me if you need the 50k point offer link, I guess?

We just applied for the card (new) last night and we were approved. They were offering 50K points. I plan on using the card to pay for the rest of the trip, so that will give me the 50K points. But I am waiting until I get the physical card. Do you have any idea, if they change the deals between now and when we get the actual card and spend the money, will we be grandfathered in to get the 50K deal? Honestly that is the only reason we even applied for the card. I figured that the 50K was enough for the 3 of us (if we drive a couple more hours to Memphis). But if they change it to less points, that would stink, since it is the only reason I signed up now.

We just applied for the card (new) last night and we were approved. They were offering 50K points. I plan on using the card to pay for the rest of the trip, so that will give me the 50K points. But I am waiting until I get the physical card. Do you have any idea, if they change the deals between now and when we get the actual card and spend the money, will we be grandfathered in to get the 50K deal? Honestly that is the only reason we even applied for the card. I figured that the 50K was enough for the 3 of us (if we drive a couple more hours to Memphis). But if they change it to less points, that would stink, since it is the only reason I signed up now.

You applied under the 50,000 points offer, you will get 50,000 points. That won't change even if the deal offered to new applicants changes soon.

I am sure the answer is obvious, but apparently I am stupid today..

Where, on the SW site, can I view what I have in travel credits? I know I should have some since my flight price went down and I changed my flight to snag it. I just cannot seem to locate it :)

Thanks!

I applied for the card, got the card, spent $2,000 and on the first statement (which just came a couple days ago) it shows 2,000 points for spending, but not the 50,000. How long has it been taking for everyone to get those points and be able to use them?

I applied for the card, got the card, spent $2,000 and on the first statement (which just came a couple days ago) it shows 2,000 points for spending, but not the 50,000. How long has it been taking for everyone to get those points and be able to use them?

Log in to your RR account on southwest.com. The bonus points usually show up there a couple of days after your statement closes. (So they are probably there now) Once they show there, you can use them. Your next statement will probably show the bonus points, but they should be online and usable long before that comes.

Nothing on there yet but the 2,000. I'll keep checking with fingers crossed they show up soon. The 2,000 for spending the 2,000 showed up on the 23rd.

Just posting to say, still no 50,000. It must be waiting until the next statement even though the 2,000 purchase points applied.

Just posting to say, still no 50,000. It must be waiting until the next statement even though the 2,000 purchase points applied.

It took us a couple of statements if I recall because the first statement really wasn't a full month. first statement showed the 2000 and then we had 50,000 by the second statement.

I am sure the answer is obvious, but apparently I am stupid today..

Where, on the SW site, can I view what I have in travel credits? I know I should have some since my flight price went down and I changed my flight to snag it. I just cannot seem to locate it :)

Thanks!

You're not stupid…unless we both are!! I can't find it on their website either! Anyone??

Ugh, flights will be released through Oct. 30 in a few weeks. I need a departure flight on Oct. 23 and return flight on Nov. 1. Would it be best to book a one-way for Oct.23 on the day the October flights are released (assuming it will be cheapest that day), and then book another one-way once November flights are released? Or would I get a better deal by waiting and booking round trip, once Nov. flights are released?

Ugh, flights will be released through Oct. 30 in a few weeks. I need a departure flight on Oct. 23 and return flight on Nov. 1. Would it be best to book a one-way for Oct.23 on the day the October flights are released (assuming it will be cheapest that day), and then book another one-way once November flights are released? Or would I get a better deal by waiting and booking round trip, once Nov. flights are released?

I would probably go ahead and book your October flight. Even if it goes down once you can book your November flight southwest will give you a credit for the difference which you could then use for your return flight. If the prices don't seem much better than normal than you could wait and see.

If you do book the departure and return flights separately then you may get two confirmation numbers. Not a big deal. Just something to keep in mind.

I would probably go ahead and book your October flight. Even if it goes down once you can book your November flight southwest will give you a credit for the difference which you could then use for your return flight. If the prices don't seem much better than normal than you could wait and see.

If you do book the departure and return flights separately then you may get two confirmation numbers. Not a big deal. Just something to keep in mind.
Thank you so much for the help!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter