Possible to only bring a carryon to Disney?

kayemgi

DIS Veteran
My husband and I are doing a quick little four-day weekend to Disney in March. Since we only need three days and three nights worth of clothes, I'd love to pack light and do carryon bags only. But sunscreen! Has anyone made it three full days with only 3-6 oz of sunscreen in their quart-size bags allowed by TSA? I feel like that won't be enough in March when the sun is getting stronger in Florida.

Take your allowed sunscreen on with you and then buy more down there if you need it. I've done carry-on only quite a bit. They only other thing to factor in is your return trip and if you are going to be buying anything to take home.

We only do carry-ons now! Even for longer trips! As the PP's said, take some with you and just buy more when you get there if need be. We are a family of 3, so I bring 3 sunscreens with us and we've never run out.

Forgot to add - I bring a foldable bag with us for anything extra we buy. That becomes one of our "personal bags" on the way home.

It can be done. Just recently visited WDW and brought only one carry-on luggage each for DS and I, for an 8 day/7 night stay. The travel sized sunscreen was plenty.

I definitely think it can be done.... but definitely buy more sunscreen down there. Dermatologist recommendation is a "shot glass" of sunscreen every hour.... that 3 oz tube is not going to go very far.

I never bring anything but a carry-on. Things work out fine. I usually bring 3 small sunscreens (the kind from the travel section at Target) and always have plenty. Travelling light is my style.

I definitely think it can be done.... but definitely buy more sunscreen down there. Dermatologist recommendation is a "shot glass" of sunscreen every hour.... that 3 oz tube is not going to go very far.
I can't imagine slathering a shot glass worth of sunscreen on every single hour. Ick.

We only travel with carry ons. As others have said, bring your small bottle to get started and buy more when you get there.

We carry on even if we are staying a week. It's not hard to find sunscreen at Disney if you end up needing it. It's over-priced, but still costs less than the fee for checking a bag. We usually just put sunscreen in carry on sized bottles (you can carry as many as you want - you're not limited to one small bottle).

Take your allowed sunscreen on with you and then buy more down there if you need it. I've done carry-on only quite a bit. They only other thing to factor in is your return trip and if you are going to be buying anything to take home.

We have a duffel bag that folds up into a pouch that I'm planning to bring in case we buy too much stuff. We are going again for a week in November though, so I'm hoping to keep souvenirs small on this trip!

We only do carry-ons now! Even for longer trips! As the PP's said, take some with you and just buy more when you get there if need be. We are a family of 3, so I bring 3 sunscreens with us and we've never run out.

Forgot to add - I bring a foldable bag with us for anything extra we buy. That becomes one of our "personal bags" on the way home.

Good to know, thanks! Yes, we're bringing a folding bag "just in case" too!

It can be done. Just recently visited WDW and brought only one carry-on luggage each for DS and I, for an 8 day/7 night stay. The travel sized sunscreen was plenty.

Excellent, good to know, thanks!

That's what I was thinking too, we are both pale Irish, so we use tons of sunscreen. Someone else pointed out to me that buying a bottle, even at Disney prices, will be cheaper than a checked bag fee, so that's likely what we'll do.

You can bring multiples in the allowance, just in separate small containers, if that helps?!

Yes, I realize that, but I need other toiletries as well! I can get by on Disney shampoo but my husband hates it so he brings his own, and I need conditioner, body wash, body lotion, face lotion, face wash, toothpaste, etc. Those quart bags fill up quick.

We carry on even if we are staying a week. It's not hard to find sunscreen at Disney if you end up needing it. It's over-priced, but still costs less than the fee for checking a bag. We usually just put sunscreen in carry on sized bottles (you can carry as many as you want - you're not limited to one small bottle).

Right, I know that, it's just that the quart bags fill up quick even without sunscreen. I'm happy with Disney shampoo, but I definitely need conditioner, I have skin issues so I need separate body and face washes and lotions, toothpaste, husband prefers his own shampoo, and so on.

So impressed by all of you who can just do carryon. Unless it's only one or two nites it never works. My shampoo, conditioner, makeup, face creams, wrinkle release for clothes, shoes, etc take up way too much room.

I know right?! I'm going to try it this trip though, and try to limit my toiletries to make it work. It's going to be a challenge!

Just to clarify, each person is allowed whatever liquids will fit in a quart sized ziploc.

It's amazing how much you can fit in a quart bag. I was shocked at how much room we had in ours!

Please share your secrets on what you pack in the carry-on to last you the whole vacation. I'm a terrible packer and bring everything but the kitchen sink. Even the 3 night trip we did in January, I brought 2 suitcases and a couple carry-on for 3 people.

You can have more than one zip loc bag. My husband always does. Maybe he's not supposed to, but we've never had an issue - and we only carry on and travel a lot.

OP Maybe you could consider sending the quantities needed of all your body care items in small bottles to the resort in advance of your trip? You would be amazed at what you can fit in the boxes that the postal service has available for a set fee - my personal favorite is the long, medium size and its less than $12 to ship it, the large size is less than $18 I think. By thinking ahead of what you would need for your short trip, transferring it to small bottles from the bottles you might already have, throw in small tubes of toothpaste/toothbrushes that are used and ready to be thrown out etc you would free up space in your carry on and the 3-1-1 quart bag each of you are allowed. I love being able to mail boxes ahead of time :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter