Port Orleans Riverside vs. French Quarters

debbiemarini

Earning My Ears
We are traveling in November to Disney and are trying to decide between staying at the Riverside or French Quarter. We are traveling with two families with a total of 7 kids (10 and under) and I know that the French Quarter is a smaller resort of the two. Any advice?

http://www.portorleans.org/

This is website run by a DISer and it has TONS of pics, maps etc.

I will say that if $$ is an issue, that typically POR runs better discounts than POFQ.

Also, if any of the families is family of 5, they will need to stay at POR since POFQ rooms can only hold families of 4.

Welcome to the DIS! :wave2:

I'm thinking of staying at either one if these for my honeymoon in May '14!!

I stayed at both resorts in the '90s when they were new and liked both. When we were deciding where to stay for our first family trip, we chose POFQ because it is much smaller. Our boys are 5 and we didn't want to wear them out with walking before we even got to a park.

We are traveling in November to Disney and are trying to decide between staying at the Riverside or French Quarter. We are traveling with two families with a total of 7 kids (10 and under) and I know that the French Quarter is a smaller resort of the two. Any advice?

Honestly, with 11 total people, I'd look into offsite in a pool home. Then you are all under the same roof and have separate sleeping space.

We have stayed in this 5 bedroom and it is gorgeous. www.orlando5.com

Port Orleans is my family's favorite resort. Some like POR and others favor POFQ. There are different menu options at the CS locations, so we typically walk between both resorts. If you like hustle and bustle, I would choose POR. There are always people milling around the gift shop, lobby and food court. I like that type of atmosphere. POFQ's food court is calmer and so is the gift shop. So, if you want peace and quiet choose POFQ.

Both POFQ and Riverside are my two favorite resorts, for different reasons. Both have the boats to DTD, which is one of my favorite things about these two resorts.

For an adult only trip, my choice would be POFQ. It is much much smaller than the other moderates. Very quiet and relaxing. Even when the resort is booked up, it doesn't seem like it at all. I love the theme and the grounds are awesome. The cobblestone streets with the street signs really immerse you into that Louisiana feel.

If I were traveling with kids, Riverside is perfect! This resort is larger and spread out. The pool there is better than FQ that's for sure! I like the food court much better at Riverside.. it seems to have more options and is larger. All of the amenities are at Riverside, but they are for both resorts.

We are staying in a Royal Room in November for the 1st time so we are looking forward to that! I have stayed in Alligator Bayou in the past but I like that you have an option of either that or Magnolia Bend! You really can't go wrong with Port Orleans! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter