Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2014 (Please read first post for FAQs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep reading negative reviews on tripadvisor about the bus transportation at POR. I'm traveling mid-August, plan to come back to the room midday each day. Do you waste so much time waiting for buses that a rental car is worth it? we do not plan to go off Disney property and was hopeful not to rent one. But some travelers were saying to allot 2 hrs a day for bus transportation. What do you guys think?

In my experience the bus line/wait is typically only bad/busy early in the morning around park opening and late at night around park closing. We went for a long weekend trip for my daughter's sweet 16, on two of the mornings we opted to take a taxi instead of waiting for the bus as we had early morning ADR's we didn't want to be late for. The taxi was around $7-10 each time, so a lot less than renting a car. Also, the taxi drops you off right in the front (except for magic kingdom) where with a rental car you would have to park in the parking lot and walk a long way or take a tram to the entrance. The only way I would rent a car would be if I was leaving Disney property. For magic kingdom we got the taxi to drop us off at the contemporary and walked to magic kingdom so we didn't have to wait for the monorail.

What is the best local pizza place that delivers to POR? We plan on eating pizza at least one night by the pool to save $$. Thanks

What is the best local pizza place that delivers to POR? We plan on eating pizza at least one night by the pool to save $$. Thanks

Not sure if they deliver or not but UNO's Pizzeria right outside Disney gates in Crossroads Shopping Center is very good.

The food court pizza is really good but don't order it room service. We did last Sunday night & 1 pizza & 1 salad cost $27 because they add tip etc in it. We were whipped & just didn't want to trek to food court. Next time we will .... Lol!!

The food court pizza is really good but don't order it room service. We did last Sunday night & 1 pizza & 1 salad cost $27 because they add tip etc in it. We were whipped & just didn't want to trek to food court. Next time we will .... Lol!!

In second this! We picked it up but it was really good!

With all the talk of the POR busses, can anybody speak to the accuracy of the new wait time screen at the South depot?

With all the talk of the POR busses, can anybody speak to the accuracy of the new wait time screen at the South depot?

The times were always fairly accurate (within a couple of minutes) during my trip in Feb.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

The times were always accurate within a few minutes during my trip in Feb.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

If we check in on May 26th when should I send a the fax for a room request. I know it is on here some where but it takes me forever to find things :rolleyes2

If we check in on May 26th when should I send a the fax for a room request. I know it is on here some where but it takes me forever to find things :rolleyes2

I would send it in this Weds coming up. That is right at the five days out mark. Also send it in the Morning if you can help it.

Well it may not be the best, but Domino's deliver. There's a Pizza Hut in the Crossroads area right before doing onto property. Not sure if they deliver.

I can't speak to the bus wait times. My family and I don't particularly care for the buses. I can say the first time we stayed in POR was when it was called Dixie Landings, the buses were horrible. But that was years ago. The most recent time we stayed there, we just decided we were going to drive everywhere. That way we don't have to wait and we make one stop, our resort :)

Has POR ever been an eligible resort in the free dining promotion? I don't really care about the first years that the dining plan was established....but say, anytime in the past 4 years or so? We are considering this resort for our 2015 vacation, but people have said we're not likely to get the free dining promotion staying at POR. Just curious...as I begin my heavy duty planning for 2015. :-)

Has POR ever been an eligible resort in the free dining promotion? I don't really care about the first years that the dining plan was established....but say, anytime in the past 4 years or so? We are considering this resort for our 2015 vacation, but people have said we're not likely to get the free dining promotion staying at POR. Just curious...as I begin my heavy duty planning for 2015. :-)

They have been up until this year.

Venom, Andre...what is your opinion about them raising prices for 2015? Didn't they go up pretty good this year?

Also I will have 2 adults in my room with me and we will all be room charging but paying separately- is there a way to make all of our bands separate at check in?

Venom, Andre...what is your opinion about them raising prices for 2015? Didn't they go up pretty good this year?

They go up every year, and will continue to do so until guests stop coming.

Like death and taxes, this is just one of life's little certainties.

Andre

Last year, POR was included in the general free dining promo. This year it seems to not be.

I booked POR this year (and last year) with a free dining PIN. It's worth noting, I think, that I've been limited to a royal room w/ garden view. We love the room, so it's not an issue. But that room type is more expensive than some other options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter