• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2014 (Please read first post for FAQs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the best local pizza place that delivers to POR? We plan on eating pizza at least one night by the pool to save $$. Thanks

When we were there last year, we ordered from the food court the pizza there. Had it twice and it wasn't to badly priced and tasty. I would just order what you need from there and take it to the pool. You wouldn't have to worry about delivery charges, them finding the right hotel, etc.

When we were there last year, we ordered from the food court the pizza there. Had it twice and it wasn't to badly priced and tasty. I would just order what you need from there and take it to the pool. You wouldn't have to worry about delivery charges, them finding the right hotel, etc.

My husband got a pizza and two side salads and brought it to the room so the kids could eat quickly and change for the pool. It was decent. You could easily bring it to the pool with little to no effort, rather than bothering with delivering it. They might have trouble getting in, not sure where they would let you meet them as I believe you cannot order it to the room. Cheaper than ordering the delivery through the resort.

Carriage rides say 3 adults and 2 kids, do you think they would allow 3 adults, 4 yo, 2 yo and infant?

Hi all! We leave in 8 days!! We are so excited!! It's a first trip for all members of my family. Anyway, I have Amazon Prime, and I plan to ship breakfast foods (none that need to be refrigerated, but one small package has chocolate in the granola bar).... My questions are regarding timing and shipping address.

1) I saw the 2 addresses listed on the BEST unofficial POR website :), but I guess I'm a dummy when it comes to shipping. It says use the PO Box for Post and street address for courier. Which would it be for Amazon Prime? I'm guessing the street address...?

2) With Amazon Prime, they guarantee two-day shipping, but I don't want to wait too late to have it shipped... And with this coming weekend being a holiday, I'm wondering if I should go ahead and order it today (to arrive on Thursday before the big rush).... if not, when would you suggest placing the order?

thanks!!!

Hi all! We leave in 8 days!! We are so excited!! It's a first trip for all members of my family. Anyway, I have Amazon Prime, and I plan to ship breakfast foods (none that need to be refrigerated, but one small package has chocolate in the granola bar).... My questions are regarding timing and shipping address. 1) I saw the 2 addresses listed on the BEST unofficial POR website :), but I guess I'm a dummy when it comes to shipping. It says use the PO Box for Post and street address for courier. Which would it be for Amazon Prime? I'm guessing the street address...? 2) With Amazon Prime, they guarantee two-day shipping, but I don't want to wait too late to have it shipped... And with this coming weekend being a holiday, I'm wondering if I should go ahead and order it today (to arrive on Thursday before the big rush).... if not, when would you suggest placing the order? thanks!!!

Anyone have thoughts?

Hi all! We leave in 8 days!! We are so excited!! It's a first trip for all members of my family. Anyway, I have Amazon Prime, and I plan to ship breakfast foods (none that need to be refrigerated, but one small package has chocolate in the granola bar).... My questions are regarding timing and shipping address.

1) I saw the 2 addresses listed on the BEST unofficial POR website :), but I guess I'm a dummy when it comes to shipping. It says use the PO Box for Post and street address for courier. Which would it be for Amazon Prime? I'm guessing the street address...?

2) With Amazon Prime, they guarantee two-day shipping, but I don't want to wait too late to have it shipped... And with this coming weekend being a holiday, I'm wondering if I should go ahead and order it today (to arrive on Thursday before the big rush).... if not, when would you suggest placing the order?

thanks!!!

I would be interested to hear how this goes. I was thinking of doing the same thing in October. Will you come back and post after the trip to let me know how shipping from Amazon with Prime works out for you?

I would be interested to hear how this goes. I was thinking of doing the same thing in October. Will you come back and post after the trip to let me know how shipping from Amazon with Prime works out for you?

I will report back! I went ahead and used the street address and placed the order today. We'll see!

I will report back! I went ahead and used the street address and placed the order today. We'll see!

The street address is safe either way; if it does get sent by post, then the post office know enough to drop all Disney Resort mail off at Disney's central sorting location anyway.

Andre

We are now 5 days out and I just sent in my fax request! We will keep our fingers crossed on the requests. Either way, we are very excited for our first on property stay!

We are now 5 days out and I just sent in my fax request! We will keep our fingers crossed on the requests. Either way, we are very excited for our first on property stay!
fingers crossed! You will love it. What did you request? 5 days for us to go :-)

Sent my room request fax with gotfreefax ! Is there anyway of seeing or reading the fax I sent ?

Obviously it will depend on your phone's capacity and how much other stuff you have on it, but in my experience about 1900 pictures takes up 7.2 GB of space.

We have gone laptop-less the last two trips but took enough SD cards to store our camera's pics on there. We did wind up having Amazon ship another card to the resort, which beat buying one at Disney.

I remember from previous visits that you could go to one of the photo places in the parks and they would backup your memory card to a DVD and clear your memory card for you.

Do they still do this? Maybe they would do it for iPhones too if you bring your cable with you.

I don't want to bring my laptop either. One, I don't feel like dealing with it at the airport and two, I don't want to get roped into working while on holiday!

I remember from previous visits that you could go to one of the photo places in the parks and they would backup your memory card to a DVD and clear your memory card for you.

If Disney still do it, I'd put money on buying a new spare 16GB or even 32GB memory card from Amazon being a cheaper option...

Andre

fingers crossed! You will love it. What did you request? 5 days for us to go :-)

I requested a room as close to the main building and south bus depot as possible in Alligator Bayou due to my wife's medical condition. It would help her tremendously at the end of a long day to have a shorter walk to our room. I also asked for a first floor room so she didn't have to deal with the stairs.

We could only afford a Garden view room, so I am not sure how close we will actually get, but hoping for the best!

Sent my room request fax with gotfreefax ! Is there anyway of seeing or reading the fax I sent ?

I am afraid not and due to us being busier in this season guests may not get confirmation calls, emails, etc if we don't have the time available. Not trying to be mean, we just are busy beyond belief right now.

I don't want to bring my laptop either. One, I don't feel like dealing with it at the airport and two, I don't want to get roped into working while on holiday!

The new thing with airport screenings, you don't have to actually take that out anymore and put it in a separate bin any more and then pack it back up. You can leave it packed and they can scan it now. No frustration anymore.

If Disney still do it, I'd put money on buying a new spare 16GB or even 32GB memory card from Amazon being a cheaper option...

Andre

They have an iPhone no memory card. So that wont work. As far as I know they dont back anything up anymore.

I requested a room as close to the main building and south bus depot as possible in Alligator Bayou due to my wife's medical condition. It would help her tremendously at the end of a long day to have a shorter walk to our room. I also asked for a first floor room so she didn't have to deal with the stairs. We could only afford a Garden view room, so I am not sure how close we will actually get, but hoping for the best!
that's great! Oddly enough I will need a similar room. I have an accessible room booked as I am disabled. I have requested near transport and ground floor! Good luck to you and your wife! Have a magical time :-)

that's great! Oddly enough I will need a similar room. I have an accessible room booked as I am disabled. I have requested near transport and ground floor! Good luck to you and your wife! Have a magical time :-)

Thanks! I hope you have a wonderful vacation as well! Who knows, we may be next door neighbors. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter