• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2014 (Please read first post for FAQs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
it says I have 7.5 gbs avail and I haven't taken all my pics off or deleted my unused apps

how do you get the disboards app?

it says I have 7.5 gbs avail and I haven't taken all my pics off or deleted my unused apps how do you get the disboards app?
So you're good for about 2000 more pics. That should do it.

In the App Store search for DISBoards (without a space). It is a free app from Werner Technologies. Install it, log in, and you should be good to go.

I just carry a spare fully charged battery for my phone in my wallet which I can swap over to in a few seconds. And a decent sized Micro-SD card handles any amount of photos I might want to take...

... but then I also didn't buy an iPhone. :)

Andre

Does anyone know approximately how many photos an iPhone 5s would hold?

That's why I worded my response the way I did, lol. No SD Card or removable battery, but then again I love my iPhone also!!!:thumbsup2

But enough about phones, I was thinking about POR needs something out front that is functional. Ok this is where I am going with this. They have the mill water wheel, but I think it needs something similar in the front. Kind of like poly had the waterfall in the lobby. I dunno, but I wanted to help get this back to about POR and less about cell phones lol.

We were fortunate enough to have one member of our party have a FD PIN for October, and we are staying at POR!! Our dates were a little off, so we have to do a RO for one night, and then the package for the remaining 6 nights.

My question is this...if we book the RO for the same room type as the rest of our package, how likely are we to be assigned the same room for our entire stay? I plan to fax and request it, but do they typically do that?

I know that nothing is guaranteed, but I REALLY don't want to take all of our luggage to bell services and then have to deal with getting into a new room after a day at the parks.

We had to book a Royal Room - Garden View to get the free dining, so it is a little bit of extra money to book our RO in that category. Worth it? Or should we just assume that they won't be able to assign the same room?

Any advice is appreciated!!

We were fortunate enough to have one member of our party have a FD PIN for October, and we are staying at POR!! Our dates were a little off, so we have to do a RO for one night, and then the package for the remaining 6 nights.

My question is this...if we book the RO for the same room type as the rest of our package, how likely are we to be assigned the same room for our entire stay? I plan to fax and request it, but do they typically do that?

I know that nothing is guaranteed, but I REALLY don't want to take all of our luggage to bell services and then have to deal with getting into a new room after a day at the parks.

We had to book a Royal Room - Garden View to get the free dining, so it is a little bit of extra money to book our RO in that category. Worth it? Or should we just assume that they won't be able to assign the same room?

Any advice is appreciated!!

Yes we just assume keep you int he same room the whole time. I would mention that in a room fax if you send one in or when you check in see if they have any problem keeping you in the same room.

I have been to WDW many, many times, I get emails from them. I've never gotten a pin code or a special offer. Is this because I always stayed off site?

I have been to WDW many, many times, I get emails from them. I've never gotten a pin code or a special offer. Is this because I always stayed off site?

There is no rhyme or reason to getting a PIN, unfortunately!

it says I have 7.5 gbs avail and I haven't taken all my pics off or deleted my unused apps

how do you get the disboards app?

Good luck with the app. I have it on my ipad and iPhone and still use safari because the app continuously errors out when trying to load a page.. :confused3

this will be our first stay onsite and at POR and we can't wait! We're staying 11 days in August. DD is 15 and a real trooper in the parks. I've plotted out the hours and crowd calendar for our stay. How many non-park days would you schedule? we've never had non-park days before because we've never stayed so long. But we want to enjoy POR pools and we have free tix to Quest and want to spend a little time at DTD. I was thinking pick the most crowded days at the parks, pick those as down days. Maybe 2 down days? Go to Quest in the am before it gets crowded, eat at DTD (we have QS plan) and come back and swim and do laundry. But should I get Fast pass+ tix just in case we decide to go to the parks those nights?

also, the reviews on the buses are all over the place. Is it realistic to come back from the park midday to recharge and go back again later? I'm really hoping to not rent a car

also, the reviews on the buses are all over the place. Is it realistic to come back from the park midday to recharge and go back again later? I'm really hoping to not rent a car

I always take a break at midday and always use Disney Transportation. I drive down each trip so even though I have a car I had rather let someone else do the driving. If i do have a tight schedule for an ADR I will take a taxi. Non park days are a great idea. I would go ahead and make some FP+ selections on those days just in case. Have fun and enjoy the Magic.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

How many non-park days would you schedule?

If you've got the time, don't think in terms of 'park days' and 'non park days', think more in terms of a park in the morning, then back to the resort or going shopping in the afternoon, then maybe back to another park or another resort for meal and fireworks. Or a quiet morning and then a park late afternoon/early evening. Mix it up a bit. Makes for a much less tiring trip, and more 'productive' times spent in the parks.

Andre

this will be our first stay onsite and at POR and we can't wait! We're staying 11 days in August. DD is 15 and a real trooper in the parks. I've plotted out the hours and crowd calendar for our stay. How many non-park days would you schedule? we've never had non-park days before because we've never stayed so long. But we want to enjoy POR pools and we have free tix to Quest and want to spend a little time at DTD. I was thinking pick the most crowded days at the parks, pick those as down days. Maybe 2 down days? Go to Quest in the am before it gets crowded, eat at DTD (we have QS plan) and come back and swim and do laundry. But should I get Fast pass+ tix just in case we decide to go to the parks those nights?

In August we always leave the parks after lunch to return to resort for a mid day pool break, and down time. In the evening or late afternoon you can make a DTD evening, and plan on dining there.

Like Andre, I don't think of it as planning non park days, but touring at a relaxed pace, not staying at parks open to close.

Our August trip we will be there (Poly) 14 nights. I think we have 2 water park days planned. One of which we plan on a DTD evening after WP, to walk around and go to the AMC Fork & Dine movie.
Another day we plan on a morning (not early) breakfast buffet at Ft. W, then maybe go to a park after for awhile.

In the evenings we may go back to a park, DTD, or just chill! Have a leisurely dinner at a resort and walk around there, check out gift shops, etc.

I think POR has decent busses. We stay in the mansion section and prefer using the bus depot there rather then the very busy, chaotic, main South Depot. We have the occas time when 3-4 of EVERY park bus goes by but ours, but that has happened at any resort I've stayed at. 99% of the time they run well.
Getting back for a mid day break is very easy.

Maybe :confused3. If you don't have a wdw account and you're not in the system you wouldn't get pins. If you sign up for MDE, and nay be request the planning DVD you may have a better chance.
I've been going to wdw twice a year for years, and have only rec'd 2 pins :rolleyes:

When we went in August, a midday break at the hotel to swim was crucial. We usually don't do a full "non-park" day, but may have days where we only go to one of the 4 major for just a morning or just an evening. We use Disney transportation exclusively and have never had a problem. We experience longer waits first thing in the morning when buses are overloaded with people trying to get to the parks and at park closing times. But in the middle of the day, we never had more than a 15 minute wait.

Be aware that Disney Quest doesn't open until later. I think it's 11:30, but it could be 11:00 so it's not something to do in the morning.

I keep reading negative reviews on tripadvisor about the bus transportation at POR. I'm traveling mid-August, plan to come back to the room midday each day. Do you waste so much time waiting for buses that a rental car is worth it? we do not plan to go off Disney property and was hopeful not to rent one. But some travelers were saying to allot 2 hrs a day for bus transportation. What do you guys think?

I keep reading negative reviews on tripadvisor about the bus transportation at POR. I'm traveling mid-August, plan to come back to the room midday each day. Do you waste so much time waiting for buses that a rental car is worth it? we do not plan to go off Disney property and was hopeful not to rent one. But some travelers were saying to allot 2 hrs a day for bus transportation. What do you guys think?

We often go during the busiest, hottest times of the year, and the longest I have waited for a bus is 20 minutes. So, to me, worst case scenario would be 20 min waiting for the bus each way, 30 min on the bus each way; that adds up to 1hr 40min. But as a real example, we left some medication in our room on the 4th of July, I left MK at a little after 11am. Went to POFQ and back by noon, then to lunch at cosmic rays for a one hour lunch line.

I guess they should have ordered for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter