Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2014 (Please read first post for FAQs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are doing a one night stay at POR before a 7 night stay at another resort. We will not arrive til 11:30pm. Bc we will not have much time here, is there anything on the priority of things to see before moving on to the next resort. We will just have a couple of hours in the morning. Also, how is the QS options w food allergies for breakfast? TIA:) looking forward to seeing POR!

It's such a lovely resort so take a stroll, bike rental or horse carriage ride around. Also, disney is great when accommodating those with good allergies so I expect the QS dining at POR to be the same though I've never personally had experience with it. Also, go next door to the French Quarter to try the beignets if you get a chance. Soooo yummy!

It's such a lovely resort so take a stroll, bike rental or horse carriage ride around. Also, disney is great when accommodating those with good allergies so I expect the QS dining at POR to be the same though I've never personally had experience with it. Also, go next door to the French Quarter to try the beignets if you get a chance. Soooo yummy!

How far is the walk to the French Quarter?

Hi all! :wave2: My husband and i will be checking in on 10/28-Nov 4th. This is our first time staying anywhere other than POP. We had a ressie at CBR, but when I tried to call about an hour ago, they had no more room only discount ressies left. :confused3 I can't remember discounts going this fast ever. Anyway, they had POR available for the RO discount so I snagged one. I have never made such a quick decision about anything (ESPECIALLY Disney related :rotfl2:) So to make a long story short, we are booked and will see if we made a good choice with the switch. See some of you real soon!:banana::banana::cheer2:

Hi all! :wave2: My husband and i will be checking in on 10/28-Nov 4th. This is our first time staying anywhere other than POP. We had a ressie at CBR, but when I tried to call about an hour ago, they had no more room only discount ressies left. :confused3 I can't remember discounts going this fast ever. Anyway, they had POR available for the RO discount so I snagged one. I have never made such a quick decision about anything (ESPECIALLY Disney related :rotfl2:) So to make a long story short, we are booked and will see if we made a good choice with the switch. See some of you real soon!:banana::banana::cheer2:

You definitely made a good choice!

]

You made a fine choice. Having stayed at a variety of resorts (including CBR and POR), I can tell you that POR is nicely themed, well maintained, adequately serviced by buses and boats, and impressively blessed with an excellent food court and table table service restaurant. Be sure to say hey to Bob Jackson on the piano!
POR has a romantic ambiance that my wife and I find to be a wonderful setting for WDW vacations.

]

You made a fine choice. Having stayed at a variety of resorts (including CBR and POR), I can tell you that POR is nicely themed, well maintained, adequately serviced by buses and boats, and impressively blessed with an excellent food court and table table service restaurant. Be sure to say hey to Bob Jackson on the piano!
POR has a romantic ambiance that my wife and I find to be a wonderful setting for WDW vacations.

I couldn't agree more. POR is definitely our favorite Moderate. I don't even know what our second favorite mod would be.

I couldn't agree more. POR is definitely our favorite Moderate. I don't even know what our second favorite mod would be.

Agreed! Having stayed at all but one moderate POR is my favorite. It has such a nice relaxing ambiance. It also has a nice table service restaurant and boat service which most moderates don't have.

Agreed! Having stayed at all but one moderate POR is my favorite. It has such a nice relaxing ambiance. It also has a nice table service restaurant and boat service which most moderates don't have.

I haven't stayed at any other moderates. I am always afraid I will wish I was at POR!

Hi everyone! Brand new member, 1st post - SIA for any newb-ish behavior!

I am starting to plan for our first family trip to WDW and am in love with POR. In a email conversation with a TA today I was told that she couldn't book us into POR as a family of 5 due to the age of our children. I assured her that I had done a ton of research (including on this board) and found the measurements of the small bed to be more than adequate for my VERY petite daughter.

Does anyone know if there is a "restriction" based on age for a family of 5 staying in POR rooms? TIA

Hi everyone! Brand new member, 1st post - SIA for any newb-ish behavior!

I am starting to plan for our first family trip to WDW and am in love with POR. In a email conversation with a TA today I was told that she couldn't book us into POR as a family of 5 due to the age of our children. I assured her that I had done a ton of research (including on this board) and found the measurements of the small bed to be more than adequate for my VERY petite daughter.

Does anyone know if there is a "restriction" based on age for a family of 5 staying in POR rooms? TIA

First of all, Welcome to the DIS! :welcome:

Second of all, you have done your research because you know more than your TA. :thumbsup2 You are correct, there is no age restriction for the 5th person in the POR Alligator Bayou rooms. We have had 4 Disney Adults (18+) and a 17 yr. old with no issues.

First of all, Welcome to the DIS! :welcome:

Second of all, you have done your research because you know more than your TA. :thumbsup2 You are correct, there is no age restriction for the 5th person in the POR Alligator Bayou rooms. We have had 4 Disney Adults (18+) and a 17 yr. old with no issues.

Woohoo! :thanks: for the reply - you rock.

Now the question is... Should I research a new TA? :eek:

Just booked POR in a preferred room for Oct. 26 -Nov 2. We switched from BC and are saving $1100. There was no way that BC was $1100 better than POR. I am very excited for our first stay at POR.

Welcome to the boards!
In answer to your question: Yes! Or book it yourself.

Thank you for the warm welcome - and the back up! My family thinks I'm an over-planning nut but I really feel like my TA should know more about WDW than I do if I'm trusting them to help me organize this. :bitelip:

Thank you for the warm welcome - and the back up! My family thinks I'm an over-planning nut but I really feel like my TA should know more about WDW than I do if I'm trusting them to help me organize this. :bitelip:

You are now in the land of over planning nuts! You need a different TA because you are not going to trust her on anything else she says. Find someone else. A trip to WDW takes a certain amount of planning. That's just the reality. Keep researching!

Haha. I feel like if I never actually get to Disneyworld, although I'd be super sad I'd still have had my money's worth just from the months of planning fun!!!!

You're among friends. :)

Also, another vote for finding a new TA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter