Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2014 (Please read first post for FAQs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes, that is a different story. Rates may be higher that weekend. The only way to know for sure is to call and find out or get on the website and try to book it. the sooner the better because it only gets pricey as the time gets closer.

Exactly. lol

I will just have to call. I am hearing that if you book a room only, then switch it to a package, you still have to pay the $200 deposit on top of the room only deposit you already paid. Is that true?

Me and my family are planning our first trip to Disney and are planning on staying at POR. I really do not want to stay in Alligator Bayou and was wondering how I can stay in one of the mansions?

Me and my family are planning our first trip to Disney and are planning on staying at POR. I really do not want to stay in Alligator Bayou and was wondering how I can stay in one of the mansions?

You can request it when you do your online check in or call before hand. If you still see that you have been that room upon arrival you can ask to change it. They are pretty good about those sorts of things, you shouldn't have a problem. What I usually request with my online check in is usually what I get.

You can request it when you do your online check in or call before hand. If you still see that you have been that room upon arrival you can ask to change it. They are pretty good about those sorts of things, you shouldn't have a problem. What I usually request with my online check in is usually what I get.

Okay thank you so much. We are thinking about staying in a RR but if we don't stay in one we want to be in a mansion. Thanks again!!

Okay thank you so much. We are thinking about staying in a RR but if we don't stay in one we want to be in a mansion. Thanks again!!

If you are booking a royal room you need to specify that because that will usually cost a little more. Make sure if you are making a reservation online or over the phone that you specify that you want to book a Royal Room. I've stayed in Royal Rooms each time I've stayed at POR and it has always been more expensive than any other room in the resort.

Ok.......10 days!
We were just thinking of scheduling a carriage ride in the evening.....thoughts/suggestions?
Also, will be getting an ECV from www.buenavistascooters.com.
When I make my fax request do I write that I have one waiting for me?
I just want this 9 day trip to be fantastic!
Although, will be heading to Saratoga Springs in September for F/W. First time ever!

Exactly. lol

I will just have to call. I am hearing that if you book a room only, then switch it to a package, you still have to pay the $200 deposit on top of the room only deposit you already paid. Is that true?

If I were you I would wait a week. I'm a TA and I was notified by Disney that 2015 packages will be available to book beginning on 7/30. Yes, that whole week in February will be more than the rest of the month as most schools on our their winter break along with the Princess Half Marathon going on. My family has gone that week for the past couple years and the weather has been absolutely perfect, not too hot, not cold (at least for us northerners). Royal rooms are among the most expensive rooms at POR especially is you book a river view/pool view royal room. My family stayed in a regular mansion room and a pool view Alligator Bayou room. We were pleasantly surprised that we enjoyed the Alligator Bayou room even more than the mansion room & we loved the mansions. I think you'll be happy with any type of room at POR, the resort is beautiful. If you end up booking a non-royal room, you could request a mansion room.

Just switched my reservation for August from Pop to POR and I'm so excited because I've never stayed at POR before! Quick question: I know that the air conditioners at Pop are like...motion sensor. Is this the same at POR? Just trying to decide if I need to get a balloon to keep the ac running overnight.

Thanks!
Courtneyprincess:

WOW! So I'm just messing around, looking at room rates, etc. and for the week that we are going in October, ALL of the POR room categories except Garden View and the four Royal Room categories are unavailable. It sounds like our vacation is going to be super crowded! :crowded: And here I thought October was supposed to be one of the LESS busy times of year!

I know my family is planning on October too and we could not believed how booked everything is getting. I thought it was supposed to be a slower time of year too!:confused3

If you are booking a royal room you need to specify that because that will usually cost a little more. Make sure if you are making a reservation online or over the phone that you specify that you want to book a Royal Room. I've stayed in Royal Rooms each time I've stayed at POR and it has always been more expensive than any other room in the resort.

I know they are more expensive I just haven't decided if we want to pay for the upgrade or just try to stay in the mansions. Thank you though.

If I were you I would wait a week. I'm a TA and I was notified by Disney that 2015 packages will be available to book beginning on 7/30. Yes, that whole week in February will be more than the rest of the month as most schools on our their winter break along with the Princess Half Marathon going on. My family has gone that week for the past couple years and the weather has been absolutely perfect, not too hot, not cold (at least for us northerners). Royal rooms are among the most expensive rooms at POR especially is you book a river view/pool view royal room. My family stayed in a regular mansion room and a pool view Alligator Bayou room. We were pleasantly surprised that we enjoyed the Alligator Bayou room even more than the mansion room & we loved the mansions. I think you'll be happy with any type of room at POR, the resort is beautiful. If you end up booking a non-royal room, you could request a mansion room.

Thank you for the info! I was planning on waiting, but then people started talking about making their reservations and things filling up. I got nervous! I have actually stayed at POR twice before. It is my favorite! I have only ever stayed in the mansions though. Thanks for your input on the Bayou rooms!

You should be fine getting to the Reservation. I have circled the dock it comes to at the moment with a red circle.

Capture_zps2dc25d7b.png

A sincere thank you for taking the time, to give me this information :hug:
We truly miss POR (have not been able to afford to be on site our last few trips and this will be our 5th stay at POR) We love the ride to DTD from POR, so I definitely wanted this to be a part of our stay. Reading about the construction at DTD made me hesitant but, having the knowledge of what is truly going on empowers me to go forward with our plan. :thumbsup2

Thank you for making a difference in our trip, it is people like you that make me love the DIS. I have a love/hate thing sometimes with the DIS:surfweb: :rolleyes1 KWIM?

Thanks for the Map showing the boat dock at DTD!!! I didn't realize it was that close to Raglan Road, which I where we are thinking about dining :cool1:

How does everyone enjoy the pool at POR? Do they serve any food at the pool bar? or just drinks (which is not a bad thing ;) ) And do they have towels at the pool?

Thanks in advance
Missy

Just switched my reservation for August from Pop to POR and I'm so excited because I've never stayed at POR before! Quick question: I know that the air conditioners at Pop are like...motion sensor. Is this the same at POR? Just trying to decide if I need to get a balloon to keep the ac running overnight.

Thanks!
Courtneyprincess:

Yay! You'll have a great time! I don't remember the air conditioners being motion sensored. I think it was just on all the time to keep a certain temperature set by the wall thermostat. But I could be wrong?

Yay! You'll have a great time! I don't remember the air conditioners being motion sensored. I think it was just on all the time to keep a certain temperature set by the wall thermostat. But I could be wrong?

Thank you! I just remember last time I was at Pop, we bought a balloon and tied it to a char in front of the ac, so that the movement of the balloon would keep the ac running all night. Hah! :lmao: Just wasn't sure if I needed to plan on doing that this time too!

We were booked in a prefered room for 12/5-12/13 tried to getnew discount no preffered rooms left. So had to go with garden view. Saved me $500. Have only stayed preferred. Tell me the garden view room wont be too bad. How far of a walk to main bld

We were booked in a prefered room for 12/5-12/13 tried to getnew discount no preffered rooms left. So had to go with garden view. Saved me $500. Have only stayed preferred. Tell me the garden view room wont be too bad. How far of a walk to main bld
I just stayed in a Garden View in February. It was toward the back, but the walk wasn't too bad. It was beautiful and very quiet! There is also a bus stop back there.

Well there's no guarantee, but just make some requests. If you don't care if it's a mansion or AB too. We requested Mansions last time and got Magnolia building. Yes, we got a far garden view on the backside of the building but the walk was still not far at all. Very pleasant and a bonus for the kids it was very close to the quiet pool., not a view of it, but just around the corner.

If you prefer AB, try and make a request on that, you could request anything that's not preferred, some of those buildings are not that far. As far as a room is concerned it will be the same as the preferred, just not in one of those preferred buildings.

A sincere thank you for taking the time, to give me this information :hug:
We truly miss POR (have not been able to afford to be on site our last few trips and this will be our 5th stay at POR) We love the ride to DTD from POR, so I definitely wanted this to be a part of our stay. Reading about the construction at DTD made me hesitant but, having the knowledge of what is truly going on empowers me to go forward with our plan. :thumbsup2

Thank you for making a difference in our trip, it is people like you that make me love the DIS. I have a love/hate thing sometimes with the DIS:surfweb: :rolleyes1 KWIM?

I hear ya, there are days I don't log in because I may have had a swamped day of Disney. But I love my job and to help guests coming here to enjoy their vacations, as I was once one of those guests lol and I know how it feels first hand to have someone give that extra bit of magic or help to make the visit as special, I mean magical as possible!

Thanks for the Map showing the boat dock at DTD!!! I didn't realize it was that close to Raglan Road, which I where we are thinking about dining :cool1:

Thanks in advance
Missy

Yeah no problem. Glad you made use of it.

We are doing a one night stay at POR before a 7 night stay at another resort. We will not arrive til 11:30pm. Bc we will not have much time here, is there anything on the priority of things to see before moving on to the next resort. We will just have a couple of hours in the morning. Also, how is the QS options w food allergies for breakfast? TIA:) looking forward to seeing POR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter