Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Two [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh don't tell me that!! I can't check in online because we are all not showing up. Plus, my DH doesn't have park tickets listed, BUT my DD11 has 2 listed in her name!! Ughhhh.

Mine shows tickets for DH and DS, but not me. And it shows my party with DS twice and DH once. Says DH made the ressie, when I did. And I'm not listed. Hopefully with any luck, when I do online check in, it will work out and I can do MB with no issues. Because when I select "my family" it lists us correctly. So idk :confused3 I guess only time will tell.

Mine shows tickets for DH and DS, but not me. And it shows my party with DS twice and DH once. Says DH made the ressie, when I did. And I'm not listed. Hopefully with any luck, when I do online check in, it will work out and I can do MB with no issues. Because when I select "my family" it lists us correctly. So idk :confused3 I guess only time will tell.

The CM told me that DH may have did something on his MDE, but he didn't. I do all the planning. He doesn't even have the app on his phone nor did he sign in to his account on the computer. I thought I read somewhere, that if your tickets aren't linked correctly, your FP will not work. That's why I'm trying to get it straightened out before we go. Under my friends & family, they're listed correctly.

The CM told me that DH may have did something on his MDE, but he didn't. I do all the planning. He doesn't even have the app on his phone nor did he sign in to his account on the computer. I thought I read somewhere, that if your tickets aren't linked correctly, your FP will not work. That's why I'm trying to get it straightened out before we go. Under my friends & family, they're listed correctly.

Maybe ill try IT again then. I can do online check in, in 5 days. Frustrating.

Does everyone get Mickey Mail? We are in Australia ans haven't received anything with about 26 days to go. I would think that we don't, being so far away??

I'm waiting for mine to but I'm in the US, I'm around 35 days out wondering when they send it...???

I received my Magical Express mail today with my luggage tags in it, and we don't arrive until mid-November! Unexpected but exciting!

I am 35 days out from our trip and about 40 days out from our POR stay.

I was able to do my FP+check in for the 21st (we are at the Contemporary - go on the Disney cruise) and then again when I return on the 26th and 27th for the FASTPASS +, Nothing after that from 9/28 - 10/4, says not available:confused3

I am still trying to figure out how to get the BOG lunch FP+.:confused3
that I hear people are able to get.

I also did my travel through my TA and so far have not heard from her about the docs. I will probably call her something next weekend.

So if I do online check in now to get MB now. Can I put in the "Mansion Building, First floor, close to pool" request?

If I online check in can I still fax a room request 10 days before arrival and have it possibly acted on?

You can't make any free-form requests using Online Checkin, they should already have been added to your original reservation beforehand. There are a few basic tickboxes in OLCI, but the general advice seems to be that these are best left unticked in case they overwrite any of the wording in your original booking. You can still fax about 3-5 days before arrival after you have done Online Checkin though.

Does everyone get Mickey Mail? We are in Australia ans haven't received anything with about 26 days to go. I would think that we don't, being so far away??

No, most International guests do not receive Mickey Mail.

I was able to do my FP+check in for the 21st (we are at the Contemporary - go on the Disney cruise) and then again when I return on the 26th and 27th for the FASTPASS +, Nothing after that from 9/28 - 10/4, says not available:confused3

Many people have this issue after 28th Sept, as apparently reservations are being linked to the system in batches and you should receive a communication 18 days before your arrival date inviting you to set up your MBs and FP+ bookings.

During the test stages, they are advising people to wait until that 18-day communication before starting to set things up (once the system is fully live I'm sure this will happen automatically at 60 days out).

Yeah, I know, it does show a woeful misunderstanding of how their target market normally responds!

Andre

Thank u - this will give me more time to plot -- hs ha i meant plan :)

will continue to monitor and appreciate the continuous updates!

Is someone been able to book a fastpass+ for Be our Guest Lunch from sept.27th?
When I enter I see the possibility to book from sept 26 till sept 30, but only sept 26 has availability. But we are arriving on that day, so that's not possible for us.

By the way, has anyone here received their 18-day invitations yet? Either by email or snail mail? They were meant to be going out starting 15th Aug, but no one here has mentioned receiving anything as yet, and I'm sure we must have people arriving 3/4/5 Sept.

Andre

We check in to POR Monday the 5th and are keeping an eye on email and snail mail. Nothing yet, we are expecting to see something Monday - day 17. We have already done online check in, customized magic bands, and did all our FP+'s for our stay.

I'll report in as soon as I see anything.

Tick, tick, tick...:coffee:

By the way, has anyone here received their 18-day invitations yet? Either by email or snail mail? They were meant to be going out starting 15th Aug, but no one here has mentioned receiving anything as yet, and I'm sure we must have people arriving 3/4/5 Sept.

Andre

We are arriving on Sep 3rd. What is the 18-day invitation?

Beth

Is someone been able to book a fastpass+ for Be our Guest Lunch from sept.27th?
When I enter I see the possibility to book from sept 26 till sept 30, but only sept 26 has availability. But we are arriving on that day, so that's not possible for us.

Someone was kind enough to help me with this yesterday. You need to go to the site below and and when it asks for a ressie # use your MB confirmation number. Good luck!! Worked for me.

https: //beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/

We are arriving on Sep 3rd. What is the 18-day invitation?

Beth

Im staying at POR 10/26-31..I don't see anything at MDE about MagicBands or FastPass+. Is this something I get notified of closer to my check in or should I have something that I can already see.

My only concern with the bands is they are listed with a check in of 9/12.. thats our RO date.. wonder if when we go back down the 13th to check back in and such all our entitlements will be there!

Guess MDE answered my worries all on its own!

I just logged into MDE and I have TWO sets of Magic Bands coming. Yesterday only one set was showing for our RO ressie..today a 2nd set for our package stay was. I customized those and now I wait!

STITCH, just wanted to let you know I talked to IT, and she couldn't fix it and emailed it to someone who can. But she says it goes by check in date and it might not get fixed for a week or two. :confused3 Again, frustrating! I guess we will see what happens, I'm interested to know when/if yours gets fixed.

Someone was kind enough to help me with this yesterday. You need to go to the site below and and when it asks for a ressie # use your MB confirmation number. Good luck!! Worked for me.

https: //beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/

Yes I have that link and can see the dates, but only sept 26 has a availability. from sept 27 till oct 2 its said no times available.

My question is, is there someone who booked a lunch from sept 27.

I can make fastpass+ reservations till sept 28. So I hoped BOG would be available on sept 27.

Andre

Yes, we got ours yesterday for arrival on the 3rd. Our bands are on their way. We also are getting bands mailed to us for our linked stay at the AOA resort.

STITCH, just wanted to let you know I talked to IT, and she couldn't fix it and emailed it to someone who can. But she says it goes by check in date and it might not get fixed for a week or two. :confused3 Again, frustrating! I guess we will see what happens, I'm interested to know when/if yours gets fixed.

I received an email from WDW guest services. It says that they were able to correct the problems I was having. However, they were not able to move my ADRs since they are in DH's name. But since they linked him to my account, I will be able to view them on MDE, which I checked MDE, they are there. They also gave me a 'direct line' to contact them as needed. I have not received official word on MB yet as we are 20 days out, not 17 as I was told by the CM. BUT, it now shows I have 4 MB waiting to be customized. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter