Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Two [Thread now FULL and closed]

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disneymania0711

disneymania0711 Mouseketeer

O was able to do this last week!!! We switched from CBR to POR in a pool view RR. I only checked for the heck of it, but when I saw it available I was ecstatic!! I immediately called and booked that room!! We have FD as well and I only had to pay 187.00 extra to move to POR RR. So excited!!!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. merentha

merentha Mouseketeer

Random Question. What the normal delivery time for "Mickey Mail". We were paid in full in earlyJuly and we check in to POR Sept 19th so we are just out side 30 days. Just wondering as it seems most people get it like 40+ days.

Not really concerned yet, just wondering.

Pretty excited that it looks like we get Magic Bands at some point

4. Bicfam

Bicfam Earning My Ears

I don't see on the MME app how to do online check in. I am so lame. : )

I prefer checking in at the resort. But to get customized bands I will but don't see how on the MME app.?

Thank You for your help.

5. stef12280

stef12280 Earning My Ears

Call tech support they can acces your profile and fix it. :) The number was in my orginal post 407-939-7765

they are extremely helpful and explain everything

6. JenLaf

JenLaf Earning My Ears

Thanks! I feel like its coming - so I'm not worried... But, I hope it happens soon so I can stop checking MDE and the DIS every 15 minutes! It's a compulsion! :blush:

7. katielafave

katielafave Mouseketeer

I am doing something wrong? We check in October 5 and l have done online check in, but can't do Fast pass+ or anything with Magic Bands. Just want to make sure I'm not missing something simple.

8. stef12280

stef12280 Earning My Ears

Ok just got an emial from Disney Tech Support. Magic Bands are active for guest that have tickets and that are staying at POR. But according to them you have to wait for a letter saying that you are invited to Fast pass +

So I guess Magic Bands are a must for POR but Fast Pass + Those going after Sept 28 have to wait to be invited is what I understand .

We will see what happens I am 43 days out :)

9. katielafave

katielafave Mouseketeer

Thanks for the update! I am 50 days out. So excited!!!!

10. liesbeth1012

liesbeth1012 Mouseketeer

I don't understand the BOG reservation for lunch. I was able to customize the magic band and make fastpass+ reservations to attractions till sept 30th. But how can I reserve for lunch at BOG???? Nothing showed when I customize the magic bands. I have my reservationnumber. Be on POR from sept 26 till oct 9.
    I didn't see how and where. I tried the link, but get no available fastpass tickets.

11. lazer

lazer DIS Veteran

Got ours 33 days out. I don't think there's a real "time". Supposedly cms will tell you to call if you're 14 days out and don't have it!

12. aroundtheriverbend

aroundtheriverbend DIS Veteran

Hi, I'm looking at my ipad app - if you go to "My Disney Experience," then "My Reservations," it shows up underneath the reservation confirmation number in the upper right. It says "Check In Online."

13. jgraney106

jgraney106 DIS Veteran

Does anyone out there know when we will receive our magic bands? I just did the customization of them this morning. We arrive at PO Riverside on Septemer 24th. :cheer2:

14. DisneyAndrew

DisneyAndrew Earning My Ears

You need to go to beourguestlunch.disney.go.com and log in with your MDX account. From there, it will ask for your reservation number. This is the number beginning with a "4" that you find on the Magic Bands page of MDX. I certainly hope this helps as I want everybody to be able to experience this. I am exceptionally excited myself for this.

I had missed the chance to make ADRs there, so this is great.

15. Rach2109

Rach2109 Mouseketeer

I was to no earlier than 30 days before that they will ship. You should receive an email once they ship!

16. alicia080979

alicia080979 DIS Veteran

We haven't made any sort of room request yet bc we just switched from POFQ yesterday. I didn't want to do online check in because we typically arrive around 6am, go check in, ask them if we can wait for a room in whatever section we want, get our tickets and wait for our room. We have had much better luck getting rooms in the sections we want vs doing online check in. I guess if I have to I have to but can we NOT do online check in and still get Magic Bands?

17. CaraMiaBelle

CaraMiaBelle DIS Veteran

I hope we will be able to get them without doing online check-in... I was not planning to check-in online either.

18. alicia080979

alicia080979 DIS Veteran

another question...because this thread is massive...we will be 3 adults, 1 child in a crib. We have paid for a Garden view. I would like to be close to the parking lot, close to the main building for drinks and in the mansions. Which building and room section would you suggest? I am so spoiled by the size of POFQ that I'm not sure what to request.

19. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

I had one in Magnolia Terrace in June and we were near all of those, plus the quiet pool.

20. Bicfam

Bicfam Earning My Ears

Thank You

I went to the website not the MDE app and found the online checkin and ordered our Magic bands customized them (only color choices I saw) online. Then got the Be Our Guest lunch day and time set. Busy day.

21. Skjhjb

Skjhjb Mouseketeer

Woo hoo! It is OFFICIAL! Paid our deposit today...

May 11-17, preferred room, 7 day magic your way plus dining, park hopper option.

Yippee!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.