Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Three (NOW CLOSED, see 2014 thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not true, first Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is
Nov. 8th and most resorts will have C-decorations up around them also.

We were there on Nov. 2nd once and Christmas decoration were already up in MK.

There are many threads on this -- yes the first MVMCP is November 8, I was commenting that since the PP was going last week of October - first week in November they would not see Christmas decorations -- so that is very much true -- unless you have a different calendar than the rest of the world :lmao:

Most of the hotels don't go into full Christmas decorations until the week before Thanksgiving -- some get started but not "most resorts."

Tom

So with that being said Royal room garden view with wife and young daughters which building can you suggest.

Well from that info I think we can narrow it down to either Oak Manor or Parterre Place... :)

Could you let us know what your preferences are? e.g. close to main building, quiet area, near bus stops, swimming, easy access for strollers (depending on how young your daughters are), etc? There's not really a "one size fits all" answer to your question.

Andre

Thank you! I hope it stays that way. We'll be there in 4 days.:goodvibes:goodvibes::banana:

Dan

I said that before we went to the good court for a late breakfast on our 'lazy day.' Holy moley that place was a zoo around 9 am- 10:30 am. Good grief! I don't know if that's every morning though. We said no wonder the parks are not that crowded at RD- everyone is still trying to get breakfast! Back to pop tarts for us!

I said that before we went to the good court for a late breakfast on our 'lazy day.' Holy moley that place was a zoo around 9 am- 10:30 am. Good grief! I don't know if that's every morning though. We said no wonder the parks are not that crowded at RD- everyone is still trying to get breakfast! Back to pop tarts for us!

It is peaceful and empty at 545am :banana: But, I like to get up early. I tried to walk through at 9am one morning -- I decided a mine field was easier to navigate.

Tom

It is peaceful and empty at 545am :banana: But, I like to get up early. I tried to walk through at 9am one morning -- I decided a mine field was easier to navigate.

Tom

Funny!! :)

We order Garden Grocer to our room, so we have bagels, cereal, yogurt, or fruit for our breakfast in the room. Yeah, the food courts can be a mad house!

Dan

Well from that info I think we can narrow it down to either Oak Manor or Parterre Place... :)

Could you let us know what your preferences are? e.g. close to main building, quiet area, near bus stops, swimming, easy access for strollers (depending on how young your daughters are), etc? There's not really a "one size fits all" answer to your question.

Andre

Thanks Andre...I would say two most important preferences are bus stops first and main building second...if there is a bus stop that is closer that say is a starting point now that would be the jack pot...we will visit all parks but probably 3 days at MK because of younger girls.

Thanks again.

Just want to chime in and say - this is the nicest group of folks on a single thread. You all help each other, are kind about it, and really enjoy one another's company (look at how many pages this thread has so far)!

I'm pretty sure we're going to try POR next trip and I really look forward to following along on this thread and the subsequent continuation threads.

Kudos to all of you!:donald:

Last year my mom and i went with my aunt and cousin, and we all shared a room. At the beginning of our trip we told the front desk that mine and my mothers will be charged to one card and my aunt and cousins to another credit card. They split it with no problem. Anytime during the day you can walk up to the counter and ask them to print you a bill, and it is broken down by each transaction and who made that transaction. You have to add it up yourself as it does not give you a total for each user. It charged my moms credit card with the initial amount around 6 am the day we were checking out and once again around 11pm with the extra charges we had made since 6am.

Let me know if youre confused! I was in your shoes!

THANK YOU!!! You answered my questions! :) So glad for this thread and the nice people like you :) I will make sure that we each have our cards on our magic bands and to periodically check our bill (even if we do have to add it up ourselves). Thanks again!!!

Thanks Andre...I would say two most important preferences are bus stops first and main building second...if there is a bus stop that is closer that say is a starting point now that would be the jack pot...we will visit all parks but probably 3 days at MK because of younger girls.

The girls would probably like to be near to the evening movie screenings which take place on the Oak Manor lawn, and that building is also a bit closer for the East Depot bus stop too. So I'd suggest requesting a courtyard view on the river-facing area of Oak Manor, near to the bridge to the main buildings. The nearest quiet pool would be just round the corner too, which I expect would be a plus.

To get a better idea of what I'm suggesting, that would mean any of the rooms you can see in this scrollable panorama view of Oak Manor - www.portorleans.org/images/panoramas/POR-MB-2013-2583-pano360.swf - especially some of the rooms on the left-hand side as you look towards the river.

Andre

There are many threads on this -- yes the first MVMCP is November 8, I was commenting that since the PP was going last week of October - first week in November they would not see Christmas decorations -- so that is very much true -- unless you have a different calendar than the rest of the world :lmao:

Most of the hotels don't go into full Christmas decorations until the week before Thanksgiving -- some get started but not "most resorts."

Tom

They WILL see decorations. They start putting them up the day after Haloween. Trust me, we've been going that time of year for the past 4 years. As soon as that last MNSSHP is over they transform the MK for the holdiays. Usually by 11/2 they have their decorations up.

We are booked in a pool view royal room. I would like to be near the bridge to the main building. On the map, it looks like most pool view royal rooms are. Is this correct? Do I need to make a request, or will we be good?

Awesome thread it has helped so much for us first timers to POR and a moderate...this thread is so awesome (and the PO website) that Disney should be giving you discounts on your next stay after all I upgraded to a Royal room because of it:thumbsup2

So with that being said Royal room garden view with wife and young daughters which building can you suggest.

Thanks in advancepirate:

I requested and loved our room in Parterre Place. I thought the inner courtyard was prettier than Oak.

I have a question, and I am sorry if it has already been asked before but, if you have a room near the courtyard where they play the movies can you hear them in your room?

Wow! I just noticed this went to a new thread....and 9 pages already? I think I'm the last to join the party....lol

I don't even want to count how many days we are out.....our 180 day mark isn't until the first week of November! But DH and I are super excited.....can't wait to see the kids reactions at Christmas!

So the bridge is closed during the day and open in the morning and evenings as I relaxed today by sleeping in and having a wander around the place. Epcot tomorrow, can't wait!

Just had to say 8 sleeps left and I can't wait!!! Work might kill me before I go with 12 hour days, but if I make it, it's all worth it!!! Thanks for all your advice, all, especially Andre and Venom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter