Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Three (NOW CLOSED, see 2014 thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is highly odd about the furniture being missing. That would have been the first red flag right there also with me.

Well if you have further issues and cant get that resolved PM me directly and I will see what I can do to relay some needed help.

Venom thanks so much for the offer of help. There have been do many other issues big & small here at BC. But I'm happy to say DH is right there with me to stay at nowhere but POR! At least I know when I check in there will be chairs to sit on .... Lol!!

There are four of us, two adults and 1&2 yr old. We have a garden view room reservation. Which area will we be put in with no request mansions or alligator bayou?

There are four of us, two adults and 1&2 yr old. We have a garden view room reservation. Which area will we be put in with no request mansions or alligator bayou?

It could be either, statistically I think you have a better chance of AB, there are almost double the rooms in that section.

You could still fax in a request if you would rather one section over the other !!!

Just Love Disney said:
I'm getting pretty concerned and bummed out about the long bus wait times that have been mentioned on here recently. Is Disney aware of the long wait situation and if so, is there anything they are able to do about it? Maybe I should start looking into renting a car? I'm confused on what to do :confused3

Been here for a week and haven't had much issue with bus wait times. The biat however. .. it took 40 minutes to get one our first day.

Regarding the buses - we were there last week and had no major issues. Couple of times we waited 15-20 minutes both at parks and POR, but never an excessively long wait. Lots of very full busses though. We probably stood half the time.

Almost here!!!

I feel I just need to let some of my positive energy show here to make others day brighter.

Good morning to you! You absolutely do share your positive energy - I look forward every day to your greeting (and seeing my two favourite things in your signature - Stitch and the Monorail!) and to reading all the news about POR! Thank you for sharing your magic!! :goodvibes

21 days for me!!! :yay:

3 more days!! I'm super excited, this is the only moderate resort I have yet to stay. Faxed my room request yesterday!

Enjoy your trip -- I'm doing my first stay at CBR as it is the last of the moderates for me to conquer. POR was beautiful -- we stayed in Alligator Bayou building 14.

One more sleep -- if I sleep, laundry to do, packing to do, and the work trolls have gotten wind of the fact that I'm on vacation and have piled up the work on my desk so I can look at it before I go away.

Tom

Venom thanks so much for the offer of help. There have been do many other issues big & small here at BC. But I'm happy to say DH is right there with me to stay at nowhere but POR! At least I know when I check in there will be chairs to sit on .... Lol!!

I sorry that BC didnt' work out for you. I loved BC when I stayed there. But because I don't use many of the Deluxe amenities I've been sticking with Value and Moderate. I would definitely choose a PO resort over BC.

Good Morning POR Fans and Future Guests! I hope you have a Magical Day!

Good morning to you too! Just wanted to say I love to see your happy posts each morning ~ makes my day :) We will be at POR in 34 days and I can't wait. We received our "Mickey Mail" this week which makes it seem more real. This will be our first on-site stay and we are so excited. Thanks to you and Andre for the great information you provide!

Venomhatch, I have a question about the faxed room requests.

We are 2 parties travelling together. One is a family of 4 that has paid for a RGR-Riverview. The other is a single traveller that has paid for a standard room - standard view.

The family of 4 in the RGR wants to request a top floor, corner room preferably in Oak Manor. The single traveller would like her room somewhat close to Oak Manor (whichever standard rooms are near Oak Manor). Should we put both requests on same fax or separate ones as they have their own Reservation #?

Thanks in advance. SIX MORE DAYS! Eeeeeek! :yay:

Enjoy your trip -- I'm doing my first stay at CBR as it is the last of the moderates for me to conquer. POR was beautiful -- we stayed in Alligator Bayou building 14.

One more sleep -- if I sleep, laundry to do, packing to do, and the work trolls have gotten wind of the fact that I'm on vacation and have piled up the work on my desk so I can look at it before I go away.

Tom

My DH and I stayed at CB for our honeymoon. Depending on where you are it can be a bit of a hike to the main building but we always had a pleasant walk and enjoyed our stay very much. Hope you get to go soon!!

My DH and I stayed at CB for our honeymoon. Depending on where you are it can be a bit of a hike to the main building but we always had a pleasant walk and enjoyed our stay very much. Hope you get to go soon!!

Wow I missed the bottom half of your post there : duh: have a great trip!!

3 more days!! I'm super excited, this is the only moderate resort I have yet to stay. Faxed my room request yesterday!

Congrats on your upcoming stay! You may not hear anything back on the faxes as we are kind of busy setting up for the holidays coming but if you didn't get an error on your end we received it. I truly hope you have a magical stay with us!

Good morning to you! You absolutely do share your positive energy - I look forward every day to your greeting (and seeing my two favourite things in your signature - Stitch and the Monorail!) and to reading all the news about POR! Thank you for sharing your magic!! :goodvibes

21 days for me!!! :yay:

No problem and I hope you have a wonderful day because of the magic to share. I love both of those as well. I got the Red Monorail for our Xmas tree and I have all the Stitch Miniatures for it. Heck even my lab's name is Lilo.

Same to you Venom!!!

16 more days for us !!!!
Gonna spend the day looking at hotel options for our half way down stop over:surfweb:

Yeah Good morning to you as well. I love road trips! I do venture to as far as Knoxville, TN and Southern, Va my fair share that's why I love family in other areas so we can have an excuse for road trips!

Good morning to you too! Just wanted to say I love to see your happy posts each morning ~ makes my day :) We will be at POR in 34 days and I can't wait. We received our "Mickey Mail" this week which makes it seem more real. This will be our first on-site stay and we are so excited. Thanks to you and Andre for the great information you provide!

Good day back to you. Well we are happy to have you staying with us at WDW. I love to have people smiling especially guests. It really does make my day!

Venomhatch, I have a question about the faxed room requests.

We are 2 parties travelling together. One is a family of 4 that has paid for a RGR-Riverview. The other is a single traveller that has paid for a standard room - standard view.

The family of 4 in the RGR wants to request a top floor, corner room preferably in Oak Manor. The single traveller would like her room somewhat close to Oak Manor (whichever standard rooms are near Oak Manor). Should we put both requests on same fax or separate ones as they have their own Reservation #?

Thanks in advance. SIX MORE DAYS! Eeeeeek! :yay:

I would do these on the same fax putting both confirmation numbers in there. Make sure you state the most important first and then everything in order. I would mention that you are trying to stay as close as possible to each other in your group as well. Maybe just maybe if the magic fairy is watching over you then someone may get upgraded. But no Promises, but has happened in the past. All I can say is send in the fax like I mentioned and let me know what you hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter