Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Three (NOW CLOSED, see 2014 thread)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, Sep 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MISSYLEXI

MISSYLEXI Mouseketeer

Only 2 more days and I will be at POR. :yay:

Does anybody know if you can still do the fastpass+ and fastpass. And if you can have photopass + added to your Magiccband and also get a photopass + card?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Venomhatch

Venomhatch Cast Member, DisDads #708,

Yeah I have a list everyday. So lists are common for me. But sometimes I have lists for lists.

This is true. A lot of new policies say they can suspend your card if it travels outside of your area and you don't notify them before travel. Supposed to be a way of keeping your card secure in case someone were to take your card and use it without permission. I have that list downloaded also, it seems to cover it all. But drastically needs to be updated with accessories and items that are of this time period. I believe it mentions camcorder and stuff like that in there.

4. WishnDisney

WishnDisney Mouseketeer

I don't know the answers to your questions but :cool1:. Have a great trip!

5. WishnDisney

WishnDisney Mouseketeer

It's official. We have changed our reservations from CSR to POR in June 2014 with a river view RR. I am sooooo excited. I just keep looking at the pictures over and over again.

My kids don't know about it, and am hoping to keep it a secret up until the moment we go to the airport. They think we are going in 2015.

6. Venomhatch

Oh I almost forgot. Have a very magical day everyone. If your here, welcome! If your going to be here soon hurry up and look forward to having you!

7. germ539

germ539 Goofy is my favorite

When we were there in the end of May, we went to Winn Dixie to buy stuff and it declined mine and DH card. At the time we couldn't figure it out, until we got back to the room and I checked my emails. Got an email from the cc company and called them immediately to let them know where we were. Luckily we had cash on us at the store, but I completely forgot about calling the cc co. Won't ever make that mistake again :)

8. Venomhatch

Yeah one year that happened and it was kinda almost get the embarrassed look on my face like we didn't have the money but knew we did!

9. ohfiddlesticks

ohfiddlesticks Earning My Ears

We had to switch our January trip from POR to BC and I'm starting to feel "homesick" over it... We loooove staying at POR and I'm worried I'm not going to like BC as much..... so give POR some extra love from me while ya'll are there! :P

10. Venomhatch

Oh fiddle sticks, indeed. You will miss out. But Beach Club is nice also. Never stayed in that resort just hung out over there. I wasn't impressed, but they have nice kid pools, beaches and cream, boardwalk right there.

11. eaf2063

eaf2063 Earning My Ears

I dont think they would get the bands and even know what they are.... I thought stopping at McDonalds for lunch and running in while they wait in the van. Make sure thier stuff is in individual bags. I will put their band and Disney gift cards that i bought for them in their individual bags and let them figure it out...i also printed the POR Recreational Activities Calendar and have them in envelopes. I dont know.... Ill figure it out... eventually...

12. carmelhp

carmelhp Mouseketeer

You can do both fastpass systems, at least as of two weeks ago, when we were there, you could. Photopass+ is separate. We know that because my wife lost our Photopass+ card and we had to replace it. Luckily, we knew we had pictures taken at exactly 10AM at AK at Doug & Russell's the Friday before so they were able to pinpoint what card was used there and transfer everything to a new Photopass+ card (thank you Deborah at the photo shop at HS). Remember to write down your Photopass+ card number.

13. eaf2063

eaf2063 Earning My Ears

I will be there in 2 days also..... Cant wait!!!

14. LisaTC

LisaTC DIS Veteran

We've surprised DD twice...tricky. The very first time she never knew anything until we were at the airport. I packed everything and hid it under our bed, sneaked it into the trunk of our car before she got up in the morning. (Actually her teachers always appreciated her NOT knowing way in advance...it distracts them from school! LOL) On the way to the airport, she thought we were taking DH to a Dr appt! When we got to the airport, she didn't quite know where we were exactly. I had bought a camera for her as a gift and had her open it in the car (it was close to her b-day) and on the camera I had taken a picture of a poem I wrote for her about going to WDW. She finished reading it right when we entered long term parking! She was screaming & jumping up and down when the shuttle stopped by our car to pick us up and the driver was laughing because he knew as soon as he saw her Disney Princess suitcase! It was priceless!

The next time she knew the evening before. I'd just gotten home from the store and I said I had gotten her some things she might need. They were 2 new Disney t-shirts. She said "I might need these?" and I said "yes" for when we go back to Disney. "We're going back to Disney?" "Yes" "When?" "Oh, I don't know....how 'bout tomorrow" Screaming, jumping...etc., etc. Mad dash to get suitcase...you get the picture.

I will say, I will ALWAYS remember her face when we walked into POR and how she just stared the whole way around that place for the first day or two!

15. OneBadApple

OneBadApple DIS Veteran

:cool1::yay::cool1::yay::cool1:

I love it when surprises turn out so well.

We surprised my 16 and 14 year old last year. I had them planning out a trip to Lake George. I would give them websites to check out and everything. We told them a week before only because I knew they would want to pick differently. And they were surprised. I couldn't believe I pulled it off.

16. Just Love Disney

Just Love Disney Mouseketeer

We are going at the exact same time as you :cheer2: Can't wait! And, I will be celebrating my birthday while we're there as well :yay: I hope you all enjoy your trip :)

17. Skjhjb

Skjhjb Mouseketeer

Sigh...once again we are changing dates! This trip was a surprise for our kids. Our middle child decided she is trying out for a part in the school musical....which falls smack in the middle of our trip dates. So we told them early, and she was super upset.

So, we decided I would bow out of my business commitment and change our dates if she got a part. She got a part, so we are moving dates!

Called my travel agent today, we are now booked for May 13 to May 19....and DD owes us $30 for the price difference! Lol

18. Venomhatch

Wow that one sounds very cool. I like that one! :woohoo:

19. Just Love Disney

Just Love Disney Mouseketeer

I'm getting pretty concerned and bummed out about the long bus wait times that have been mentioned on here recently. Is Disney aware of the long wait situation and if so, is there anything they are able to do about it? Maybe I should start looking into renting a car? I'm confused on what to do :confused3

20. hokiesweetie

hokiesweetie Earning My Ears

I second this concern

21. slatterie

slatterie Earning My Ears

Me too. Our family has to drive everywhere in our everyday lives so we were hoping that not having to worry about a car would be a great benefit. Now I'm having second thoughts. I knew when booking that one of few minuses of POR is the bus transportation but was hoping it had improved. Doesn't appear that way. We arrive tonight and will assess the situation tomorrow when we have to be a Chef Mickeys at 9am. I have a feeling we will be taking a lot of cabs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.