Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part One [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya - I'll be returning to POR in mid-June after a long hiatus... are all rooms now refurbed, or should I add a request for a refurbed room?

TIA!

They have all been refurbed. Check out Andre's site portorleans.org for up to date photo's of each room category.

Thanks. In your opinion, are these safes "safe". I mean, have you heard of any problems with them getting broken into?

No I have not heard any problems since the refurb they did. Before the refurb I had one personally where the lock pulled right out after twisting the key to lock and leave.

But we usually lock our important items out of sight in a suitcase. Out of sight out of mind!

Five more days to go....so excited. Faxed our room request Sunday...haven't heard anything....but it really doesn't matter...we are going to be in Disney!!!! Thanks to everyone who has been kind enough to post info and pictures...it has certainly made this planners life a lot easier :)

punky1973 said:
Five more days to go....so excited. Faxed our room request Sunday...haven't heard anything....but it really doesn't matter...we are going to be in Disney!!!! Thanks to everyone who has been kind enough to post info and pictures...it has certainly made this planners life a lot easier :)

We POR people stick together.

We are here now and we booked the bounce back offer. We are coming back w/out kids in November to POR. So excited!

The offer is was 30 % off moderates a d 35% off deluxe for certain dates in 2013.

Looks like we will be there the same time!! We are staying in a RR garden view!! Hope you have a blast!

We are here now and we booked the bounce back offer. We are coming back w/out kids in November to POR. So excited!

The offer is was 30 % off moderates a d 35% off deluxe for certain dates in 2013.

Awesome!! Fun:) thank you so much!

I reserved a garden view room at POR for our first night. The rest of our trip will be in the RR with the summer package. The difference between the garden view and the standard RR is $18. Should I just get a RR for the first night as well?ase.

Doing the happy dance! Just over 30 days out and we got our ME package today. Every day I've been sending DD (22) princess: who we are taking to celebrate college graduation a photo(s) of the day ~ keeps the excitement building!!!:cool1:

No I have not heard any problems since the refurb they did. Before the refurb I had one personally where the lock pulled right out after twisting the key to lock and leave.

But we usually lock our important items out of sight in a suitcase. Out of sight out of mind!

OK, thanks. I guess I'm just a little paranoid right now. I had my purse stolen yesterday and I am feeling protective of my stuff right about now.

DH & I just got back from POR 2 weeks ago celebrating his birthday & going to Epcot for the Flower & Garden Festival & on Saturday he surprised me & said since we have 2 days off together to try & get a reservation for this Wednesday night (24th) to go back again. :cool1: I am so excited. We have Fla. Res. AP's and can't wait to get back to POR & relax. We didn't get to do much at the resort this last time so we're trying to plan certain times at the park & certain times at the resort even for a short time. Hoping for a much longer trip in the fall. We requested AB bldg 14/18 again this time. :thumbsup2

Too funny! I teach at our local community college and am out May 17th. My hubby is an elementary principal. Kids get out May 29th. Hubby is done May 30th. Throwing the kids in the car and heading south as soon as he gets home. It is a surprise trip for the kids and I'm having a hard time keeping my mouth shut. I'm trying to figure out how to pack the car with the kids home. :rotfl2:

The teachers are definitely invading POR. We arrive May 31st and stay until June 8th.

I am not a teacher, but a school nurse. I will be going second week of June.

hello we have booked a king room in Nov 15-22.

can anyone make a suggestion for a good room please.

thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter