Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part One [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to try and see Yehaa Bob during our trip, what time would you recommend arriving to get a seat?

Thanks!

The refillable mugs....can we use those anymore at Disney? So if I have a dinner at another resort, I can fill it up at dinner and then get my beverage that's included in my meal to go?

Are most of the rooms in Alligator Bayou connecting rooms? We are hoping for a non-connecting one.

Magical Express question: We are in Canada does that change when our ME package comes? We are 37 days out and no Mickey Mail yet!!

Also, we have an overnight flight and arrive at 6AM We should be at the resort around 7am or so. I know our room won't be ready. We will pack park clothes in our carry on and change at the resort ( I assume there is a lobby restroom) However, what happens with our luggage? Does ME leave it with the resort? Then when we actually get our room is our luggage there or do we have to wait for it?? We have dinner reservations at Epcot and won' thave a lot of time in our room to wait for luggage.

Thanks!!:cheer2:

Magical Express question: We are in Canada does that change when our ME package comes? We are 37 days out and no Mickey Mail yet!!

Also, we have an overnight flight and arrive at 6AM We should be at the resort around 7am or so. I know our room won't be ready. We will pack park clothes in our carry on and change at the resort ( I assume there is a lobby restroom) However, what happens with our luggage? Does ME leave it with the resort? Then when we actually get our room is our luggage there or do we have to wait for it?? We have dinner reservations at Epcot and won' thave a lot of time in our room to wait for luggage.

Thanks!!:cheer2:

I don't know how likely it is, but I think it is possible that your room could be ready at 7:00. There is a lobby restroom or you could use the one by the pool which would give you more room since there's also showers there. ME will deliver your luggage to POR and then POR will deliver it to your room; you don't have to be there for it.

i'm not sure if canada is considered 'international' because as a uk guest, we didn't receive any paperwork for the magical express, we just had our reservation number. we had to pick up our cases, although apprently you can tell them at the desk that you have x number of cases and they can go and find them [they won't have the ME tags on them] but i was worried they would be lost!

disneyamy4 said:
i'm not sure if canada is considered 'international' because as a uk guest, we didn't receive any paperwork for the magical express, we just had our reservation number. we had to pick up our cases, although apprently you can tell them at the desk that you have x number of cases and they can go and find them [they won't have the ME tags on them] but i was worried they would be lost!

Funny, as we are in the UK too, had not even booked Magical Express and yet they sent us a small folder with our paperwork, vouchers, and Magical Express tags. :)

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We are considering staying at POR this fall. We will be staying with an 8yo, 6yo and a 21mo. I am excited to try out a moderate (we've stayed at the Poly on our two trips with children), however, I am wondering how it is going to go with the little one. I'm a little concerned about the lack of door between the vanity and sleeping area and I don't see a closet on the floorplan. Has anyone gone with a young child who is into everything? Where do you put things to keep the baby out of them? (Ironing board/dirty clothes/trash, etc). And will a pack n play fit in the rooms?? Thanks!

Are there water fountains around the resort? Namely around pool area? We drink a lot of water so I'm thinking kids are going to want to refill often and I would hate to go back to the room to fill up!

Had reservations for POR Preferred room but decided to arrive a day earlier so booked an extra day early but had to take a garden view room instead of preferred. worried I will be disappointed but really makes it easier arriving a day early. Anyone stay in garden view and how was the walk to main buildings?

Had reservations for POR Preferred room but decided to arrive a day earlier so booked an extra day early but had to take a garden view room instead of preferred. worried I will be disappointed but really makes it easier arriving a day early. Anyone stay in garden view and how was the walk to main buildings?

I have stayed in garden view rooms many times and will again for July 4th weekend ... Unless there is a specific mobility issue, I do not think you will be disappointed. The grounds are so beautiful that any walk is an absolute pleasure :)

Thank you, makes me feel like I made the right choice! first time at WDW and want to have a magical time. June 16-23, can't wait!!

Thank you, makes me feel like I made the right choice! first time at WDW and want to have a magical time. June 16-23, can't wait!!

Have an awesome time! Be sure to enjoy all of the resort amenities and DTD which is just a ferry boat ride away :)

For most airports, Canada is not considered international.

You actually clear customs in the Airport and are, for all intent and purpose, on American soil once you clear customs/security. You can then pick up booze, food, anything you want at the shops post customs, and bring it with you. But most importantly, for ME purposes, you are considered a domestic flight.

That being said, we got our ME stuff about 35 days out, so, as a PP has said, you should be getting yours soon .

DH surprised me today and decided we're going to WDW this Wed/Thurs so had me book room overnight at POR. We just came back from there 2 weeks ago & I figured we wouldn't be able to stay there again til the fall. Can't wait. Booked a preferred room again & asked for AB Bldg 14/18. Really enjoyed the stay last time but this trip it's all about the parks. Epcot & MK. :cool1::thumbsup2:cool1::thumbsup2:woohoo::woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter