Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part One [Thread now FULL and closed]

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dfarner

dfarner I married my Prince Charming.

Do you have to have tickets or a package purchased to see anything about the bands on MDE? I am registered, and we have a room only ressie and I don't see anything at all about this.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. wdw4rfam

wdw4rfam DIS Veteran

I thought I was the only one who appreciated the bus lines at values. The benches sound good in theory.....but if you sit down, you will never get on a bus, because everyone mobs when the bus pulls up. I personally like the lines. No shoving, and the order you got there is the order you get on the bus. Also cant tell you how many times full buses passed us because they had no room. The entire bus situation was stressful, but we are going back because we loved everything else about the resort. If it gets too bad we will just drive to the parks.

4. dfarner

dfarner I married my Prince Charming.

We were typing at the same time! Andre answered my question about bands.

5. Chuckers

Chuckers Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

"Notice the holes on the inner surface of the blue MagicBand above? [.. snip ..] Similarly, there seems to be a rumor that charms (think of those plastic charm bracelets from the 80s we all loved yes, I know that theyre coming back) will also be available for purchase. The charms will connect to the Band, but its unclear as of yet how that will work being that the holes are only on the inside in most photographs. Im sure that Disney will have a special Band with holes for the charm bracelet lovers out there."

I just wanted to mention I 'jokingly' mentioned adding pins a few posts back.....

6. Chuckers

Chuckers Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

The reports of the bus service worry me as well. I stayed at ASMu and the buses weren't bad because there were designated spots for each park. There was also only one stop for the resort. I also stayed at AKL and that bus picked up KV as well. Those buses were a nightmare.

With 4 stops at POR, it could be a horrendous experience. I am actually debating changing to PORFQ because of it.

7. webstah

webstah DIS Veteran

Booked our dining today. We're 180 days out. August 30th can't come soon enough.

8. AlexandAndysMom

AlexandAndysMom Mouseketeer

We shared the bus with PORFQ a few times. They would pick up there first alot of times. The buses weren't horrid, but it just seemed like chaos that didn't have to be, you know? I mean, even if at the main depot they had the spots separated 1/2 for this park, 1/2 for that park so you would know who you were waiting with would have been an improvement. We did stand quite a few times, but the ride was so short it was fine. This was the first time we have stayed at a Mod, and like I said, it was fine, it was just chaos that didn't have to be.

9. jadephoenixx

jadephoenixx Earning My Ears

I'm SUPER EXCITED! Hubby and I will be visiting Disney for the very first time and we had an off-site hotel booked because we couldn't afford to stay on-site. Well, it turns out that with the Spring Offer, POR is the same price as our off-site hotel and rental car! So we cancelled our hotel and car reservation and booked POR! We still have 59 days to go but I've been feeling giddy and doing the happy dance all weekend!! :banana:

10. Three cats

Three cats DIS Veteran

That's awesome. Im waiting on May 20th to make mine. Seems like its never going to get here....:rolleyes2

11. SRUAlmn

SRUAlmn DIS Veteran

When it comes to ways to make more profit there are no jokes! :rotfl:

YAY FOR YOU!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

12. Robbi

Robbi DIS Veteran

Thank-you, Andre. My daughter is thinking of naming her baby Andre if she finds out that she's having a boy.

Is there a taxi stand at POR's main building?

13. BMC423

BMC423 DIS Veteran

Yes, I completely see this being the next big thing in that department. Why have a standard band when you can have a bedazzled, charm filled, character filled, name on the front band? I have yet to read anything confirming that the bands are reusable, has anyone read anything in regards to that? I personally cannot see myself spending the extra money on something that will only be worn just on 1 vacation.

Not debating either ;), I think they should make the bands optional for the "glitchy" period. I personally would love to try it, but I understand why someone would rather not.

14. ALD85

ALD85 DIS Veteran

Are the busses still that bad if you are getting on it early enough to make it to RD?

15. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

I see you ALWAYS go in September! We went September last year, but planning on August this time around so we don't take DS out of school...

16. webstah

webstah DIS Veteran

Yes, we go the Friday before Labor day every year. Summer is too hot and crowded, and we go with my sister in law and her family. They live in New Hampshire, so the kids never shared any school vacations (NH does theirs the week after everyone else for the most part) and their kids start school in mid August. They have the Friday before Labor day and Labor day off, so they miss 4 days.
    Our son is 25 now, and doesn't usually go with us so we don't worry about the school schedule anymore.

17. quietgirll

quietgirll DIS Veteran

We went at the beginning of jan, and always went early....had no bus issues. :)

18. volunteeralot

volunteeralot Earning My Ears

I can't figure out RD??
    I just booked POR for early Feb 2014. I'm getting concerned about the bus issues. We've got a young adult with us who has never been to WDW so I hate to waste time waiting for buses in the morning. Is this a common problem at all times of the day, or just morning?

19. ALD85

ALD85 DIS Veteran

Rope drop :)

20. volunteeralot

volunteeralot Earning My Ears

Thanks ALD! Wasn't in the definition section.

21. andrewilley

andrewilley Port Orleans Guru

Yes, they will be re-usable. In fact you can own as many as you like, but you'll only be able to have one of them set as your 'active' band at any given time (you'll be able to switch their status via the My Disney Experience site).

But I'm sure there's still lots more we've yet to find out.

Andre

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.