Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread - Royally Refurbished for 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I request a specific end - lol. If so, where do I want to be:thumbsup2

Are there elevators?

You can request anything you like, sure - there are no guarantees though. There are, however, elevators (in the middle section of each "mansion").

Andre

You can request anything you like, sure - there are no guarantees though. There are, however, elevators (in the middle section of each "mansion").

Andre

Sorry I ninja-ed you. But I did forget to mention the part about no guarantees.

My goodness, we've just hit 250 pages here in less than 6 months! I'll set up a new '2012' POR FAQ in the next day or two, so the mods can close this one.

Andre

Called this morning and there are no more "preferred" rooms available for our dates (early June) with the spring discount. So, I guess that question is now moot. I requested building 16, but I am not sure if that one will be renovated by our trip.

Is French Quarter being refurbed so their rooms will fit 5 per room too?? or just Riverside?:surfweb:

Called this morning and there are no more "preferred" rooms available for our dates (early June) with the spring discount. So, I guess that question is now moot. I requested building 16, but I am not sure if that one will be renovated by our trip.

We requested and got building 16 last March. I really loved this location. It was very close to everything without paying preferred. I was wondering myself which AB buildings are next on the list. If you don't mind it not being refurbed, I think you will like building 16!:cool1:

Hi Pamela! Yes the new rooms have Queen sized beds! I can't wait until our annual trip next August, (hope to see you there)!:cool1:

Hey Tasha:goodvibes

Queen size would be good, not much storage though...that could be tough but boy how do we love POR! You are going during FD right?

I am starting to gear up, and believe it or not I am getting excited already:rotfl:

OT

Saw some cute Figment shirts on Etsy and thought of you! You should take a peek over there. Larissa keeps saying she wants shirt like your family had, she is willing to do matching shirts (if they are cool) but thats as far as she will go. LOL knew that was coming, thats why the last trip was a surprise trip! (Mommy had full control of all clothing options;))

This may be an overly specific question, but I just love flavored creamer in my coffee. So, I'm wondering if anyone knows whether or not Fulton's sells it or do I need to bring some with me.

So we are going to take a trip in Dec. Still no definite date set but most likely around the 8th to 15th? Anyways we had thought of going to FQ but now that they have done the changes to the Riverside I think the AB would be best. The reason is we will have two little ones and 6 adults. We figure 3 adults and one child to a room. Then the kids each have their own special pull down bed. Really liked what I saw of the room in progress. Any new pics from anyone? I want to show the family.
We first were put in a AB on our first trip to Riverside in 06 but we didn't like them at all. We then got put in a room in the magnolia building and fell in love. We went back again in 09 but got Acadia and just didn't like being so far. We were in the farthest corner of the building.
So that is why we said we would do FQ this time as it's never too far. But now I am really thinking about this. The only thing that kind of keeps me from saying yes is I think POP Warner is still there then? It maybe be the end of their time not sure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter