Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Three --- NOW FULL / CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's amazing! I'm also from Western MA. Where are you flying out of? We paid $2300 for the five of us to fly non stop in just a couple weeks.

hartford..today is the day SW released flights for my trip and I lucked out bad..we would normally drive but I checked for the heck of it.. so glad !

I'll be there on the 24th! Can't wait! Last year we stayed in the Mansions so this year I am requesting AB. I actually stayed in AB when the resort was Dixie Landings, for my Honeymoon. So excited.

desertbloom said:
I'll be there on the 24th! Can't wait! Last year we stayed in the Mansions so this year I am requesting AB. I actually stayed in AB when the resort was Dixie Landings, for my Honeymoon. So excited.

We arrive on the 24th as well!

Got email confirmation that our requests were honored! Yay! Youngest DD has been sick since Saturday- boo! Hoping and praying she is better ASAP and no one else gets sick! We arrive on Thursday!!!! I'm overwhelmed with caring for DD, sanitizing everything, trying to pack in secret and get everything ready for the big surprise!

Got email confirmation that our requests were honored! Yay! Youngest DD has been sick since Saturday- boo! Hoping and praying she is better ASAP and no one else gets sick! We arrive on Thursday!!!! I'm overwhelmed with caring for DD, sanitizing everything, trying to pack in secret and get everything ready for the big surprise!

For anyone else who is reading, I faxed my request about 3 days out and never got an email confirmation, but I got all of my requests AND we were upgraded to a preferred room, so don't worry if you don't get an email.

I hope your DD feels better soon and nobody else gets sick.

For anyone else who is reading, I faxed my request about 3 days out and never got an email confirmation, but I got all of my requests AND we were upgraded to a preferred room, so don't worry if you don't get an email.

I hope your DD feels better soon and nobody else gets sick.

Thanks I was trying to stay on top of those inquiries. They have just been swamped over there but not to worry plenty of magic is still available lol. Been busy myself.

We were booked at Bonnet Creek and I just couldn't stand the thought of not staying in a Disney hotel so we pushed the trip back a month, added a couple of days and booked our first stay at POR from 5/10-5/18! Now my dilemna...I booked a preferred room not even realizing that they are only in the AB buildings (I know I should have checked out Andre's site a little more first!). We definitely do not want to be in the AB section so now I'm not sure what to do. I know I need to drop the preferred room but don't know what to switch to in order to up our chances at getting a room in the mansions.

We have stayed at French Quarter twice and both times in building 2 so we have been spoiled by the closeness of everything. At Riverside, I would like to be close the parking lot bc we drive everywhere and then also a location close to the food court for our mugs, food, etc. Ultimate dream/pixie dust would be to get a Royal Room and by looking at Andre's awesome building maps, I'm thinking the Oak building would be nice. Is any of that possible if I book a standard or garden view room?

I faxed a room request on our first trip in 2009 and our 2nd trip in 2010 and neither were honored so I have never bothered since. Although this thread is massive, I have read that some people are having luck getting their requests so any help with that would be greatly appreciated!!

Venomhatch said:
Thanks I was trying to stay on top of those inquiries. They have just been swamped over there but not to worry plenty of magic is still available lol. Been busy myself.

Sounds like you guys do an amazing job of making families have a magical time! I'm getting so excited, we will be there this Saturday and my husbands knee is so much better! We thought we were going to have to rent a scooter when he couldn't walk, but now he is doing much better, I will just have to be the Fastpass runner instead of him! I appreciate all you have done venom hatch and Andre! Those plans for the buildings and rooms, recreation schedules and PMs were most helpful! I can't wait to explore the resort!

This has been my experience so far..I received an email saying my requests had been honored! So I was super excited. Paid for the RGR river view, and we are here until Saturday. We are on the extreme end of Parterre place lol. The room next to farthest distance from the bridge. I requested near the foot bridge because I'm very pregnant :) So although I think the resort is fab and the room is very pretty I really don't get why I got a confirmation email saying he placed me near it when I am not at all. Strange!

This has been my experience so far..I received an email saying my requests had been honored! So I was super excited. Paid for the RGR river view, and we are here until Saturday. We are on the extreme end of Parterre place lol. The room next to farthest distance from the bridge. I requested near the foot bridge because I'm very pregnant :) So although I think the resort is fab and the room is very pretty I really don't get why I got a confirmation email saying he placed me near it when I am not at all. Strange!

Hmm you can always inquire about moving rooms we do it all the time if something wasn't available at the time of check in except that one. I am sorry you were placed there, but go up to the CMs in Guest Services and either ask to speak to Mr. Elg, he is in charge of room assignments there at POR so he should be able to help you.

Once again I apologize. You did mention you were pregnant in the fax?

Jumping on this board for the first time! I see a lot of recent posters are from Mass and I from Central Mass. I am trying to make it though the 230+ pages of this thread, hopefully I will get done before we leave on March 2nd! :rotfl:

This is my DD's(7) 9th trip, but her first stay on property! We are (only- sniff, sniff) booked for 2 nights before we move to the Marriott Grande Vista and plan on surprising DD with a Royal Room (std view.) I hope that DH loves on-property so much that this will be the first of many stays! We were originally booked in AoA-Little Mermaid and switched when the Visa promotion came out. DD was so bummed when I changed the Little Mermaid room, but I know she is going to LOVE the Royal Room and keep telling her that she will love POR more! Every time she sees a picture online of the Royal room she asks if we can stay there! :hyper:

I am going to try to fax a request for a view upgrade- thank you for all the advice! I know it is just a 'request' but Pixie Dust found its way to her in the past!

We are doing 3 nights resort only in a preferred room for 2A 3K in August. I had my TA request building 14 or 15 since they are the closest to the main building. Is it better to be on the 1st floor or the 2nd floor? (Stairs are not a problem for us.):)

Jumping on this board for the first time! I see a lot of recent posters are from Mass and I from Central Mass. I am trying to make it though the 230+ pages of this thread, hopefully I will get done before we leave on March 2nd! :rotfl:

This is my DD's(7) 9th trip, but her first stay on property! We are (only- sniff, sniff) booked for 2 nights before we move to the Marriott Grande Vista and plan on surprising DD with a Royal Room (std view.) I hope that DH loves on-property so much that this will be the first of many stays! We were originally booked in AoA-Little Mermaid and switched when the Visa promotion came out. DD was so bummed when I changed the Little Mermaid room, but I know she is going to LOVE the Royal Room and keep telling her that she will love POR more! Every time she sees a picture online of the Royal room she asks if we can stay there! :hyper:

I am going to try to fax a request for a view upgrade- thank you for all the advice! I know it is just a 'request' but Pixie Dust found its way to her in the past!

Oh I am sorry if you think this template is to get free upgrades, because its not. It is just a fax to help with getting close to an area you want to be in. People just happen to get some upgrades, but this is not assuring you will get an upgrade and it is not a promise you will get your request after al they are just that, requests. But Disney is a very magical place and you may just get a little pixie dust sprinkled your way!

Hope you have a very magical visit!

We are doing 3 nights resort only in a preferred room for 2A 3K in August. I had my TA request building 14 or 15 since they are the closest to the main building. Is it better to be on the 1st floor or the 2nd floor? (Stairs are not a problem for us.):)

What do you mean by "better" though? Ground floor is easier to access quickly, whereas upper floor is a bit more walking back and forth to get to/from the stairways. However sometimes upper floor views are nicer, and of course there's no danger of having heavy-footed children in the room above. :) Personally I would suggest requesting a garden/bayou view rather than parking lot view first, then maybe an upper floor room if that appeals to you.

Andre

This has been my experience so far..I received an email saying my requests had been honored! So I was super excited. Paid for the RGR river view, and we are here until Saturday. We are on the extreme end of Parterre place lol. The room next to farthest distance from the bridge. I requested near the foot bridge because I'm very pregnant :)

As Venom has said, have a word with the front desk and ask to speak to the manager of the room assignment team to see if you can be moved (the resort staff will help you move your bags). You could also try replying to the email that you were sent, assuming you have access to it using whatever equipment you have with you.

I wonder if there's any way they might have misunderstood which bridge you were asking to be located close to? Some people want easy access for POFQ, which is nearer to another bridge. Just a stab in the dark anyway, and I hope you get sorted out soon.

Andre

Can anyone tell me if buildings 26,27, or 38 are relatively quiet? Trying to plan out my request strategy. :)

The whole resort is relatively quiet to be honest (especially when compared to the value resorts). Of those three, I'd say 26 is probably the quietest, as basically the further out from the main areas you go, the quieter it gets in terms of foot traffic.

Andre

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter