Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Three --- NOW FULL / CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just booked POR Garden View for February:cool1:
We were there in the summer of 2010 and I am so looking forward to going back. I am pretty sure Booking GV means I could end up in either MB or AB correct? I was hoping for a AB preferred room but they were all taken. I guess my best bet would be to request AB when we check in? I won't be disappointed either way so its all good.
The countdown is officially on and I can already taste the Magic Cookie Bar!!:goodvibes

I'm in the double digits! :banana: 99 more days to go till I'm at POR!

BaconDance.gif
Yay
BaconDance.gif

I am pretty sure Booking GV means I could end up in either MB or AB correct? I was hoping for a AB preferred room but they were all taken. I guess my best bet would be to request AB when we check in?

I would suggest getting your request added to your booking in advance (ask for AB 16 or 17, which are the closest buildings to the preferred locations). See http://www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php for more tips on the subject.

Andre

I've been lurking on this thread for a while now, trying to decide where to stay for our trip to the World next summer. POR ended up being the winner and we're finally booked for Aug 13-20 :cool1::cool1::cool1:. We're travelling with my husband's nephew and family and requested the AB section. So excited, just had to share :)

I've been lurking on this thread for a while now, trying to decide where to stay for our trip to the World next summer. POR ended up being the winner and we're finally booked for Aug 13-20 :cool1::cool1::cool1:. We're travelling with my husband's nephew and family and requested the AB section. So excited, just had to share :)

Congratulations. Glad you will be spending next August here with POR.

--------------

Good morning everyone else I have something to say...

I got my Tags, YESSSSSSSSSSS

Thank you dear Tag Fairy. I will be forever in your debt.

Would anyone know the nightly movie lineup for November at POR?
PortOrleans.org has the October and Halloween schedule posted but not November...

Thanks in advance!

I just gott off of the phone with Disney. I called to ask for a room request nothing much just upper level Oak Manor building (I booked a RGRGV). Well the cast member insisted I could not get the Oak Manor because the RGR are in the Magnolia building (really?). After a short but tense talk she just said "My job is to tell you what you can get for the price you paid" Well that's exactly what I'm asking for !!. I really don't like to argument with people and did not do it but I'm freaking out my reservation is all mess up. I mean I have the e-mail and the mickey-mail and everything looks o.k. I asked her to make sure we were talking about the right booking # and she just went (Who else would have an e-mail address like yours?) At that point I just said thank you and good bye. Is really the very first time I have a rude cast member at the phone and I don't know if is a good idea to call back today or wait until tomorrow. Some suggestions ?

I just gott off of the phone with Disney. I call to ask for a room request nothing much just upper level Oak Manor building (I booked a RGRGV). Well the cast member insisted I could not get the Oak Manor because the RGR are in the Magnolia building (really?). After a short but tense talk she just said "My job is to tell you what you can get for the price you paid" Well that's exactly what I'm asking for !!. I really don't like to argument with people and did not do it but I'm freaking out my reservation is all mess up. I mean I have the e-mail and the mickey-mail and everything looks o.k. I asked her to make sure we were talking about the right booking # and she just went (Who else would have an e-mail address like yours?) At that point I just said thank you and good bye. Is really the very first time I have a rude cast member at the phone and I don't know if is a good idea to call back today or wait until tomorrow. Some suggestions ?

Wow sounds like you got one that was ill informed. I sent you a PM to help.

Well the cast member insisted I could not get the Oak Manor because the RGR are in the Magnolia building (really?). After a short but tense talk she just said "My job is to tell you what you can get for the price you paid"

Yeah, right... as you are no doubt aware, she was plain 100% wrong - just as well you know more about the resort than she does. Personally I'd have asked for a supervisor I think, as this is a training issue - if she was unsure she should have checked rather than bull****ing you.

If you contact the resort directly (by fax or via Venom's PM) they can log your request, which as you say is a perfectly valid one.

Andre

Yes - but remember that the air around it, and walking back to your room, is NOT heated. Just sayin...

Andre

Thats funny. Nice response. Yeah they are heated, but don't feel like it the second you pass the water line to get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter