Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Three --- NOW FULL / CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. How about iron/ironing board. Are those already in the room or do you have to request those?

Quick question to anyone that knows. My daughter bought a name necklace from a gift shop here somewhere, can't remember if it was in park or at the hotel. Anyhow the chain broke...can I replace it? Also I have no idea where the receipt is and I paid cash lol...any help before we leave?

Quick question to anyone that knows. My daughter bought a name necklace from a gift shop here somewhere, can't remember if it was in park or at the hotel. Anyhow the chain broke...can I replace it? Also I have no idea where the receipt is and I paid cash lol...any help before we leave?

Check any of your other receipts for the returns/mail order email address. I think it's something like wdw.mail.order@disneyworld.com from memory. They should be able to help you. Or phone 1-407-363-6200.

Andre

Yes, there are corner standard view rooms. Most of the standard Royal Rooms are on the opposite side from the main facilities areas though (they face the parking lots) but if you put in a request to be as close to the main building as possible you might get lucky...

Hi Andre, so with a Royal Room with garden view would you recommend requesting the same thing, Oak Manor - close to the main building?

Wish I had found this forum before our recent trip to POR.
The resort was beautiful, food court was great, boat to DTD was wonderful.
Beds were very comfortable
Had a few complaints while at resort. First one was I could not believe there were no luggage carts to help you transport your luggage to your building from parking lot. We made several trips and were dropping things all over the walkway. I asked two Mousekeepers if POR furnished luggage carts but they could not speak English.They were polite but they could not help. Totally gave us out hauling all our luggage after our long journey to WDW.
Second was on our first night back from all day at MK (we stayed for extra magic hours) my daughter wanted to wash her hair so she wouldn't have to in the morning. She started to blow dry her hair and it started smoking and shooting sparks. She went to bed with her hair still damp and woke up with a head cold that she kept for the remainder of our trip. They did replace this the next day but the damage had already been done.
Third was the entry keypad cover kept falling off and we had to pop it back on every time we went out the door.
I left a tip for Mousekeepers each day. Never was left a towel animal and one day they did not even leave us any shampoo & soap.
These all may seem like small things but they took a little magic away from our stay.

From one of a million sites about this subject:
The truth: Exposure to viruses—not skipping the blow-dryer—causes cold and flu.

"Scientists have studied this really well," says Vreeman. "They've put cold viruses in the noses of two groups of people. One group was then exposed to cold/wet conditions, and people who were chilled were no more likely to get sick than those who weren't." Being outside can make your nose run (cold weather dilates blood vessels), but it doesn't make you more susceptible to viruses.

I do not doubt that you did have issues which were valid, but your daughter's head cold was not caused by Disney.

andrewilley said:
I actually meant that the irons don't have A/V cables, was a sort of joke... oh well, a swing and a miss as they say.

Andre
Lol I picked up on it, so not a total miss. :-)

So after our son being home sick from school on Friday and one of our dogs running away today (finally came back and now safely at another border), we have 9 hours until we can leave for the airport on our journey to POR!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

vtownpatty said:
So after our son being home sick from school on Friday and one of our dogs running away today (finally came back and now safely at another border), we have 9 hours until we can leave for the airport on our journey to POR!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Have an amazing trip!!!!

From one of a million sites about this subject:
The truth: Exposure to viruses—not skipping the blow-dryer—causes cold and flu.

"Scientists have studied this really well," says Vreeman. "They've put cold viruses in the noses of two groups of people. One group was then exposed to cold/wet conditions, and people who were chilled were no more likely to get sick than those who weren't." Being outside can make your nose run (cold weather dilates blood vessels), but it doesn't make you more susceptible to viruses.

I do not doubt that you did have issues which were valid, but your daughter's head cold was not caused by Disney.

Thank you! I was going to post something similar. Yours was much better, though.

It was an inconvenience, for sure, but did not cause the cold. Also, I'm pretty sure a cold has an incubation period of longer than overnight,

We just got home on Tuesday evening from a 6 night stay in one of the mansions 8500 building. Overall we loved the resort and found a vast majority of the staff super friendly and helpful.

I did have an issue, I accidentally left my phone on one of the beds and it was missing when I returned in the room in the afternoon. I attempted to ask a member of house keeping who was cleaning rooms two doors down from me. She asked why I was asking and I nicely stated that my phone was missing and I wanted to check if maybe they turned it in to lost and found. As soon as I said missing phone she she stopped looking at me and acted like she couldn't understand me, started shaking her head, no no etc. I asked if she knew who cleaned our room or who I could speak with who may be able to tell me. She just repeated, I don't know over and over. This made me really uncomfortable. I called house keeping who connected me to lost and found. At this point I knew something was up b/c DH tried calling my phone and it was going straight to voice mail. My phone is password protected set by my work. I've personally entered the password incorrectly and it takes many attempts before te phone shuts down to safe mode. I knew at this point it was most likely in safe mode.

I reported to lost and found that my phone was missing from my room. I was told by the person on the phone that I was mistaken and that housekeeping found a phone but not in my room. I was asked to describe the phone. I did, then I was asked what picture was on the screen and I honestly couldn't think of what screen she may be looking at. I told her there would be a password prompt on the screen. She said give me the password. I told her no, bring me the phone and I will put the password in I front of you and you can verify that it is infact my phone. She abruptly said, that is enough we will bring the phone down. 40 min later no phone so I called again. About 10 min later someone from housekeeping came down with the phone and a statement for me to sign that they found the phone in the Parking lot. I signed it because I really didn't want to let it ruin my vacation but it was upsetting. Lesson learned, double check your room for valuables before leaving.

When I got my phone back it was in safe mode. I had to reset it so someone tried many times to enter the incorrect password. I think that because it was useless maybe that is why I got it back do I would also recommend password protecting electronics.

This entry makes me wonder if there are,safes in the rooms at POR and if,so if,they,are,big,enough,for an,iPad?

Hi Andre, so with a Royal Room with garden view would you recommend requesting the same thing, Oak Manor - close to the main building?

I'm also interested Andre. We, too, have a Royal Room Garden View. Where would a corner room request likely place us? THANKS!!

Oak is a good choice for a Garden View room, yes. But then so are some rooms in Parterre.

As I often say, make sure you say WHY you are making a particular request rather than just giving a desired location - I'd suggest phrasing it with the detail first, for example "close access for the main building, and ideally in Oak Manor if possible". That way if a much better room is available in Parterre than there is in Oak, it helps them understand what you are looking for.

And corner rooms can be found, by definition, all around the building... so you could be anywhere that there's a corner. (Sorry if this is stating the obvious)

Andre

I know this is kinda against the purpose of the thread here... but I would recommend taking it as an opportunity to go visit the Boardwalk. Last time I was down in Disney was during the playoffs and my girlfriend and I went to see our team play at the ESPN Zone. It was a TON of fun. A lot of sports fans around and everyone was super friendly (even those cheering for the team we were playing).

That was my first thought but I've read on other threads that it's crazy busy there that day and you have to get there super early to get a seat. He wouldn't care if he's in the room (alone!) watching it either. We'll figure something out. Thanks.

We're here!! It's beautiful! So relaxing. I love the walk to our room. We are in a RR in Parterre. We had requested upper floor, close to main building and have a room just a hop, skip and jump from the path. Which is awesome and full of pixie dust b/c we booked standard view. :) We're super happy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter