• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Three --- NOW FULL / CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope to be in the far reaches of the resort this trip because I like it that way so I hope that wish is granted. I realize we are the minority and I hope someone who would rather be closer to the main action can get their wish granted due to my preference. I do understand why people prefer to be closer, however I enjoyed walking through the resort and being so close last time ended up being disappointing. To each their own. I figure no matter where our location ends up, Ill be happy. Hard not to be when at Disney.

portocall said:
I hope to be in the far reaches of the resort this trip because I like it that way so I hope that wish is granted. I realize we are the minority and I hope someone who would rather be closer to the main action can get their wish granted due to my preference. I do understand why people prefer to be closer, however I enjoyed walking through the resort and being so close last time ended up being disappointing. To each their own. I figure no matter where our location ends up, Ill be happy. Hard not to be when at Disney.

Good for you. Some of the farthest rooms at POR are the best!

I'll be able to do online check in in about 8 days so i'm trying to get my requests in order. We booked a garden view room to get the free dining promotion. Are there garden view rooms available in mansion section of the resort? It really doesn't matter on the specific location of the room as far as location to bus stops, pools, etc. We just really prefer the Mansion section. Thanks in advance for your help!

There are garden view mansions but you'll need to call in to make that request and have it added to your ressie.

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013

bluejasmine said:
There are garden view mansions but you'll need to call in to make that request and have it added to your ressie.

Thank you! I will add that to my request.

I said I used the squinty eyes to defend my curb space. My dad and I are the sort who will sit on the curb for an hour or so before the parade and people watch. It is amazing how many people think nothing of shoving or pushing to try move you.:rolleyes2 I've squished down as much as possible to let kids sit next to me, but I'm not letting mom or dad take my spot!

It made me laugh that of all the things I've posted, the Tag Fairy hits me with that one!:rotfl2:

I've sometimes requested my DH to sit on the curb with me up to 90 minutes in advance of MSEP for a prime viewing location for it and Wishes. The last time we even sat right next to a trash can, thinking that side would be safe from pushy people. But that didn't really help very much. The benefit of that strategy was that cast members kept letting them know they could not stay there in front of the trash can. One pair of 20 somethings had to be turned away 3 times! I'll have to practice my squinty eye look before February:rotfl2:

I know over at the Poly latest free check out is 12pm after that they prorate a fee for later check out.

Lucky us, in May 2009 the Poly allowed us a 1 pm free late check out. We've also received it for both of our AKL visits. In all cases, it was first requested at check-in but confirmed the evening before check out through the front desk checking with housekeeping. Here's hoping our good fortune continues at POR in February.

I just loaded my Disney pictures to my computer and Facebook from my trip in October. Makes me want to go back already!!!

I'm sure this has been asked before, but for my sanity:

If I'm faxing a room request 4 days before our trip, should I do online check in at 10 days or not? I don't know if that messes things up.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but for my sanity:

If I'm faxing a room request 4 days before our trip, should I do online check in at 10 days or not? I don't know if that messes things up.

I would fax then do online check in. But call to make sure they receive it.

Regardless of when you do online checkin, it won't actually be specifically looked at by a CM at the resort until a few hours before your arrival time (or presumably the night before if it's an early checkin). I don't think doing it 10 days or 24 hours out makes much difference.

However I guess one advantage of doing it between 10 and 5 days out would be so that the room assignment team can see your checkin time if there are any requests they need to look at in advance, or multi-room bookings to connect, etc.

So overall I would suggest doling online checkin first, as that way when you do send your fax, the system already has your checkin info/etc (although you could always repeat it in the fax if you wish).

Andre

I know the resort CS restaurants will usually let you use up leftover CS credits for snacks on checkout day.

But, will they let you exchange CS for snacks throughout your stay? Just thinking of breakfasts and wondering if we might be able to get something like cereal, milk and fruit cup the night before to have in our room to make the morning not so rushed. Do they allow you to make a "continental breakfast" using your counter service credits? TIA

They don't "let you". Your dining plan entitlements are valid until midnight of the day you check out.

I think they meant that on your check out day they allow people to 'cash in' their CS meals for snacks, and they were wondering if they could do that throughout their stay as well.

Not necessarily when things expire.

I know the resort CS restaurants will usually let you use up leftover CS credits for snacks on checkout day.

But, will they let you exchange CS for snacks throughout your stay? Just thinking of breakfasts and wondering if we might be able to get something like cereal, milk and fruit cup the night before to have in our room to make the morning not so rushed. Do they allow you to make a "continental breakfast" using your counter service credits? TIA

It would depend on the CM. Some let you do it, some stick pretty much to the rules. I would not expect them to do it consistently each day.

They don't "let you". Your dining plan entitlements are valid until midnight of the day you check out.

What she was asking if she could exchange her CS daily for a couple of snacks, rather than getting an entree, not just on the day you leave.

We just got back from POR on Oct. 28th - we were able to use a CS credit for a bagel/muffin, drink, and piece of fruit. A couple of times we brought it back to the room for breakfast.

We just returned last night from our stay at Riverside from 10/25 to 11/5. Let me just say I have been looking forward to Riverside forever.

Honestly I will say I prefer Sports over Riverside. My husband felt the same way. There was more people at the counters in Sports then in Riverside to help and assist people, and they were definitely friendlier.

We tried to attend and stay to watch Bob one night; I just could not stomach some of the people. Bob was great though.. I stayed for 2 songs and then I just could not take the rude and abrupt people.

Buses are a hit and miss I will agree. Some-days we just took a taxi.

I will say Boatwrights has amazing food and I do not know how anyone complains about it. We had a great server and he was extremely attentive to our son. We gave him a 35% tip on our 175.00 bill which of course most was DDP anyway.

Front Desk did say they never received my fax or any CM notes on my reservations which I personally know were on there.

Acadia building is where we were. I could hear the kids running on the walkway above me and when someone flushed the toilet in the surrounding rooms it echoed thru our room.

Mousekeeping was fine, no issues no complaints there. And yes we did see snakes outside our room. Rule is on Disney property they can not be killed.

Boat rentals were good.

Just glad we left yesterday.. lots of kids coming in now.

I imagine it is the best resort to some so take my words with a grain of salt, but just not my cup of tea. :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter