Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Three --- NOW FULL / CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
If checking in online are you able or is it still preferred to also send in a fax request?

Also, flip flopping about purchasing PP+, anyone have any opinions good or bad about this? :-)

Don't want to rush life along, but next month can't come soon enough!

I did online check in as well as sending a fax. I can tell you that faxing in my request worked out very well for me. :thumbsup2

I had Photopass+ and I think it was well worth the money. I have over 600 pictures! :) Plus getting the ride photos is really cool! It was our first trip so I think it was really worth it to have all those pictures.

The only thing is the PP+ card carrier must be present for the dining and rides photos.

Anyone who is in the same park with you (your friend/family member) can just ask the CM at the monitors to write down the picture # and then the Photopass+ card holder can go back any time that SAME DAY (only!) and add the pictures to the card! :)

We are booked at POR under the stay/play/dine promo for visit number 3 from Jan 29 to Feb 12! Although, I am really considering changing to off-site. It just sooo annoys me that we haven't gotten a pin for free dining when there are so many floating around out there. Free dining would save us another $740.

I thought the stay/play/dine promo essentially is free dining. I admit I haven't looked into it that closely because unfortunately we can't go this year anyway :(

How are the two offers different?

I thought the stay/play/dine promo essentially is free dining. I admit I haven't looked into it that closely because unfortunately we can't go this year anyway :(

It depends on how many are in your party, their ages and how many nights you are staying. For us it is 4 Disney adults, since the kids are 13 and 12, for 14 nights. So the simple answer would be that under the stay/play/dine promo we are all paying the child's price for dining - or $16 per person, per day. The numbers don't work quiet that easily, though. After 14 days those numbers start to add up.

On the path from the pool to our building we noticed they had some markings and by the end of the week we noticed this

486693_10152161396725131_2004705132_n.jpg

I asked a CM that was there on our last day and he said they will be attaching a hammock but they need to give the poles a week to settle in the cement before they can attach it.

Where was this by the way, looks like maybe just past the fishin hole on Ol' Man Island? I wonder if they're installing more of these?

Andre

Just a thought. My wife and I have used this route because we know we always come back to Disney once or twice a year and it saves us money and makes for a less complicated food mission. We buy our tickets at the 10 day no experation rate. We have about 18 days banked. Some park hopper (9) and some (10) non hopper. We spent about $50.00-$52.00 per day. We don't feel like we have to be at a park every day to use all the package tickets. Prices always go up so we are saving. We take the discount (usually 25-30% off) and save big. We don't have unused food credits, she can buy kids meals (mouse eater), we can split meals and make ADR's less stressfully.
Going further we buy Disney gift cards on our Disney Visa at out local chain store for fuel points, plus rewards and save more. We are using our gift cards to pay off our POR stay. A four person stay at POR can be about $75-$80.00 (per)a night if you go to a park, plus what food you want to eat.

I'm here now! What a gorgeous resort. We ate dinner in the food court and are just relaxing in our room now. I cannot wait to see more of this beautiful place tomorrow! :)

I'm here now! What a gorgeous resort. We ate dinner in the food court and are just relaxing in our room now. I cannot wait to see more of this beautiful place tomorrow! :)

Congrats, can't wait to hear about your trip!!!

Actually, they started selling them in the Merchandise shop a few months ago. :)

Thats something I wasn't sure about. The polynesian got them about 5 months ago wasn't sure it that had filtered down to Moderates. You have been really busy lately. I haven't seen you on in some time posting! Good to see you back!

Venomhatch said:
The most recent ones I have seen are like a light blue, pink, and a yellow, but I believe it could just be what we have in stock at the Polynesian.

As of july the mugs were a summer beach theme in pink, blue, or black

Congrats, can't wait to hear about your trip!!!

Thats something I wasn't sure about. The polynesian got them about 5 months ago wasn't sure it that had filtered down to Moderates. You have been really busy lately. I haven't seen you on in some time posting! Good to see you back!

I'm always around, LOL. I just dont post much because I have never actually vacationed there :(

Anyone who is in the same park with you (your friend/family member) can just ask the CM at the monitors to write down the picture # and then the Photopass+ card holder can go back any time that SAME DAY (only!) and add the pictures to the card! :)

You actually have 48 hours to go back and add ride photos according to the FAQs here:

http://www.facebook.com/notes/disneys-photopass-service/new-disney-photopass-arriving-april-4-2012-to-walt-disney-world-resort/10150650931518325

Checking in on Saturday! :yay:

We are requesting connecting rooms with the ILs. Do you think we should both do online check in or just wait until we get there to check in to get the best shot at getting connecting rooms? Or does it not make any difference? I am faxing in our request today, and it has already been noted on our reservation.

Checking in on Saturday! :yay:

We are requesting connecting rooms with the ILs. Do you think we should both do online check in or just wait until we get there to check in to get the best shot at getting connecting rooms? Or does it not make any difference? I am faxing in our request today, and it has already been noted on our reservation.

I think that whatever you do, you should both do it. I also know that if there is a problem with the room assigned with online check-in they will fix it if they can, but it will take extra time. As you know this doesn't mean you're guaranteed to get connecting rooms, but they will give them to you if they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter