Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Three --- NOW FULL / CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, much like Hobbs above, I have read all 207 pages of this! Now I need a vacation before my vacation! :lmao:

We check in Feb 23 and check out March 1.

Here is what I have learned:
1. Use Venomhatch's fax template and hope for pixiedust: because Venomhatch seems to know what's up and is most wonderful!
2. We will be in AB (there are 6 of us, DH, Mom, DS 10, DS 5, DS 1 and myself), and we are books for garden view (not that I really care btw).
3. Andre has way too much time on his hands, but man, am I thankful! And jealous that he lives in the UK!! :thumbsup2

So, now come the questions. When I do the fax, I should mentioned we are booked for garden view but I really don't care what view I have? I have just recently injured my knee and can't do stairs, so first floor is a must. Close would be nice too, not sure how much I'll really be able to walk, but I'm a trooper! I'm not looking for a bump up in category to preferred, but I was thinking maybe bld 16 on the end closest to bld 14? Would it be OK to ask for that? Or just leave it up to chance?

We will also need a pack n play. I would request that on the fax as well, right?

Also, I think I did the online check in and just put my only request as a ground floor, but I'm not sure it went through. Who knows...:confused3 I'll end up in all the lines when I get there, that's just my luck!

Standard View in Acadian House & Magnolia Terrace...

Are the standard view rooms that are not views of the parking lot basically a view of a wall? For example...

Magnolia Terrace - rooms 8506, 8562, 8751, 8807
Acadian House - rooms 8006, 8107, 8206, 8307

They are views where you mostly see across to another part of the building (wall, room window, etc) rather than directly out into the gardens. The non parking-lot sides of the building rooms would still be quite nice though.

Andre

I have read every single post on this thread.....

OK, much like Hobbs above, I have read all 207 pages of this! Now I need a vacation before my vacation!

I hate to tell you, but this thread is just the last few months, there are plenty of predecessors to catch up on now too... :) (Looks like we added eight pages in the last 24 hours in fact!)

hobbs6799: Glad we could all help you in making your choices. If all you really want is ground floor then I'm sure you'll get it, especially if it's for medical reasons. By all means fax just before you go if you like, but I doubt you'll need to (you could even ask to swap when you get to check-in, if you're not happy with the location they offer).

AlexandAndysMom: Put your requests into your original booking first, just in basic form. Especially the pack'n'play bit. Then when you get a bit closer (3-5 days out is best) you can send a fax with a bit more detail and discussion and what you'd like. That's when you can elaborate on your requests a bit, saying that you'd be happy to sacrifice the view for a closer room location for example (but both would be nice of course!). Building 16 would be a great choice for you. Maybe see you there anyway, we check out on 25 Feb.

Andre

Thanks for the link to the predecessors, Andre. Looks as if I will have plenty of reading material to occupy me while I wait for October to roll around. :ccat:

Just want to share in the appreciation for Venon and Andre who are awesome!!! will be in touch in a couple months, 99 days out until our trip to POR !!! Very much want to ensure we get our King room in Magnolia Bend. Thank you Venom for your PM already !!! :)

Andre, I've been reading through them...just not as closely as this one! There is way too much information for my head to take in with less than a month to go! I do appreciate everything you have put together! And all on here who have been so helpful! I just need to take a deep breath and focus on traveling 15 hours in a van with a baby! Panic attack here I come! Lol

Can anyone tell me where the best place to get water would be?

We will be using a water bag in the parks to fill up our bottles, so where should we fill up the bag from? Everyone talks about the tap water not being so great so I'm thinking filling it in our room wouldn't be a good idea.

Also, is there any way to know which rooms are connecting rooms in AB? I am requesting ground floor connecting rooms and just wanted to get an idea of where they may be located in the building.

Thanks everyone,
Cheryl

This is my first time posting, after lots of research and reading here. I just wanted to say thanks Venom for the fax template. We sent ours yesterday..checking into a RGR river view on Feb 2nd! I'm pregnant and not sure how things will go this time, so I requested close to the bridge. Fingers crossed! So excited, this is our first POR trip and first moderate hotel. We have only done values in the past. Thank you Andre for all the info too. I love the room maps you recently did. So helpful!

Can anyone tell me where the best place to get water would be?

We will be using a water bag in the parks to fill up our bottles, so where should we fill up the bag from? Everyone talks about the tap water not being so great so I'm thinking filling it in our room wouldn't be a good idea.

Also, is there any way to know which rooms are connecting rooms in AB? I am requesting ground floor connecting rooms and just wanted to get an idea of where they may be located in the building.

You could fill up from the drinks fountains in the food court. I don't think anyone worries about you using the cold water from there, and I think it's a little less chlorinated than the tap water. Or just buy a few one-gallon cartons of water from the hotel shop (or the supermarket or Hess gas station if you are driving and want to get it a bit cheaper).

There are connecting rooms all around the resort, in all sections. Approximately 50% of all the rooms have connecting doors.

Andre

Just want to share in the appreciation for Venon and Andre who are awesome!!! will be in touch in a couple months, 99 days out until our trip to POR !!! Very much want to ensure we get our King room in Magnolia Bend. Thank you Venom for your PM already !!! :)

No Problem!

I've been hearing from MANY sources about the world famous biegnets. Are they only at POFQ or can I get one at POR?

You could fill up from the drinks fountains in the food court. I don't think anyone worries about you using the cold water from there, and I think it's a little less chlorinated than the tap water. Or just buy a few one-gallon cartons of water from the hotel shop (or the supermarket or Hess gas station if you are driving and want to get it a bit cheaper).

There are connecting rooms all around the resort, in all sections. Approximately 50% of all the rooms have connecting doors.

Andre

Thanks Andre :)

:wave2:
We'll be staying at POR in mid-May with four kids, and from past experiences at WDW, I really loathe navigating busy food courts with small kids! We are not big breakfast eaters, so I was thinking I could sneak down to the food court early and just pick up some croissants, muffins, etc. to bring back to the room before the rest of the family wakes up (I'm a very early riser). Would it be safe to say that the food court won't be crazy yet if I get there around 6:30am? Also, do they provide "to-go" boxes or bags for the bakery items, or should I plan to bring my own? Thanks for your help!

Another food question...Does anyone know if the Riverside Mill offers turkey bacon/sausage as a substitute for pork on the breakfast menu?

Thanks!

Would it be safe to say that the food court won't be crazy yet if I get there around 6:30am? Also, do they provide "to-go" boxes or bags for the bakery items, or should I plan to bring my own? Thanks for your help!

6:30am will be pretty quiet, it doesn't really start getting too busy until 7:30+. The hot food stations don't open until 7am, so if you want to bring back any pancakes/etc keep that in mind. I'm sure they can provide a bag to put the food in, or just use one of the trays (the room maid will collect it for you later).

Another food question...Does anyone know if the Riverside Mill offers turkey bacon/sausage as a substitute for pork on the breakfast menu?

Not on the menu (I assume you are trying to avoid pig meat?) but I wouldn't be surprised if they had something different available as a special order for people on special diets. You'd need to ask though.

Andre

Not on the menu (I assume you are trying to avoid pig meat?) but I wouldn't be surprised if they had something different available as a special order for people on special diets. You'd need to ask though.

Andre

Yes, we don't eat pork. I had heard rumors that other breakfast locations offered a turkey substitute. At POP and ASMov they were great about giving us extra biscuits/waffles instead of meat, but talk about carb-loading.

I will investigate and report back in a few days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter